GreaseSpot Cafe

a god i know and love

excathedra

Excathedra, I have seen the God that you knew, through YOU girl.

Your posts without exception were what awoke my spouse and I. Not that we are anything important, but without the guts to post what had to be incredibly difficult to share in a climate of folks who still worshipped vpw and his leaders.....we would have never woken up....i would have spent the rest of my life trying to operate the *prinicples* and blaming myself for the failures !!!!

Excathedra, you were the FIRST to tell us on these boards that vpw was NOT the man of God he portrayed himself to be...that had to take courage.

I would have stayed forever in the mold that twi forced me into....it would have never occured to me to doubt the legalistic, works centered hard nosed God that was presented to me in twi.... it would have been a mighty bleak existance.

most of us *get it* excathedra...those who don`t or see you as an attention seeker...(gawd as if ANYONE really wants that kind of attention) are simply trying to preserve their rosey colored twi experience....God must remain in the little box that we constructed in twi and that makes sense to us....

If they consider what you post.....the whole world comes tumbeling down...life as they know it ceases to exist....

the thing is...that THAT world is an illusion...you threaten that ex....so they have to make YOU the villain or the liar in order to avoid having to face reality and rebuild ones universe.

Excathedra, I would like to see more of the God that saw you through the difficulties....the one I see communicated through you and your posts....that is the one that I am coming to know ..... and I find more and more that he wasn`t allowed and I really didn`t know much about him in twi.

I hope that you will never let the folks who want us to remain decieved intimidate you.....for you have seen the God of twi up close and for real...you have seen past the carefully manufactured illusion presented to the rest of the folks involved with twi......you have seen the ugliness that was at the very heart of it all.

You have my appreciation for speaking out even when it is made so difficult.

Excathedra, I ditto what everyone has said thus far. ALSO, like Rascal said, you are the ONE person among others that struck my heart and made me see that the 'man' was not the 'man' that I thought he was.

You are the one that I told my sister about, and now, after reading other posts on GS, she believes the truth about the 'man' who she absolutely adored.

Please know that God does work in YOU. You have been a tremendous help to many.

THANK YOU, Excathedra!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for your kind replies

i was thinking about god

about how he seems to have been the only one there for me since about age 4

when you're a kid (or adult) and have no one, you have to turn somewhere

and somehow i think he has always been there

why he couldn't help me with some things, not sure