GreaseSpot Cafe

puzzle..its hard

likeaneagle

I pulled this up on the puter at work for one of *my guys* to do, and he finished it in less than a minute!

He's used to 1,000+ piece jigsaw puzzles, and completes those in one to two days.

Took me about 5 or so minutes (hint -- look for the edges),

and a 1,000 piece puzzle gives me a headache to even think about it! :blink:

The pic I posted of the 3,000 piece puzzle is not electronic. It is *hard copy* -- one big piece of cardboard with a picture painted on it, cut into 3,000 inter-locking pieces.

Larry isn't as fond of electronic puzzles as he is the kind you actually put together on the kitchen table.

He has one puzzle that is around 750 pieces total, and it is a solid black square. No picture, just solid black. He did that one in 2 days.

Likeaeagle -- in case you didn't know it, Larry is one of the residents at the group home I work at. Like I said he has mild mental retardation, is in his late 30's, and has the (overall) mentality of a young child (around 8 years old or so).

But like I also say -- in some areas he is absolutely brilliant.

He's a pretty cool guy! :)

That WAS fun! took me about 5 min, also. David, I LOVE jigsaws--this summer when I went to visit my family, at the campground we all vactaion at, I think we put together all the jigsaws they had at the park!

We'd get one out and 4-5 of us would sit around and have that sucker done in an afternoon! LOL! My oldest son and I put together a lot too.

Sudoko puzzles, I really like, but can't get under 8 minutes on the EASY one! :redface:

(edited cuz i just got the 8 min, 43 second score!)

Edited by Psalm 71 one

I LOVE jigsaws--this summer when I went to visit my family, at the campground we all vacation at, I think we put together all the jigsaws they had at the park!

Sounds like fun! You'd definitely like to have Larry there with ya -- he knows his stuff!

He has over 100 or so of these suckers icon_eek.gif.

Once he came out of his bedroom with a double handful of pieces and put them on the dining room table.

He went back to his room, and then came out with another double handful to put on the dining room table, but he kept it separate from the first.

He came back with a third double handlful, and made a third pile on the dining room table.

I don't know how many pieces were there, but there were a lot, and an hour or so later --- every last piece that he brought out of his room fit together in 3 distinct parts of the puzzle, and even though those 3 parts did not fit together directly, there was not one piece left over -- every last piece he brought out, fit with all the others!

We slid those 3 parts (of the bigger puzzle) onto a flat surface individually, carried them into his room for him, and slid them into the borders that he already had done. All 3 sections he had done separately at the dining room table, fit perfectly into what he had already completed in his room.

Am I bragging on him?? Yup!

Am I impressed? Yup!

He reminds me a lot of that autistic guy in THE RAIN MAN (Dustin Hoffman - I think) who had trouble with most things in life, but could remember numbers like nobody's business.

But maybe you might not like having Larry around when you and family do the jigsaw afternoons. It would be like inviting Bobby Fischer to a family chess match!

:D