GreaseSpot Cafe

"Awaiting the Return"

Xena

CM,

Are you TRYING to fire me up, or something? If I wanted to get fired up then what Raf said could have done it.

It does amaze me how much I've written that WAS fired up from efforts of those who wanted to to silence me. Seems like they apply the Law of reversed Efforts unknowingly.

I'm happy to have gotten into the record what I did. I don't need to have the last word to be happy.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have made no effort to silence you: merely called your hijacking effort for what it was.

"Law of reversed efforts" implies you would not have moved the subject of this thread to your precioussss had I not said anything. We both know that is a lie.

CM,

Gosh, what is it that you saw?

I'd be happy to discuss some things with you, if they fit in with my agenda.

I have to warn you that I'm pretty much only interested in seeing what God taught Dr and Dr put into written form. I don't recognize the authority from which you speak, so I'm declaring myself to be non-meek, uncoachable, and closed minded... unless you can show me something within the PFAL writings.

Just to satisfy Raf's inner vigilantee, maybe we should go to a new thread.

Is it Christ's return and the gathering together the topic you want to discuss?

quote:
Originally posted by Mike:

I'd be happy to discuss some things with you, if they fit in with my agenda.

I have to warn you that I'm pretty much only interested in seeing what God taught Dr and Dr put into written form. I don't recognize the authority from which you speak, so I'm declaring myself to be non-meek, uncoachable, and closed minded... unless you can show me something within the PFAL writings.

What prompted this degree of candor, Mike?

You used to go out of your way to avoid saying this outright, and accuse us of

misrepresenting you when we said this was your position?

I'm curious.

quote:
non-meek, uncoachable, and closed minded... unless you can show me something within the PFAL writings.

WW this is actually encouraging...

kibitzing is of course allowed..

but try not to distract too much..

Don't forfeit now Mike,

I think it will be good for all..

And this thread is fine for it.

I'll restate...and this is flexible...

quote:
Originally posted by CM:

quote:
I don't recognize the authority from which you speak

and that authority is?

We gotta at least have some simple common ground here. Be at least on the same board to play.

Your move...

WordWolf,

You wrote: "What prompted this degree of candor, Mike? You used to go out of your way to avoid saying this outright, and accuse us of misrepresenting you when we said this was your position? I'm curious."

I think you missed the many times when I DID say those kinds of things. I've often admitted that I have an agenda. How could I hide it? Why would I hide it?

I've often said that I was closed minded on SOME things, things that I finally found the truth on. I've often argued that a closed mind is a good thing when someone has the truth, and an open mind is good when they don't.

I resisted, dodged, avoided (whatever term you put on it) Raf's thread on apparent contradictions because his methods don't fit with my chosen methods. His agenda there is different than mine. I start with an assumption that the texts are pure and God-breathed; he starts assuming they are not God-breathed and that my assumption is idolatry. He stops and celebrates when an apparent contradiction or error is spotted and seems sure on the surface; I see the work as just beginning when such an item is arrived at.

When the Federal Government issued visas to 2 or 3 of the dead 9/11 terrorists a year after the attaacks President bush stepped into Claude Reins's Casablanca shoes by stating "I'm shocked! Simply SHOCKED, that there's that kind of inefficiency in this government." This embarrassed me to no end. I am not a political zealot, but I did vote for him and he sorely disappointed me at that point.

When most people in San Diego, a border city, heard about the visa issuing they yawned and thought, "Typical! so what else is new?" The fact that the visas were issued post mortem was not news here. The fact that the visas were issued to known terrorists was not news here. It was a "dog bites man" story through and through. Everyone knows the Feds are shlumps when it comes to the border.

I figured either Bush was lying through his teeth, like the Casablanca character, or he was dumber than dirt about how clumsy the government is. Here was a border governor who must have seen first hand the Fed's total ineptness in dealing with the Texas border, or he had his eyes totally closed and merely used his governorship as a stepping stone to the presidency. I was mortified. AND I also thought the left wing was going to have a field day tearing him apart with an analysis similar to my own after his expression of shock.

But the left wing, in all their rabid hatred and total focus on how to defeat Bush NEVER SAW this huge opportunity to cast ill light on him. Why? Because they were TOO focused on catching him at something, and it slipped by them. When people are too focused on a small picture they totally miss the big picture; it's the forest versus the trees scenario.

Ditto for you, WW. I've kidded you for being too focused before, and here's proof that I'm right. I saw the same thing with Steve Lortz when I first came on here. There was an incident with another poster and I almost bowed out of posting to avoid hurting that person. Finally a small number of posters (thank you much, Abigail!) caught on and saw that my motives were noble, but old Stevarino kept plugging away at me thinking he had caught me with my hand in the cookie jar and my pants down. It was very telling how he was not paying ANY attention to the resolution of the matter and simply salivating at the opportunity of catching me in some "fatal" contradiction. Some other posters finally let him in on what he had missed.

WW, you miss many things that are in my heart and in my posts. You are so dutifully devoted to snagging me you can't hear what I am saying. If you don't see a hook to grab onto in a post of mine, you don't mentally process it and promptly forget it as you move on looking for more hooks.

My use of the phrase "tattered remnants" was totally misunderstood as well as my attitude to the ancient scriptures and even modern versions. I finally got a good chance to explain that to Chatty Kathy some several months ago, but it was promptly buried by other posters who could not bear to accept my explanation.

Sure I resent it when you folks misrepresent me, and you do it all the time out of your hatred for VPW, PFAL, and TWI. You often do misrepresent me because you don't listen to me. You hear certain buzz words and phrases but you don't put together my thoughts. If you don't believe me, I'll pull up my own quotes where I have said such things before... when I get time. Meanwhile they're in the record for those who want to search. Maybe they'll actually listen to my ideas and understand them in the process.

CM,

I ran out of time to answer your question, but I will say here that I've answered your question about 50 times before. Maybe there any other posters here who paid enough attention to my previous posts to answer you while I'm at work. I used slightly different terminology in my previous posting on this, so that's probably why you don't remember.

I've posted before about how many of us did well on things like the AC entrance exam because that test used the exact wording in the books. If the AC exam was not multiple choice questions, but essay, most would have failed. If the AC exam was a test of ideas most would have not done nearly as well.

Does anyone here know what my recognized authority is? I've even posted what it USED to be before it was upgraded 7 years ago. I'm talking about reams of text I've issued on this topic.

Because this question of yours, CM, fits in so squarely with my agenda, I will answer you soon. Don't you have ANY idea what it is now though?

quote:
I resisted, dodged, avoided (whatever term you put on it) Raf's thread on apparent contradictions because his methods don't fit with my chosen methods. His agenda there is different than mine. I start with an assumption that the texts are pure and God-breathed; he starts assuming they are not God-breathed and that my assumption is idolatry. He stops and celebrates when an apparent contradiction or error is spotted and seems sure on the surface; I see the work as just beginning when such an item is arrived at.

Alternative explanation: First of all, it's ACTUAL ERRORS, not "apparent contradictions." Second, you dodged because you CAN'T answer them, not because you won't.

Ok...

gotta keep replys shorter and no refer back to such and such posts..I don't have the time to play like that.

Posts must not fill up more then one half of your screen!!!

and as far as this goes..

"I don't recognize the authority from which you speak "

seems I recall Jesus being questioned like this.

you quit on me already Mike...

Mike

You start with a passage written by vpw as God-breathed, the rest of us are not going to drink that Kool-Aid any longer.

Your idol died of a disease he said was caused by a devil spirit. If he was the man you say he was, shouldn't he be around today.

Your idol was a fraud, and your arguments reflect that fraudulence.

well...shoot....Mike

i ain't Jesus who had to keep his mouth closed in order to give us life, but i should back off a bit i suppose...

how bout a simple conversation?

a sane one preferably...

sooner or later you will be in the light

when do you want it?

hide from it but it'll find you

surprises await...