GreaseSpot Cafe

Success of the Offshoots?

Rejoice

Actually, the phrase I remember coming up over and over again was, "Now I know this doesn't agree with what I've taught on this subject before..."

One other area of disagreement is whether was acting in error when he tried to sacrifice Isaac. Geer does not think Abraham misunderstood God at all, whereas Wierwille thought Abraham misunderstood the command. I'm not sure either way.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other area of disagreement is whether (Abe) was acting in error when he tried to sacrifice Isaac. Geer does not think Abraham misunderstood God at all, whereas Wierwille thought Abraham misunderstood the command. I'm not sure either way.
jews are also in disagreement on this... geer would prefer people be willing to sacrifice their kids I spose (a greater commitment level than vp's saying god wouldn't ask that, VP just asked for daughters as concubines) ...

I feel bad for the ram ... all it did was get caught in some thickets for crying out loud ...

The Geerites I know won't speak to me, because I don't believe VP was the MOG, or PFAL is error free.

Sigh.......

That's truly sad...because that's their loss, ex10.

I find this odd as Chris has taught numerous tapes that have changed what is in PFAL on subjects such as In Christ, Bible Kinds of Faith/Believing,Kingdom of God/Kingdom of Heaven, holy spirit usages and so on.... That makes no sence that it is error free if there are changes.

WhiteDove, perhaps the problem has more to do with an inculcated "us vs. them" mentality than disagreements over minor issues of doctrine.

Anyway, ex10, maybe someday they'll "get right with Jesus" and lose the pig-headedness (not talking about you, Psalmie! :biglaugh: ).

jews are also in disagreement on this... geer would prefer people be willing to sacrifice their kids I spose (a greater commitment level than vp's saying god wouldn't ask that, VP just asked for daughters as concubines) ...

I feel bad for the ram ... all it did was get caught in some thickets for crying out loud ...

And while some of the Jews are in disagreement about this --

I have heard several Jewish groups teaching that

the Ram *caught in a thicket*, was a type of Christ,

the *thicket* symbolizing the crown of thorns that He wore.

WhiteDove, perhaps the problem has more to do with an inculcated "us vs. them" mentality than disagreements over minor issues of doctrine.

Kevlar I don't know if that is how I would describe it but they could be a little more friendly, But from my experience I don't know any that think PFAL was error free nor do I remember Chris ever saying that.

That's an interesting analogy David ( about the ram caught in the thicket ). I think there are a number of correlating incidences about any one particular subject throughout Gods' Word.

The blood on the door posts in Egypt, passover lamb etc.. all pointing to the Messiah. Makes one wonder how the Jews 'missed' him ? Mind you...plenty 'miss' him after the fact too.