GreaseSpot Cafe

GAS,GAS,GAS,GAS...

likeaneagle

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Woo woo, I just paid 2.14. I remember when I was horrified at how high that was, and now it's like a gift!

Are you sure it was actual gas??

I bought some cheapo off brand gas awhile back (forget how much) and the engine knocked like crazy until that tank was gone. at first I thought my vehicle was screwed up, but after it cleared up on the next tank it finally dawned on me why the gas was so cheap

I know that taxes in each state on gasoline and deisel vary quite alot, and that may 'splain different prices, but I do not understand how one state drops 75 cents a gallona and our state (Colorado/ Wyoming) only drops 20 cents. We are still holding at $2.80 to 2.85 for regular and of course my truck recommends mid grade so I use it normally, for another 10 cents a gal.

Can anyone explain why we all don't drop a similiar amount per gallon?

~HAP

... I do not understand how one state drops 75 cents a gallona and our state (Colorado/ Wyoming) only drops 20 cents. We are still holding at $2.80 to 2.85 for regular

Hap, when I use my credit card that shows I voted Republican, I get a dollar off the Democrat price. It pays to be part of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Other than that, I'd guess it is just a distribution thing, and how contracts are arranged maybe? ... It is more evident with prices dropping so quickly. Now they are talking about prices back at $1.25 before long. Bush approval ratings are up to like 45, so using the gas price/approval rating equation, Bush will be at 65 for November.... of course after the election prices will rebound to $3. . . . wink2:

Edited by rhino

Ha rhino- I just KNEW there was an answer to this! But your explanation falls down when one looks at the price in Wyoming. I don't think there IS anyone who voted democrat there, and if your hypothesis is true, ya better fill in Wyoman, cause there aren't many who endorse the repubican plan more fully than he! LOL

Dove- Maybe we all need to build our respective communities' acceptance of alternative transportation, bikes, scooters etc and develop more efficient and convenient mass transportation systems throughout the land.

~HAP

Edited by HAPe4me

Dove- Maybe we all need to build our respective communities' acceptance of alternative transportation, bikes, scooters etc and develop more efficient and convenient mass transportation systems throughout the land.

Hiya Hap. Bikes and scooters would work up here for (about) 3 months out of the year!

And as far as mass transportation goes -- much of the population (in this area), is Lutheran.

They wouldn't be caught dead on a *mass* transportation system.

It would be considered a *conspiracy theory* by the Catholics!

;)

gasprices.jpg

$2.15 this evening.... and here, it seems to go down by .01 each day.... Usually I fill up at the half way point... this time I waited ALMOST to empty... I know, my Dad wouldn't approve ;) Was trying to hold out until the $2.00 point... but, all that running around with the kids... next time maybe it'll be under $2.00 :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got it for $1.94 in Oxford, Mississippi Friday :) . When I took my daughter back down yesterday, that station had run out of gas. I had to pay $2.03. Around Memphis, $2.09 is common but what gets me is that there are still stations selling it for $2.29.

sudo