GreaseSpot Cafe

american idol

excathedra

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

WN.. Eliott seems to be so humble. Have you seen him cry? Especially when it comes to his mom or when someone leaves. He always smiling too. He looks like he's a real nice person . My husband has said from the beginning that he would be in the top two, and also keeps reminding of that :) We've had fun watching this together :rolleyes:

Oh man, if a guy can cry, ya just gotta vote for him! :) But I do get a kick out of that sentiment, for I have seen over and again how a woman will let out a heartfelt "aww" when she notes a tear in a man's eyes....

But, Sunnyfla, I have not actually seen any of this season's Idol. And so now it's down to three? So tell me, when is the next one? I know I'm a little late, but, it seems as if I never get around to finding out when it is on up here in Alaska, for, when it is nine pm. in Florida for instance, it is five p.m. here. It may be on delayed time, but, I just never seem to figure these things out. I guess the thing to do would be to find some local American Idol fan and get the low down. Last time I watched it was when some lonhg hared skilly white dude was beaten by some black chich with a weird name like Fantasia or something. I thought they were both really good. And I guess to be in the top two, ya gotta be really good.

And now that I think of it, maybe it was Carrie Underwood beating some long haired skinny white dude. I guess I did see the one when she won. I remember watching that one specifically because she was from Checotah, Oklahoma, where one of our Greasespot posters, Fellowshipper55 is from.

Anyway, what night is the next one?

i really enjoyed it tonight

elliott is awesome but i don't think he'll be the idol. i hope this changes his life though in music and everything he wants

i liked taylor a lot tonight (more than i did in the past)

kat "over the rainbow" wow she might be the next idol

i've enjoyed this show so much and getting to feel like i know these people

they're all so sweet

the judges crack me up

holy cripes clive davis's career. janis joplin until now ? i had no idea

Elliott :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

I'm glad they showed the percentages, because at this point, the cut is bound to be thin and it was. It was very much a 3-way split to my ears and eyes, each have something to offer that's unique. EY certainly carries hmself well. He lifted the show out of it's natural gloss and gave it a rub of humanity this year. A lot of the finalists had that it seemed, come to think of it. It seemed to have more stick to it this year.

It's a little anti-climactic for me now, this was the vote I was most interested in, to see if Elliott would move on to the final week. I definitely like Taylor and Katherine though too, and the final week will be fun to watch.

Hopefully that's the last time I hear the "Bad Day" song now. I hoped they wouldn't play it tonight over the end run. At this point the 3rd placer hardly had a bad day - it's just kind of a lame statement given the excitement and emotion of the event. Nice song, once was enough though.

Edited by socks

who is elliott ?!?! ET's friend isn't he?

anyway i LOVED last night's show and i am glad too, socks, that they showed the percentage of votes

elliott is really something. a cashier in a pharmacy in virginia and with all the physical struggles he has overcome! i closed my eyes when he sang last night and i could hear him on the radio, cd.....

he is such a downhome real person (not that others aren't) but he grabbed my heart. and so did his mom.

i wanted chris and elliott to be the final two

Isn't it over yet?

Because of that stupid show, I am family-less for a total of three nights a week (Sunday -- Desparate Housewives, Gray's Anatomy), Tuesday & Wednesday (this waste of radio frequency radiation).

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be done....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE cancel the series. I'd like my family back again!!!

(btw, I've never watched it nor ever will watch it)

But Mark-you're missing out on the suspense! :biglaugh:

Was not really impressed with Kat last night-I swear she looked like she was holding back on those last two songs. Taylor brought it. I think Simon is right-and I love the dig he got for not wanting to bring Taylor into the competion in the first place. Still wish Chris was in it, though.

Carrie Underwood won an AMA last night-anybody notice? Won for "Jesus at the Wheel". Good girl.

Pity, Mark. :(

I used to do things with my ex and get excited WITH him on things that I couldn't care less about just so I could spend time with him. But, that's just me.

I go to chick flicks with her...

I am fascinated with gardening...

I built her sewing/craft room...

I regularly shampoo the carpets and am interested and driven to get the dust at the edges...

I look at her "projects" with admiration and effluent praise...

But there is a limit to everything!!! :evildenk::evildenk:

American Idol is family time for us. Homework is done by show time, the phone is charged. We have some type of treat ready. Afterwards we take turns calling for our favorites, which can take time with five people.

Last night I voted for Taylor. He is so entertaining.

But I think Kat is very talented, and will have a career from this, probably competing with Mariah Carey. She's photogenic, too, which is a big plus for the videos.

I didn't like her last dress, though.

TAYLOR IS THE MAN!!

I think he's cute, but I just didn't see the talent. I kept seeing his little hunch and weird dances.

The golden idol which went to the guy who wanted to look like Clay Aiken was hilarious. When he realized Clay was behind him and put his hand over his mouth, I had to rewind and play it again a couple of times....... That guy was entertaining with his body movements. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Last night was magic!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have goosebumps.

The very most beautiful thing about American Idol is that even those who are 'nobodies' and have 'no talent' are winners in the end.

This year was more special than all the years before...because the contestants bonded like never before...because this year was more about the opportunity to make a dream come true than about winning...it was a good, clean competition...and nobody lost.

Taylor took the title...but he recognizes all of the other contestants as co-winners.

Now that's class.

In this world of bad news, sadness, loss, sorrow, shame and all sorts of horror, American Idol comes through with hope, laughter, kindness, honor, and absolutely no losers.

It's a nice balance!

The proof of that pudding is that over 63 million votes were cast Tuesday night...which is more votes than have ever been cast in any single US presidential election.

The best thing about last night was when His Royal Purpleness made an appearance! It was great that they got Prince to perform - WOW! I really like him a lot now that he's cleaned up his act - he got too raunchy after Sign of The Times album came out and I sorta tuned out. But he's back - I love his songwriting and instrument playing - he plays about every instrument and is very talented - highly underrated guitarist.

Anyhow, I didn't care that Taylor won, or Kat came in 2nd - she was disappointed. If Chris had been in the top two, I certainly would have been more interested. I bet he'll get some great album sales when his first recording is released - it's just got "it".

Sorry Pirate, but you had to watch the whole season to "get it". Unfortunately for Taylor, last night was about "what Idol wanted". He had to sing a lot of cruddy songs, that were not his style or pick. I don't think it did his talent any justice.

He is very entertaining and real, is in a band and has unconventional style.

on another note..............................

Toni Braxton was A W L F U L !!!!!! Was she singing? Or just saying "whoooo"? Most of the stars were bad ...................what a disappointment. :yawn1:

My wife and I watched it last night for the first time this season. And, we thought that the dude who won was a "dud". But, I told my wife that there was undoubtedly alot of stuff from the previous episodes that we missed and that most likely his style, the one he's best at and likes, is way different than the songs they made him sing last night. And, we enjoyed the show.

And, were a lot of the "guest singers" previous contestants? Not including Prince of course. There was a medley of songs sung by a bunch of black chicks and a couple of whites chicks too, that had a theme about women which was really good. There was a rather large black gal who had an Amazing voice. Were those gals previous contestants? That was cool.

And what was the deal on that goofy guy singing that Elton John song who did so terribly, but then some other dude came on and "helped" him finish the song which seemed to bring the goofy guy great joy. That was actually pretty nice to watch, seeing the goofy guy get all happy over it...

There was a rather large black gal who had an Amazing voice.

That was Mandisa and, yes, she was a former contestant. I was crushed when she got voted off. :(

I did, however, call Taylor's win from the get-go. :biglaugh: Should I buy a lottery ticket this week-end?

Awesome show!! I missed part of it and wish I had thought to tape it, but, alas, I enjoyed the last 30 minutes of it.