GreaseSpot Cafe

kids today and some of their phrases

excathedra

my son is in middle school, 6th grade, and i have to tell you some of the words / phrases they use:

"peace out" - means chill out or calm down [Mom, PEACE OUT]

"peace" - this is goodbye at the end of a (cell) phone call [see you there, peace]

"he needs anger management"

he has ISS (in-school suspension) for a week

there are more, they'll come to me

i love kids so much

thanks for your AWESOME replies (i really do use that word, too much i'm sure).

i like that term "sweet" when something is really fine

did you know that girls in middle school have cat fights or chic fights

i didn't even know girls in middle school had fights. sometimes they even SCHEDULE them for after school

and the other kids "like" bring popcorn and go watch

i didn't even know girls in middle school had fights. sometimes they even SCHEDULE them for after school

Some GS readers do the same for some of the cat fights here.

LG,

I know how cats sound while they're fighting, and its a combination of hissing, 'RO-WW-R', and growling, and yes, it is loud and obnoxious.

My 'meow' here earlier is supposed to be the long 'm-e-EA-o-w' kind of sound, often indicating a upcoming female fight. Kinda like 'Fight! Fight!'

B)

excathedra observes...

This has been going on since the Eisenhower years that I know of. Nothing new and as far as I can remember it's been called "cat fights" and us guys used to love to watch cuz it was inevitable a nipple or panties would get exposed to the world.

Does anyone else remember when in class a girl would be sitting with her skirt unusually high and one guy would drop his metal comb as a signal and all the other guys would in turn drop their combs so they could bend down under the desk to pick it up? That was back when we all used Brylcreem, Wild Root Creme Oil or Fitch Hair oil and combed our hair a lot.

Am I giving away my age again?

Your kids are laughing at you!

By the time you post the word a new one is already in vogue.

PHAT is pretty hot and tempting

Poser is from poseur ...Someone with the brand name clothesand shoes, but doesn't do the sport, etc. Common with skateboarders and extreme sports....

Well, it's all groovy...I mean good....

I just learned today that when someone says "you really put your foot in it" that it's a GOOD thing. :blink: I thought they were saying I put my foot in my mouth (which is not so unusual) but in this case I was pretty sure I hadn't. Glad I was wrong!

Hi, I am Keanu, the son of Jonny Lingo. I'm eighteen

Here are some terms we use:

dude. We say this a lot. Like dude what are you doin?

Late. Instead of later or goodbye.

Badass. equivilant to cool or swell. As in, That's badass! If its a good song or something.

Gay. doesnt mean homosexual. slang for undesirable. like, thats so gay. Kind of like you old guys used to say uncool or square.

What up?

My dad gives me crap alot for saying like. He always says like, "did you have like a good time or did you have a good time?

Well, thats all.

Late, Keanu :wave:

This has been going on since the Eisenhower years that I know of. Nothing new and as far as I can remember it's been called "cat fights" and us guys used to love to watch cuz it was inevitable a nipple or panties would get exposed to the world.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

the honest-to-god truth is i never was involved in, or witnessed, a girl fight when i was in school

and i'm in the same town as my dear boy

maybe it's because i went to catholic school and he's in public :o

My son is 12 and sometimes talks a different language.

Here's one: It's all good, it's all gravy baby! Meaning things are great and smooth.

"Like Butta" -It's smooth or that was a smooth move.

"don't front" - means you're "storekeepin" you are faking/lying putting up a front.

"Step-off" -back off, back down, get away

"aaiight" - alright

tukiteessy - take it easy (if you are a puerto-rican from new york)

Be careful with the "DL" (downlow) phrase for it also is used in the context a married man cheating on his wife-

WITH ANOTHER MAN!!!! Which has been portrayed on LaW & Order

Urbandictionary.com