GreaseSpot Cafe

Vertigo

Dot Matrix

Anyone get this? Dramomine is not helping I am ten days sick--

I found a natural cure that would, well -- make one barf:

home remedy for vertigo treatment

Mix 7 to 8 almonds with 7 to 8 kernels of pumpkin seeds, 1 teaspoon poppy seeds and 3 tablespoon wheat. Soak in water overnight.

Next morning, remove the outer skin of the almonds and grind everything together into a fine paste. Heat separately 2 teaspoon ghee and fry ½ teaspoon cloves. Add the paste to it along with some milk and boil the whole mixture.

Sweeten with sugar and drink every day for a few days for vertigo relief.

I swear it is due to a root canal I had done and yet still feel sensitivity on the tooth two years later, but I have had Vertigo from wild amusement rides and spinning movies such as "Man of Fire."

Anyone know what to do?

Really could be from the root canal, dot. Godd luck having them admit it tho, I had one done and my face fell like a person who had a stroke I drooled and my eye was half shut for days.. it was the root canal , the post tore a nerve or sat on anerve or shifted or some such mess .

I had no pain I just looked like my face was melting.

I had the tooth removed and all the problems went away..

the post could be sitting on your nasal cavity and causing an ear reaction in the drainage making the vertigo.

honestly have it checked with more than X-rays , you know your body best.

J- there were triggers I can put my finger on, like the movie Man of Fire -- and a ride at Knots berry farm in CA.

I cannot watch THE SHIELD as it made me sick with shakey camera work -- like I was "at sea" or something.

This time, I cannot seem to figure it out except the tooth thing as the root canal should not have feeling but it has been sensitive for over 2 years.

Guess I will have it pulled

I had it a couple of months ago. Horrible! The doc prescribed motion sickness pills, which I couldn't take cuz they made me too drowsy and dried up my sinuses terribly. A have a few friends who have also had it recently. One had an inner ear infection... All eventually wore off.

The root canal is a very interesting connection. An infection in your tooth/root could have caused it. Where's Sudo?

I hope you find your sea legs soon! :)

my face fell like a person who had a stroke I drooled and my eye was half shut for days.. it was the root canal , the post tore a nerve or sat on anerve or shifted or some such mess .

I had no pain I just looked like my face was melting.

I had the tooth removed and all the problems went away..

This has all the signs of Bells Palsy doesn't it?

To over-simplify somewhat, there are two versions of vertigo. One spins, the other sort of wobbles. Both result in a loss of balance, but they may have different origins. One drug for it is called antivest.

That's all I know, from reading on it. Hope you find some relief.

Edited by satori001

I do not know if it is this vertigo , I always called it motion sickness.

Im middle age and my enitre life since I was 12 driving the tractor on the farm I have drove.

I can not and I mean can NOT ride as a passenger in a car.

no way, I am so sick and feel like throwing up within less than a 1/2 mile, my head pounds I go blind I shake.

I refuse to do it.

the last time I rode with my sister down to the corner store she had to stop the car as I crawled out of the car and laid face down on the side walk.

honest.

NEVER again I would even risk it. I always drive or do not go.

no no planes either wouldnt even consider it well maybe If I sleep not sure never took the chance.

is that what it is like dot?

oh heck no I wouldnt be able to go on if I felt like that for ten days. mine goes away if I am as still as a mouse for and hour or so with no noise or light or movement. well I cant move actualy I lose the ability I am so weak I cant even pick up my hand if I get it.

my friend wants me to take meds but IM fine as long as I drive with the window wide open yes even in a snow storm so few ride with me Im used to it.

cant live any other way.

I hope you feel better soon.

I'm not asking this as an insult or whatever, but have you seen a doctor about this yet? This can be very serious and possibly could not be related to the root canal at all. I don't wish to scare you, but think you should persue this by a clinically trained person if it's already been 10+ days since the onset.

Please don't mess around with this - you could have something more serious than just pressure from the root canal causing you to feel dizzy.

Hope you are well soon!

Okay, Shell, I try not to see Lyme disease in every sniffle, but yeah, pond, your post made me think of Bell's palsy, too, which is caused by the facial nerve being affected by injury or infection. Lyme disease is one infection that can cause this.

Lyme bacteria can hang out in the teeth and cause big problems. I hear a lot of people have to have teeth pulled (me, too). Other bacteria that get trapped under fillings and root canals can mess you up the same way.

So yeah, Dot, it sounds like that tooth is at the root ( ;) ) of your troubles. But if you have a LOT of weird symptoms in different categories that can't easily be explained, I'd look at Lyme disease. And think about taking antibiotics while you are having that tooth pulled.

Take care, good to "hear" from you,

Shaz

dot dot, i was almost afraid to rent denzel washington movie. then i watched it and it was fine. you poor baby. is the tooth one that can be pulled and you still be okay with your mouth ? if so, do it. then you can go from there. i had one pulled lower right, the last one possible in the mouth all the way in the back, and my dentist told me i wouldn't miss it. and i don't. it stopped a lot more problems. and it's one you can't really bridge or something.

but you have to do something. you can't go on like this.

i love you.

I second Chas exhortation to seek a professional opinion. Yes, it's true that things other than your root canal can be the cause; but as long as you don't get a proper diagnosis and treatment, you're going to remain dizzy. That's no way to live, especially if you have to drive...or use a sharp knife to slice onions for that matter.

Okay, Shell, I try not to see Lyme disease in every sniffle, but yeah, pond, your post made me think of Bell's palsy, too

:wave:

Shaz, I dealt with Bells Palsy three times so I do like you perhaps, and hollar that when there is facial nerve stuff. LOL

Kinda like a bunch of women in the room with the one pregnant one. Bless her heart!

Thanks all

Pond, The vet for whom I work also gets this, and his Dad before him. He thinks he has meinere's disease. He can be fine, and reading a medical book then lift his head too quickly and unable to do surgery. He says it is little stones in the ear and when they get out of line it makes one feel like the room is spinning. There is a weird excercise one can do to get the little stones to float back down but the excercise will make one sick as well.

I do know there are times if I am in a confined area I get a sick feeling and just thought it was claustrophbia. But somedays the nausea and the inability to feel stationary are too much.

I also get/got migranes until someone here told me about Beta Carotene and that REALLY helped.

I called the Doctor and was placed on a med that gets rid of nausea, and the adivert (something like that) and Niacinamide (it helps cholesteral but also helps spinning)

It has made things tolerable not okay but I am able to function. Holding my head still is still the best. But in the shower I closed my eyes when the shampoo dripped in them, and the whole room spun like a professional drunk.

Edited by Dot Matrix

I also have trouble as a passanger in a car, not as bad as you, it is more when I am in the BACK SEAT!

I cannot do trains or boats very well either. Ex wasn't I vomiting when we took the catamarane (do not feel like looking up spelling) to Catalina?

Shel-

My nephew is six he has lime disease.

Meniere's Disease

This covers it pretty well, including a mention that atypical Meniere's mught be Lyme. For you and pond both.

So Dot, hold on a sec, you've got vertigo, migraines... anything else going haywire? Anything not from the neck up?

And a nephew with Lyme (with a Y, named for the town of Lyme, CT, lucky them). Does he live near you? And BTW, is he seeing/consulting someone who knows how to treat this stuff? (You may want to PM me with the answer to that, a little off topic).

I've got mild tinnitus in my left ear, along with some hearing loss. It was worse last year, went way down with treatment for Lyme and coinfections.

Lots more to say, but enough for now -- beddie-bye time!

Shaz

I had ringing in the ear for awhile but when they cleared up a tooth infection on the other side of my mouth it went away.

The nephew is being treated for the Lyme stuff, but I do not know what they are doing for him.

Now, today a client came in and said his Dad has brain cancer and it started with dizzy spells and nausea, the vet looked at me and I him and with both said, "Really....?"

Sorry about your tinnitus it is a horrible thing.

Meniere's Disease

I've got mild tinnitus in my left ear, along with some hearing loss.

My wife has had tinnitus in her right ear. Has had for 15 years. It followed middle/inner ear damage caused when we were flying in a C-141 that lost pressure at altitude...she had a headcold at the time and the pressure differential blew something out because her eustachean (sp?) tube was blocked and she couldn't equalize. She got a hearing aid a couple of years ago and that seemed to help at those times when it is especially bad.

Her balance is easily messed up too. Not equally bad all the time.

Ear damage can be a b*tch. Affects a whole lot of the body's systems.

Thanks for the concern, you guys. Actually, the tinnitus in my case is pretty mild, the sounds are pretty faint. Sometimes, the sound is downright soothing -- sounds like spring peepers! :D Most times, it sounds like cicadas in the distance.

It only "bugs" me in situations where there is already some other background noise (like the lights in the gym or a TV on) and someone tries to talk to me. And some kids' voices are just not on my frequency! :blink:

I go on Friday to see my PCP, and will get a referral to have my ears re-checked, to see if there's been any change from a year ago. But my PCP will be happy to see how far I've recovered since my Lyme relapse: lots better energy, lost the weight I'd gained while sick, joints are improved, etc.

Regards,

Shaz

I have tinnitus in both ears at times but can also hear weird frequencies, like the cycle hum of a television screen from the downstairs, or a montior screen an office away. (It blows my kid's mind when he thinks he's sneaking by turning on the TV and I can hear it with no volume!) Same with florescent lights - I can hear most electronic cycles. (Damn handy when I'm trying to trouble shoot a dying PC fan!)

I've been tested for about everything you can imagine and then some, but with no real diagnosis - I've had it most of my life. When both ears are going one is almost a fouth octave A#, the other is fifth octave D# or C - it can be quite annoying when they're both going - like two soft dogwhistles in my head. Someone once told me that it's probably food or enviroment allergy - and I'm sure they're right. But I've had it for so long now that I seldom think about it... not enough to "do" anything about it (the tests for everything it wasn't was bad enough, thank you!)

Chas

That DOES sound annoying, I swear I hear frequency noises when certain electric things are on. There was a neurologist that got brain cancer and he said I swore it was cell phone use as all those micro whatevers go sailing into the phone - through your head or something.

I dunno, seems like progress has its draw backs.

Mark - Wow your poor wife!

Shaz glad it isn't as bad, but to me any sound like that bugs the crap out of me.

Friend sent this tooth connection:

Craniodontics

Skull / Teeth Connection

Case Report: MV a 44 year-old female dentist

Background

For many years dental research has studied the relationship of posture to the individual's bite. And unfortunately even today most dentists believe that it is currently impossible to make a clinical diagnosis of whether the bite of each person is either normal or abnormal. Traditional dentistry has no standard that is agreed upon to evaluate the patient's bite condition as either normal or abnormal as it relates to posture. This belief system resulted from dentistry's inability to integrate information from the allied health professions namely osteopathic and chiropractic medicine.

The statement regarding dentistry's inability to diagnose whether a patient's bite as either normal or abnormal is now invalid. My clinical research has established a unique occlusal/cranial paradigm which is practical, effective and provides the means to clinically diagnose the bite of each patient and establish if it is normal or abnormal for their cranial design. Each patient must be diagnosed and treated to correct their specific occlusal(teeth) imbalance as it relates to their cranial make-up.

The human species swallows 2 to 3 times per minute during the day and 1 to 2 times/minute during sleep. This translates into 2400 times per day. This simple act of swallowing brings the upper and lower teeth into contact. The upper "jaw", maxillae, represents the anterior 2/3 of the base of the human skull. In essence the occlusion (bite) represents the self-correcting mechanism for balancing and re-balancing the twenty-eight skull bones.It stands to reason that a system that evaluates the direct impact of the teeth on cranial bone alignment would provide an accurate guide to correcting the bite. Such a system now exists.

Craniodontics (relationship between the function of the teeth and skull) provides the answer: Four cranial indicators are used to access the balance or imbalance of the skull bones of each patient. Once skilled in cranial palpation, this evaluation system can be accomplished efficiently and without invasive techniques. Once the baseline position of each of the four indicators has been established the same indicators are then reevaluated with the occlusion (bite) in contact. The effect of the occlusal contact on each of the four indicators is noted. The teeth are then evaluated (one-by-one) to determine which ones are causing the specific cranial distortion(s). This process can be done in one visit when the patient has a full or nearly full complement of teeth. Treatment involves correcting the cranial distortions then removing the occlusal (teeth) interferences (microns of adjusting) which when corrected result in BALANCING EACH OF THE FOUR CRANIAL INDICATORS! The key to this puzzle is the simultaneous correction of the cranial faults and occlusal interferences at the same visit. Each case must be judged on its own merits. Some cases can be resolved in one or two visits. Others take 7 or 10 visits. Some cases require years of treatment and multiple procedures: dental orthopedics (ALF System), orthodontics, reconstruction (partials, full dentures, overlays, bridges, etc.).

Unfortunately few doctors have ever focused in on this connection and resulting treatments have failed to correct the underlying cause(s). Since the brain and spinal cord are wrapped in a membrane system (dural membrane) and attachment extends all the way down to near the tail bone, distortions which occur in the head and neck region translate downward with the potential of causing a compensated spinal curvature (scoliosis), pain and physiologic distortions (Autonomic Nervous System, Central Nervous System, hormones, meridian energy imbalances, etc.).

MV a 44 year-old female dentist presented the following chief complaints:

1. Severe Temporal Headaches - past 10 years

2. Bilateral Tinnitis (ringing) - past 15 years

3. Popping and clicking in both TM joints

4. Bruxism

5. Numbness and tingling on left thumb and arm

6. Fatigue - wakes up tired every morning

7. Dryness of right eye - last 2 to 3 months

8. Severe vertigo (motion sickness)- unable to fly; problems driving

9. Pain in the right leg, thigh, behind knee and buttocks

10. Muffled hearing

11. Neck pain

12. Pain over the right ovary

13. Pain in lower left first molar - past 4 to 5 years: root canal Tx done three times with no change in pain level. Apico (surgical procedure: drill hole in the bone at end of root; cut tip of root and debrib tissue in surrounding area) recommended

Cranial Evaluation:

1. Sphenoid: High on right- roll distortion

2. Mastoid: Left is Anterior and locked- yaw distortion

3. Amplitude: Unilaterally weak on left

4. Sphenobasilar Symphysis: Right sidebend (yaw) torsion (roll) with sphenoid high on right.

5. Flexion/Extension motion: Severe pulling of occiput to right during inhalation (pitch distortion)

Clinical Findings:

Muscle Evaluation

1. Right Internal Pterygoid painful to palpation

2. Right and left External Pterygoids painful to palpation

Physiologic Evaluation

1. Blocked Regulation: Decreased energy flow in ANS due to Hg (mercury)

2. Focus (Interference Field):

1. Staph infection in right side of thyroid

2. Staph & strep infection in root canalled teeth #19 & 27

Psychokinetic Evaluation

1. Anger: liver/gall bladder

2. Bach Flower Essence: Elm

Dental/Cervical/Pelvic Evaluation

1. C-1 Right

2. C-2 Right

3. C-3 Left

4. C-4 Left

5. C-5 Left

6. C-6 Right and left

7. Left pelvic muscles are weak when muscle tested

8. Right sacroiliac weak with biting down

9. 80% rotational distortion to the right- torque in the spine

10. Neuro Occlusal interference on #28 (lower right first bicuspid tooth)

Treatment: First and second visit August 11 & 12, 2000

1. Cranial adjustment

2. Neuro Occlusal adjustment(adjust only the area that is causing the problem; diagnosis made with vibrational medicine technology

3. Biofrequencies (destroys pathogens without injuring surrounding tissues) for infected root canalled tooth & thyroid

4. DMPS subcutaneous injection around thyroid & i.m.

5. Bach Flower Essence - Elm

Progress: Changes occurred within 24 hours of treatment!

1. Vertigo - completely resolved

2. Headaches - completely resolved without any appliance!

3. Root canalled tooth pain- completely resolved!

4. Right leg, knee and buttock pain- completely resolved!

5. Dryness in right eye- completely resolved!

6. Bruxism- completely resolved!

7. Tinnitis- completely resolved!

8. Cervical pain- completely resolved!

9. Fatigue- Improved with DMPS injection on August 29, 2000

This complicated series of chief complaints was being caused by several major factors (cranial distortions, mechanical tooth interference, mercury poisoning, residual infection in an old root canalled tooth, underactive thyroid and emotional issues). Traditional medicine and dentistry have no idea that some of these issues even exist or how they interrelate. Most patients that present with these types of symptom clusters are viewed as crazy.

Case treated by Dr. Gerald H. Smith