GreaseSpot Cafe

None Left Standing

Cherished Child

Is it really true that not a single one of Dr. and Mrs. Wierwille's children is currently "standing with The Way"? From what I've heard, this has been the case for a number of years, long before the death of Mrs. W. I wonder what drove the children to forsake the miinstry that their parents built, and their eldest brother nurtured. I know that J.P. is (or was) openly bitter in regard to TWI, and at one point, promised to speak openly about his feelings regarding many topics related to The Way. But what about the other children? Are they all with CFF now? Will they ever step forward and reveal all that they know about the Way's history and their father's role in the grand scheme of it? A few close friends of the family have said that the children declined to speak out in order to spare the feelings of their dear mother. Now that she is peacefully awaiting the return of Christ...?

Unless they (or LCM) were to come forward with a written account of what they know to be true, a great many questions will forever go unanswered. I use to hope that all the truth would finally be revealed, but quite frankly, I realize that that hope is all but lost. :(

Please don't loose Hope. There is a time and place for everything, as it is written in the Word of God.

Perhaps that 'time' hasn't happened yet, but surely we will have 'answers' to this and other questions one day. Keep 'hope' alive?

All those who caused harm to 'God's Children', will be certainly Held Accountable!!

Is it really true that not a single one of Dr. and Mrs. Wierwille's children is currently "standing with The Way"?

Yep, it's really true. I used to hear Laurie Wierwille Harmon talk disparagingly about her relatives who weren't "in" TWI.

From what I've heard, this has been the case for a number of years, long before the death of Mrs. W. I wonder what drove the children to forsake the miinstry that their parents built, and their eldest brother nurtured.
I dunno. Someone else here may have more light to shed on that question.
I know that J.P. is (or was) openly bitter in regard to TWI, and at one point, promised to speak openly about his feelings regarding many topics related to The Way. But what about the other children? Are they all with CFF now? Will they ever step forward and reveal all that they know about the Way's history and their father's role in the grand scheme of it? A few close friends of the family have said that the children declined to speak out in order to spare the feelings of their dear mother. Now that she is peacefully awaiting the return of Christ...?

Give them time. It hasn't been that long.

Unless they (or LCM) were to come forward with a written account of what they know to be true, a great many questions will forever go unanswered. I use to hope that all the truth would finally be revealed, but quite frankly, I realize that that hope is all but lost. :(

Why do you feel that hope is all but lost?

I'm sure that Veepee's kids could probably tell some real horror stories if they wanted to...but...

don't forget something...this was their father.

I respect their privacy as well as I respect them. I know both JP and Sarah and they are wonderful people. I have nothing but admiration for the way they have "dealt" with all of this and I wish them well.

I wonder what drove the children to forsake the miinstry that their parents built, and their eldest brother nurtured.

They did not forsake a ministry. The "ministry" forsook them by betraying anything good that was in it.

From what I've heard, this has been the case for a number of years, long before the death of Mrs. W. I wonder what drove the children to forsake the miinstry that their parents built, and their eldest brother nurtured.

As Raf said, the ministry left them. Imo, they are being more loyal by NOT staying with the aberration that twi became.

Edited by dmiller

I know there are grandkids still in, and there is a Weirwille couple that runs a branch in Denver. I will have to put on my thinking cap...................

Bliss, you're probably thinking of Don's kids: Laurie, Kristin and Ralph.

Laurie married Matthew Harmon and they have a little boy named Donnie and I think another child. They lived in the house with Mrs. VP W and Don's wife. I imagine they still live there with Wanda.

Kristin went into the WC after graduating from college and teaching for a couple of years. I'm not sure where she went after that.

Ralph is married and has kids and he's the one in Denver, I believe.

Those are the only Wierwille's I know still involved.