GreaseSpot Cafe

american idol

excathedra

Aww, Mandisa left. Normally, she is quite a performer but country just wasn't for her. So appropriate is that song they leave with. "you had a bad day". At least she could have a job with Barry Manilow.

If my votes meant anything, Bucky should've left, not Mandisa. He practically mumbled every word in his song. I didn't understand but about every 5th word. Kenny Rogers told Bucky to enunciate the lyrics but Bucky did not. And Bucky was in his element?!!

The show was not as disappointing as last week. I rather enjoyed the performances of everyone except, Elliott Yamin and Bucky. I could see either of the two leaving before Mandisa. I s'pose good for them that I'm not the deciding factor.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who was that fellow pretending to be kenny rogers

Before a plastic surgeon (a really bad one) got ahold of him, that WAS Kenny Rogers. Now he's got that glossy, permanently suprised look. If they give him any tighter of a face-lift, his belly button will be on his forehead and he'll have two beards! :blink:

BTW, on the results show the following night, Chris Daughtry and Ryan Seacrest talked about how the version of "Walk The Line" he did was originally done by Live, although it was just a couple of sentences, and easy to miss.

Okay - Kelli Pickler is REAL - they just asked her what she misses most back home....she said FRIED OKRA - That's a girl after my own heart!!! I'm tellin' you --- she's not faking - this is exactly how I was when I was her age...only she knows she's naive....I, on the other hand, thought I was too big for my britches. :biglaugh:

I STILL miss fried okra like Mama Nina used to make and have only found ONE PLACE in Orlando that makes it right - "Uncle Jones BBQ - Nuthin' mo betta". When I get homesick that's where I go. :love3:

My prediction for tonight is Ace will be packing his bags...he's nice to look at, but not as hot as Chris and without as much talent. I'd still let him eat crackers in my bed, though. :who_me:

I actually thought the 3 bottom contestants sang better on the results show than they did on the performance show.

Chris really needs to watch his song choices better. He's been blowing through on talent, but all it takes is one bad call one week and he'll be on the "what the hell happened?" bus with Mandisa. He should have picked a hit--he did great on "Under Pressure" in the medley, and he would have owned the whole competition if he'd done a high-energy, more popular Queen song like "One Vision" or "Hammer To Fall" instead. He was very lucky this week.

Katherine McPhee should set her sights on Broadway instead of Hollywood. She'd be a real star on stage, but I doubt her viability as a pop idol.

Elliott Yamin sang "Somebody To Love" like he'd never heard the song before.

Paris has gotten a raw deal. She has been consistently great throughout the competition, yet winds up in the bottom half of the voting more often than not. She should at least go as far as the final 3.

Kellie is as dumb as a bag of hammers, but she can sing. Song choice will ultimately kill her.

Ace? Good grief, why is he still here? Kellie shows that looks and talent can compensate for having a single-digit IQ, but Ace only drew one of those.

Bucky rarely sang anything on-key all the way through, but given the show's popularity in the country-music belt, it's not surprising he made it as far as he did.

Taylor Hicks is the only one who seems genuine in every performance. It doesn't necessarily make him better than the rest, it just makes him consistently entertaining.

My completely unscientific prediciton? Final will go down to Chris and Taylor, with Chris taking home the prize. But I'd go see either one in concert.

I can't figure out Taylor. His singing doesn't really move me.

Kellie Pickler should be out IMHO. I would not term her anything than "average" in her singing abilities.

Elliott is good. I just wish that America would stop putting that boy in the bottom 3. goshdarnitanyhow!!!

Chris is damn good no mattter how you put it.

Simon is right about Ace. He is SOOOO Karaoke! He only stays in because there are so many girls who are hot to see him from week to week. He is hot, but that doesn't make him a good singer. He trashed "We will rock you."

Katherine is good, but I think whoever said she is a broadway singer is right.

Paris is good also, but how many girls does America have that are already like her? I think Mandisa was far above Paris' abilities. Mandisa just did horribly on the country night. Too bad.

All in all, it doesn't matter. Those who have real talent can be approached by a record label whether they are THE American Idol or not.

Edited by Wayfer Not

Kellie Pickler should immediately hit the Nashville circuit and give up Idol. She is wasting her time there. She could very well be the next great female country star. I don't think she is dumb, but I do think she is incredibly naive. She needs a caring manager to make sure someone does not take advantage of her. She is young.

I thought Ace had his best performance when he did "We will Rock You". I always thought he was a bad singer, though, so a best performance by a bad singer is not saying much I suppose.

Chris has got to soft pedal the hard rock. He can do anything but I expect, and my prediction from here with the top 7 is that Chris has the lead. I also put Taylor second, McPhee third. Pickler fourth, Paris fifth, Yamin sixth and Ace seventh.

So I just gave the bottom three this coming week...Ace, Yamin, and Paris. Ace should most likely go but girls keeping saying how cute he is at work and Elliott gets a raw deal. Elliott may go this coming week. I will wait to see. I real screw up or bad review of the judges could turn things around.

Eagle

Tonight was cool. I like all the performances, thought McFee (sp?) sounded great.

Elliot is really a talent. He's gotten more comfortable on camera, seems. But his voice has such a good sound.

I like Ace, although for my taste, the hair thing - ??? but I do think he's got a good thing going, hope he does more after the show's over.

This is the first season I really like all the finalists and enjoy hearing them all every week. I wish they had more time to sing more songs and spread out a little. The theme shows are okay but they limit them. Not every singer is going to be able to perform well in every genre, and most of the performers in the Billboard Top 100 aren't out doing country one week and standards the next, they're doing theyre thing. It does add a little variety to the season, but a little bit goes a loooong way for me.

I believe Elliot is deaf or almost deaf in one ear. wouldn't that affect your singing? i really like elliot. first i wanted chris to win. now i want elliot to win. i don't think he will because he doesn't have the idol look. katherine was great.

they're such talented people. that's true socks about not singing all styles of music.

i never watched this show before this year. i'm into it. i loved when they showed their families and all. made me cry :) elliot too !!!

Bottom three - Chris!, Paris!, and Ace.

The bottom two were Chris and Ace!

Chris escaped, Ace did not.

Ace is gone. I wish him the best. I like them all this year.

I've decided to root for Elliott. Despite his look, he is a real class act.