GreaseSpot Cafe

Seen this?

Belle

Wow, I forget that many TWI doctrine people think that talking negatives about anything, not just the Way, is some type of evil and will lead to Bad things in their life. Negative words lead to negative believing, negative happenings etc. Okay, now I remember.

Bramble -- fer what it is worth, what you just said is more true than you think.

(Ok -- here I am again on my soap-box)

I have found (regardless of twi) that positive thinking works better than negative.

The group home that I work at has 4 gents who are all mentally retarded (along with other disabilaties), and the minute you (I, or anyone else) thinks negatively about any situation, they pick up on it, and all hell breaks loose.

We have two staff members there, that are *control freaks*.

Nothing pleases them, they exude *negativity* in their every word and action towards the men that live there, and reap the results which end up in verbal and physical *altercations* between them, and the staff on duty at the time.

Me -- (Mr. Laid-back-in-a-coma-kinda-guy), takes every negative thrown my way, and makes fun of it, turns it into a positive (if you will), and the next thing ya know, every one is happy, doing normal stuff, and no fights.

I have ZERO PROBLEMS with the PMA outlook (Positive Mental Attitude).

And when I am on duty -- we have NO problems whatsoever. :)

However -- when either of the two other staff folks I mentioned are on duty, there are reams of notes in the daily log about how so-and-so (client) was un co-operative, was obsessing, had verbal and physical outburtsts, etc.

Since these two treat our men like wayward children, they get what they ask for.

To the detriment of the men that live there.

But I'm using this to point out that talking negatives reaps the crop you have sown.

If ya don't believe me -- come on over to Noumenon House, and work for a week with *My Guys*.

Positive thinking gets you positive results.

Whether or not twi promoted it.

David

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, dmiller, we are not talking about positive mental outlooks in life here. In actual real life I'm a pretty chipper gal, full of plans and dreams. I have no problem with positive mental outlooks in life. When I meet really negative people I tend to wonder if they are depressed or ill.

We are talking about bad or even evil experiences in TWI. I think to gloss over them, or stop yourself from speaking about them, or to renew your mind not to even think about them and replace those thoughts with happy thoughts is not how people work through this stuff. You said yourself people need to vent.

I'm sure there are people on this forum who have some severe issues from TWI or from their own mental issues or combination therof, that bleed over into their real life and they do require more help than this message board can provide. I would hope that they have loving family and friends and not just this message board to help them get the help they need.

Telling about personal bad experiences with TWI I think is helpful to other people who are leaving TWI or recently left. They WERE bad experiences, and many of us had our brains so screwed around, we thought WE were the ones who were messed up. At the time we experienced them we were afraid to name them as bad experinces--because it is the Way, and the Way=the Word. Instead, we internally labeled ourselves as slothful or hardhearted or unbelieving etc, obediently following the leader to that conclusion, even though it was like a mental death to do it.

Now is a chance to finally get it straight. See it honestly for what it was.

I don't think discussing the crapolla of TWI has anything to do with positive mental outlooks in living life. This forum is for some of us the only place where we can voice these thoughts where anyone will have a chance of understanding--people who didn't live it think we're NUTS, because of the stuff we put up with and believed. Some ex way who left at an earlier, happier time think those things, too, I've noticed.

I think these negative discussions have to do with dealing with trauma in life--which is something I sure didn't learn in TWI. TWi was all--get over it. Being 'bitter' about an evil done to you was actually worse than doing the evil thing to your brother or sister in Christ, because emotions didn't count in TWI. Oh and that Bible verse about bitter being a root(so similar to the conduit for the adversary teaching.)

In TWI2 we were taught (as in repetitious yuck teachings) that holding negative thoughts in your brain made 'grooves' in your brain that became 'conduits for the adversary'. Devil spirits.

You know how that doctrine really worked? It kept people from thinking about bad things that were actually happening to them, to see a situation as what it actually was. It kept people in some distorted trust pattern toward leaders who were deserving of no trust. And that just let them get hurt more the next time.

Hushing up was a great advantage to the abusers, controllers and manipulaters.

I see no reason to hush.

I see no one preventing posters from starting God is Great threads.

(Responding to my note that the phrase "corps vet" coexisted with

"wow vet" but was phased out.)

When was that, WW? Could you explain what that meant?

I can tell you that Igotout and Simonzelotes are posters here

who bought official "corps vet" t-shirts once they completed

their tours of duty in the way corps.

You'll have to ask THEM for specifics.

Please ask them to POST about it,

since I expect someone to later claim there WERE no such

shirts.

Per WhiteDove:

Hmmmmmm........."not written down".........not anywhere?

When I signed up for "twig coordinator training" via the corps program.......it was NOT WRITTEN DOWN ANYWHERE that this was to be

a lifetime of twi service??

NOT ONE PIECE OF LITERATURE.....NOT ONE OF THE LCM PROMOTIONS MADE THIS PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE. Only after several months was this mentioned in a closed-corps, full-bore meeting.........a seductive measure, for sure.

Inference AND implications were always A BIG PART of twi's manipulation.

WhiteDove showed a brochure with a title about

"A Lifetime of Christian Service."

Seems someone needs to explain this again,

and I'm in the mood.

================

"ONCE a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine."

"Semper fidelis" ("Always Faithful.")

Does that mean that a Marine spends the rest of

his life being assigned battlefields by the US

government?

Of course NOT.

He follows orders for his TOUR OF DUTY

(or tourS of duty.)

Then he is discharged and returns to

civilian life.

Is he still a Marine?

Yes.

But he's "retired" from "active duty".

He is a VETERAN.

He takes the training and experiences

he learned in the Marines, and

applies some of it to daily life, and

he generally upholds their principles

for much or all of his life.

That's what "ONCE a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine" means.

=====

Now,

people entering the Way Corps were entering for

a period of training,

after which they would choose to accept assignents

for a time, or not accept them.

Their commitment to serving God would remain,

and their training would remain.

They would apply that in their everyday lives.

That's why, for a time, the expression

"corps vet" coexisted with "wow vet."

A wow made a commitment to travel and speak

for ONE year, and then he went home.

He didn't move EVERY year.

Corps entered the program with the intention

and stated goal of learning things they would

apply the rest of their lives.

They never agreed-in writing or any other

way-to lifelong servitude to twi.

However, once they were in for several

months, they were told that was what

they had signed up for.

(Skyrider mentioned that.)

======

In short,

"a lifetime of Christian service"

is one thing.

ANY Christian can make such a commitment

to God, ANYTIME.

"A lifetime commitment to serve twi"

is something else entirely...

I don't doubt that some signed on for a program before taking the time to see what it was about. The statement was that it was not printed on literature It was! that's a fact. If one fails to investigate before leaping into a contract then I suppose that would be the fault of the leepee. While it may be a hard lesson ,it does not disprove the facts. Being a wise consumer is the responsibility of the person.

The Way offered a program to learn Twig Leadership for those who did not want to make a lifetime of service commitment. It was different from the Corps program. I could post the binder cover and the contents ,but then why bother someone would just say it was not really there.

Let me say it again slower.

The brochure you showed said

"A lifetime of

CHRISTIAN SERVICE."

skyrider said they never wrote

"A lifetime of

TWI SERVICE."

You said the brochure saying a lifetime of

"CHRISTIAN SERVICE"

was proof they had printed brochures of a lifetime of

"TWI SERVICE".

They both have the words"

"A lifetime of"

and

"service"

in common.

They differ critically in one word.

The brochures said they serve GOD.

The announcement skyrider got-

which was on NONE of the written and

legally-binding agreements-

was for a "lifetime of TWI service."

See, one says "God", one says "TWI", see?

I pointed out any Christian can make a committment

to serve GOD.

Corps seemed to be trying to learn things from twi with

the intention of serving GOD for a lifetime.

One of them objected, months LATER, to hearing that

he'd signed on to serve "TWI" for a LIFETIME.

Not "serve God while IN twi", "SERVE TWI."

See,

that's a small, but critical difference.

People have been killed over less critical differences.

So,

100 brochures saying

"a lifetime of Christian service"

show a laudable goal to ALL Christians.

"A lifetime of TWI service"

does-and should- raise an eyebrow like a

brochure saying

"A lifetime of Roman Catholic service"

would, or

"A lifetime of CES service" or

"A lifetime of CFF service" would.

The phrase "TWI service" is not

legally the same as "Christian service".

If someone (as you seem to have done)

CONFUSES one for the other,

that STILL does not make them legally the same.

I love you as my brother in Christ,

but those 2 terms are not synonymous.

twi wanted people to THINK they are synonymous,

but twi, as you know, was wrong in many, many, many things.

Edited by WordWolf

Hello, powerfilled and marypoppins.

Since someone brought it up

(and you missed it),

here's a direct link to a thread that the staff felt

was important enough to make into a

"sticky"/"pinned" topic.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=7913

As you may know,

when first encountering internet messageboards,

it is a very good idea to read the "sticky"/"pinned" topics

before ever making your first post.

Those are marked as important enough to read FIRST.

Go to now Oakspear. I haven't derailed in ages. :P

Come on guys, I'm still waiting for an answer to my two questions.

Would someone who has taken Way of Abundance PLEASE come forward and report whether or not Craig taught anything in there on "how to get born again"?

If so, PLEASE quote it?

Make my day, before Happy Ho Ho Relo :D

He taught the same thing as Wierwille. I've already said it. No I can't quote it because I threw out the syllabus.

Thanks WW Your point was not missed. I think those going in the program believed that they were being trained for Christian service in the way. It is reasonable to believe that since you were entering a program run by the way that you would be after being trained by the way work for the way which like working for a company means sometimes you go places that were not maybe your choice of where you would rather live.. I think if you took a poll most would agree that was their understanding that they would be directed at least in part where and how to serve. Then again like a company if you dont like it you can quit, which I suppose is why we are here now.

Note: Corps Vet Shirts as I remember Corps Vets Shirts were for any graduated Way Corps setting them apart as graduates of the program as opposed to those in residence training. Really though it was another chance to sell you some more stuff for your collection of already bought Corps clothes and sweats. I think maybe in 74 that they came out.

Edited by WhiteDove

Note: Corps Vet Shirts as I remember Corps Vets Shirts were for any graduated Way Corps setting them apart as graduates of the program as opposed to those in residence training. Really though it was another chance to sell you some more stuff for your collection of already bought Corps clothes and sweats. I think maybe in 74 that they came out.

WhiteDove,

The Corps Vet shirts were sold in The Way International's Bookstore around 1980 & 1981. The reason why I remember this.......is because I was on staff at hq and bought one. These corps vet shirts were talked about during one of lcm's lunch announcements and he encouraged the corps-staff to purchase them......thus, promoting the corps program.

As I understood it........the corps vet shirt was presented in much the same way as the wow vet shirt. In other words, after the wow year......you continue to learn and grow and apply what you learned on the wow field. So, it was with the corps vet.........you were to continue to learn and grow and apply what you learned in the corps training.

But really......this corps vet shirt didn't stay in twi's bookstore very long. I tend to think that most corps didn't desire to add ANOTHER corps promo-shirt once corps grads on the field were off-and-running in life and careers. And besides, the corps vet shirt was that awful green color..........uuuugh.

:) I will put this on the "Twi's Manipulation by Inference" thread as well.