GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Birthday Rhino - - Big 5-0!!!!

jardinero

B)

Thanks folks ... looks like a lot of folks here are right around the half century mark ... Maybe because so many of us spent part of our 20's pursuing our youthful ideals ... and ending up for a time in TWI, during their hay days. (or was it hazed & dazed?) Then for me, somehow another 20 years flew by after leaving that.

About 15 of that I spent cleaning windows, playing volleyball, drinking beer, shooting pool ... not bad overall. Then the mid life change ... back to live near the old home town, build my little place in the country, grow some grapes, make some wine, maybe farmers' market ... God is good :D

It's been good chatting with some of you ... and it will be fun to discuss where people have gone since "escaping" twi. Still a nice long journey lies ahead ...

rhino

send wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 :D

i have some blueberry wine going now

first time for me

wanna swap if mine comes out ok?

This is my 3rd time, but I don't put a lot of effort into making it. I just check the sugar and then let it go. I rack once if I get to it lol. I'll see how this batch turns out around spring ... swapping would be fun, but prolly not worth the shipping till we develop our skills. I've learned that the lower quality stuff is not bad mixed with orange or red soda :P

I have about 45 gallons going now. I may try making beer too, one of these days ...

• 2 weeks later...
rhino-

happy belated b-day

I took this pic at a winery located on top of the highest mountain here where I live in Va.post-548-1128896632_thumb.jpg

Thanks ...

those look like some young vines, 2nd year maybe (or second leaf, as they say) ... I bought some Norton wine from somewhere in Virginia once ... Horton Norton maybe? Or am I thinking of the elephant? :)

TCat, thanks for your message too, I missed it earlier B)

Happy, happy birthday

from all of us to you

Happy, happy birthday

May all your dreams come true.

May you have happy birthdays

All your whole life through;

Happy, Happy Birthday,

From All of Us to You!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P B) :D

Thanks Nika

And I didn't even have to stand up with all the other birthday boys and girls :)

Rhino-

I use to travel alot out to Central Western Illinois. I used to live in northern Illinois till 2003 and then I moved here..

I am going out to a wine tasting and Hot Air Baloon festival next weekend for my b-day outing........loving it..horses grazing on the hillside, hot air baloons take offs and about 40 wineries giving away free tasters!! whoooops forgot the bagpipers.........

Yes, that is a new winery up on the big hill :)

Edited by likeaeagle