GreaseSpot Cafe

american idol

excathedra

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paris goes, then Taylor, Elliot next. The last two thats difficult . :thinking: I like them both........Chris ROCKS and Kat is mesmerizing, Just a beauty with talent to boot. Like someone said they will have that opportunity to all have record deals.The sky is the limit.They all have a fan base. Now the question here is HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY VOTE!!!!!! :nono5:

Chris is my favorite and I think he'll win.

IMHO Elliot should be 2nd (what a voice).

Although I love Taylor and enjoy his style and voice, I think his longsuit is as an entertainer. (I can't believe I just said LONGSUIT).

Katherine should be Broadway bound...didn't someone here already say that? She reminds me of Catherine Zeta Jones.

Bye, Bye, Paris. Are we good, or what? :dance:

Apparently the band Fuel has already approached Chris about being their lead singer.

I think next to go will be Kat or Elliott. :( It's so hard to see any of them go now that it's getting down to the nitty gritty.

And, yes, I do vote! :biglaugh: Cingular Text Messaging, Baby - it always goes through. "Resend" is my friend. I vote for both Chris and Taylor. :love3:

Paris, at her age she's bound to do well now. What a VOice.

I see a 4-Way. Sort of a Ruben/Clay thing. At this point they're all offering something unique.

Elliot though. When he hugged Paris it seemed so sincere. He's got a face that's photogenic in pose, frozen. The shot of them hugging is a keeper.

Taylor sounds like a lot of people but seems to carve out his own sound a little more each week. What I do like about all of them is that their voices have a "sound". Singers we really like have that, like a Ray Charles. Stevie Wonder. They can sing the phone book and it sounds like something. B.B. King coughs and it sounds cool. They've all got some of that this year where in the past it wasn't always very distincitve to my ear.

Dunno. They're all pret' good. :)

Yah on the Leno/Clooney look. :)

I know excie. TV, it's hard to see what's shown sometimes, really, you never know if what you're seeing is really there. But Elliot seems like he's really there. I like that.

I always thought Taylor looked like a cross between George Clooney and Jay Leno. Last night when hubby saw him, he said "He looks like Jay Leno."

Anybody else see this?

Sorta - he's got the salt and pepper thing going on with his hair and has a big chin, sorta like Leno.... Personally, I think the salt and pepper thing is kind of sexy - I like mature men :redface2: (I should say, mature LOOKING men - they never act their age!)

that was a GREAT ohmygosh elliott was amazing!!!!!!

but i think he will be gone tonight i'm so very sorry to say

i think kat should be gone but she'll last a tad longer

i do NOT wish for taylor to win (no offense, belle) but i think it might happen

we'll know in about 20 minutes who goes tonight

Chris is gone from A I but will go a long way.

Kat, Elliot and Taylor remain ... All are quite talented and worthy to carry the AI torch.

I think Kat probably has the most raw talent and "star quality".

Talyor is goofy, but has a lot of stage presence.

Elliot? He is a danged good singer ... Can sing it all.

Its a toss up for me.

My prediction? Unfortunately, Elliot leaves next.

Chris being gone shows that anything can happen. He was the favored one from the beginning...and yet he didn't make it to #2.

I think Kat's gonna go next week. But I've been soooooooooo wrong about this season it's not even funny!

Ummmm....what the heck does race or sexuality have to do with any of this...??????

OMG - OMFG!!! Total shock!! WTF OVER???

I've been sooooo wrong, too, Darlene. I thought Kat should have been gone weeks ago. But I liked Kellie Pickler, too, so what do I know? :blink: If it's anything - it's that votes do count and I'm gonna make sure mine get in from now on!

normal_02.jpg

I'm suprised that Chris is gone, but when you think about the demographics of the viewers and the music-styles of the performers (not to mention their potential audiences), then it makes sence.

Chris appealed to those who like bands like Fuel, God Smack, Goo Goo Dolls, RHCP, etc. - harder, more edgy stuff. He probably got the 30+ audience of old rockers, those who were into grunge, etc., but not much more. The rest of that audience is now mostly Taylor's and Elliott's. Taylor will be next, I think, because he doesn't appeal to teeny boppers, for the most part. He has a diverse following, but won't be embrased like Kat. I think you'll end up with Kat in first, then Elliott. Just my take on things...

But - I do think you'll see a lot more of Chris, and very soon - he already has a record deal http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12729017/

Edited by ChasUFarley

Last time I ever make a blanket prediction!

It was a shocker-as much for Kat as for Chris. I honestly think for raw talent and vocal ability, Chris has much more than the rest of the field. Kat forgetting her lyrics at this stage of the competition I thought was the ticket home.

It'll be interesting. I'm glad Taylor has lost that bizarre shoulder shake: in the beginning, it made him noticed, but then just became annoying (IMO). He has grown professional, and has shown he can hold his own.

Anybody think that the judges comments tend to "steer" the voting? 'Course, it didn't work as far as Kat was concerned, but they were being hard on Chris-and he's gone.