GreaseSpot Cafe

A Non-manipulated Foundational Class

skyrider

Regarding those excellors "sessions": ...why would you need to build fluency?

Well, there was a certain person we know who could've stood to build his fluency beyond the "Lo shanta malakasita" bit. Not mentioning any names, but his initials are VPW. ;)

Sometimes when asked to SIT with a specific letter I'd open my mouth and not say anything...get an innocent look on my face a nd say "I guess my tongue doesn't have that sound".

You are such a troublemaker! :biglaugh:

Sometimes when asked to SIT with a specific letter I'd open my mouth and not say anything...get an innocent look on my face a nd say "I guess my tongue doesn't have that sound".

You are such a troublemaker!

Well, yeah, I am! :biglaugh: But it's still a valid point. Anyone who speaks more than one language, or even has a passing familiarity with language knows that there are sounds in other languages that do not occur in English (the pops & clicks in the African language of Xhosa! come to mind, as does the hard, guttural "ch" of Hebrew and some germanic languages), and that some sounds in English do not occur in some other languages, I believe it's the "L" sound that is not part of Japanese.

it was all a MONEY thing

Cheer up Cool.

Look at it this way, the more you took the class, the cheaper it was.

$100 X 10 = $10.00 per class.

$100 x 15 = $6.66 per class.

$100 X 20 = $5.00 per class.

$100 X 25 = $4.00 per class.

045.gif

Edited by oldiesman

Skyrider, I get where you're coming from and agree with you.

I first took PFAL in 1973 at a one-week summer camp off of Long Island.

There you couldn't just get up and leave unless you had a boat. :)

But I loved it, and was expecting every part of it.

I spoke in tongues a few weeks before the class, so for me, it wasn't an ambush at all, it was exhilerating.

But I get what you're saying.

Dr. Wierwille himself dropped in on the very last segment, after we spoke in tongues, and there was this guy who was having a problem. Dr. led him into speaking in tongues right there. And I hope it was genuine, and the guy wasn't just faking it.

BTW, one of my pet peeves about running PFAL classes was having to "set a date", then having to later cancel, because not enough people signed up. I wrote to hq about that.

Yeah I get this. PFAL was way too marketed when it didn't have to be .... heck perhaps folks didn't even have to take it at all if you had a wonderful fellowship like I had.

Oldies.......in 1974, I was in a wonderful fellowship, too.

Really, I would have enjoyed having them teach me the basic foundational truths and the holy spirit field..... without the wierwille adulation and pfal hype.

Oh well.......now, I can spot those manipulation techniques a mile away. And, perhaps the good and bad lessons of yesteryears will save me a bundle of cash and headaches in the future.

:biglaugh::biglaugh: