GreaseSpot Cafe

Bad Job References From TWI

Eagle

Has anybody that left TWI get a bad job reference for leaving TWI employment, even though you did a stellar job, because of no longer being with TWI, and did any others who worked for standing followers of TWI who then left TWI get a bad job reference from those still in TWI?

It happened to me. I had to explain about 12 years of off and on again jobs with those that stood with TWI after I left and got not so kind remarks to those I applied to in the real world. I always did great work for these people, too. Those whom I worked for outside TWI gave good references while those in TWI gave bad.

God saw me through anyway. Anybody with the same scenario in those days?

Surprisingly not. I quit working for twi in 2001. I got a glowing reference when I first left HQ, but I had the same job from that time until recently. I got married and moved to another state. I asked my co-worker about what kind of reference twi gave me. She said it was fine. But she said it wouldn't have mattered because of the exceptional reference my most recent employer gave me.

Guess it depends on the individual people. I never worked for TWI directly, just TWI people. One in particular owed me back salary and despite being as poor as I was at the time, I wrote it off.

But I had quit TWI and his business at the same time and was marked and avoided. I did most of the work for that business at that time and did allow time for someone to take my place and train them before I left. I also worked my butt off in the business so he and his family could make it to the ROA.

After quitting, I was looked down upon. The man was a large financial contributor to TWI. After quitting TWI, I thought I would at least get a good reference but got a bad one from him.

Despite that, I was hired because I was a temp that was able to work the job I was hired for and proved myself on the job. The man doing the interview ignored the bad reference.

I thought I was toast, but it turned out okay after all.

I agree with Abigail. In my area too, it's illegal to give a bad reference without documentation. In fact, I don't think they can ask any questions here except to verify your employment there, your position, salary and title. You might want to look into that. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Oh, I won't sue the guy. I forgave him. But I am much the wiser to work for someone in that kind of position again. Since I beat that rap, no lawsuit. If I hadn't, I would have been dirt poor and couldn't afford a lawyer.

Sounds like TWI itself was smarter and gave good, neutral, or no reference. I like the information being given on this thread though as I do intend to begin a business. Some of this material may protect me.

God first

Beloved Eagle

God bless your heart

That happen to a friend of mine that taught me a lot of things that have help me along life way

But it was God who help him get the job and I am sure it was God that help you forgive that person

Forgiving seems to be a key to growth

This man understood Geneis like I not heard taught my any others

He did a time line better than the one I did

Its was good to think about him again

thanks Eagle

with love and an holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Eagle,

I had a similar situation... worked for a couple of years for a big-wig local wayfer. He and his partner told me in person several times how wonderful they thought my work was. (Stupidly, I never had them put it in writing... didn't think I'd be needing it.)

Anyway, I found myself suddenly booted from twi, and a message was left on my answering machine the very next day saying they no longer needed my services!! I wrote a very professional letter asking for written references on my work, since I would be needing to find employement elsewhere. I got nothing. Zip.

After that I didn't even list them as a reference on applications because I was concerned about what they might say to potential employers.

The hypocrasy still just burns me up.