GreaseSpot Cafe

GGGW-For the Ladies

CoolWaters

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, ladies...I think I've got some great information together!

I've been speaking with Cari at Winslow's City Market Barbeque. What a great source person!!!!

Anyway, Cari suggested that folks stay at the Radisson-City Center. I have to agree! I looked at both Expedia's and at Radisson's web sites for rate/amenities/suites information. First, Expedia's rates are about $50/night cheaper than the rates on Radisson. I don't know what that means. Second, even at Radisson's full rates (up to $165/night for the 1 bedroom suite), divided by 4 ($41.25/night/person) is quite affordable.

All the rooms I looked at for you all have Sleep Number beds. Woo hoo! And the ones I think you all will like the best are the 1 bedroom suites with a 'wall of glass' view of the whole city, king size Sleep Number bed (quality linens, down pillows and finished with a premium down-filled comforter nestled in an ultra-soft duvet cover) and a sofa bed, high speed internet (so we can post/chat here at GSC about all our wild fun...hehe), fridge, microwave, parlor (so me and bowtwi can come hang out with y'all), coffee maker, blow dryer, 2 27" TV's, and full compliment of cable TV including HBO and ESPN. The hotel includes a restaurant, pool, fitness center and gift shop.

Best of all, Radisson City Center is centrally located to everything anybody visiting for a weekend in KC would want to do. IMO. :D

Cari also let me know about the MAX shuttle bus that runs basically right through all the kewl destinations in downtown KCMO...and is not more than a block away from the Radisson City Center. The information about MAX on the website is old, but Cari said the fare is still $1.25/trip. She also said that now the MAX has day passes for about $6 that will let folks use the MAX all day on the same pass.

And Cari told me about July's activities at Winslow's. On Saturday (July 15) there are local bands throughout the day beginning at about Noon and a specific band from about 7pm-to about Midnight. On Sunday (July 16) beginning at about Noon is the Blues Jam with local bands.

One last thing about Winslow's that Cari told me...

They have a full service bar and Cari said she'd make sure us GGGW (yep...I told her all about us...hehehe) will be able to get whatever we want from the bar...and have a great time! :D

There's other stuff brewing in the background that, if they pan out, you all are gonna have one helluvatime in KC!!!!! :D :D :D Heck, even if all we do is hang out in the hotel room and by the pool, we're gonna have one helluvatime!!!! :D :D :D

This is exciting!

Oh...White Dove...what an idea! Just like in college...the guys getting together because the girls are getting together...then the guys doing panty raids and stuff to bug the girls...but the girls loving it. Hehehehe. Thanks for the tip about the carriage rides...and the limo option! What fun to ride around the Plaza in a limo getting wasted and nekkid (OK...maybe just mooning folks or flashing boobies...oh! I've gotta get some GGGW beads to hand out!) and hanging out the sun roof....I can just see it now!!!!

Jim...I'll take the DVD orders...hehehe. :spy:

David...you send COPS and you'd better HIDE for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!! Hehehe.

Radison Center City sounds great! Do they have any 2 bedroom suites in case lots more ladies are interested in joining us? I'll be glad to make the tentative reservations when y'all are ready. May not be able to make any changes if use Expedia, so we'll have to have definite committments to book through it. Sounds like it's going to be a blast.

CoolWaters, let me know what you need me to do.

The stew would be hard to bring on the plane, though I'm sure Sudo would make some. Also, think it's better camp food than city food. Let me know what y'all want me to do on this matter.

Looking forward to going wild (not totally bezerk, though) with all you ladies. If the lads are planning something, put Sudo in the loop, please.

See you in July!

Suda

Cool , Don't forget Casconie's Grill for breakfast!!!!In front of Winslow's

The music at Winslows is great, You know, Steve Sann former (northwest region leader) used to play Blues there some when he had a loft at the market. He is back at the ranch in Montana now but he is in and out of KC to visit the kids.

Now Oakspear your about 3- 3 1/2hrs. away arn't you if you cut over down 29?

Hmmmmm...........

Edited by WhiteDove

Sounds like it's gonna be a fun time!! I wish I could be there. But, since I am going to be gone for 3 weeks in May, it is doubtful.

Coincidentally, my cousin from KC is going to be visiting me here, that same week-end. So I'm pretty sure, it won't work for me. :(

This afternoon I reserved a 2 bedroom suite at the Radisson - Center City. Can sleep 6 comfortably, and we can make room for more. As we get more input, I can change the room size if needed. As they only have a few, thought I'd better grab one while available.

2 bedrooms with king sized sleep number beds, pull out sofa, 2 baths, dining/living room, 3 tvs, microwave, refrigerator.

Got one on a higher floor the capitalize on the view.

What do you think?

Bowtwi and CoolWaters - you are planning to stay with us, aren't you? It will be so sweet being suite mates with you two. Don't disappoint us by trying to drive back home at night after partying with us. We wouldn't want to have to give dmiller your home addresses to pass on to his friend in blue and have him come arrest you for being a party pooper. Not a good example of a GGGW!

Edited by sudossuda

{{{{{Suda}}}}}!!!! You're being such a great organizer!!!! TYVM!!!!

OK, I plan to stay in the suite with everybody....it just wouldn't be a GGGW if I went home to hubby, now would it? LOL

So do we need a head count yet? I don't know how these reservations thingies work...so let us know, OK?

The 2 bedroom suite is actually a one bedroom suite adjoining to a one bedroom room. So if not as many people can come, we can drop the extra bedroom, and just keep the suite. If more come on board, we can add more rooms, maybe with double beds, to keep the cost down. And everyone just hang out in the suite.

I'll post more on the cost information tomorrow. Don't have it with me right now.

Just a suggestion (from many years in the hotel business)... why don't you ladies come up with a number of how many are going to be there and then call the sales office at the hotel and get a "group rate"?

Any further discount is better than no discount and they might even do it for as few as 2 or 3 rooms... couldn't hurt to try... just tell them you a small group...

I'm relieved to know that the reservations can be modified. I was worried that we'd be stuck with too much room and not enough people. Whew!

Just FYI...

I would have no problem not staying in the suite if it means getting another room just for me. Like if 5 of us plan to be there, then I say go with the 1 bedroom suite and don't worry about me. It would actually be better for me to stay in my own home at night...due to some health stuff and all.

Another thing...

Is the pool a year-round thing? I saw on the website that it said, 'indoor heated pool--seasonal'. What does that mean? (I'm a worrier. The other night I freaked out at 3am that I had misunderstood the price of the room. Was it per person or per night? So I got up and got on the 'net and checked it out! LOL)

White Dove...you still planning a guys thing in your neck of the woods...? If so, make sure y'all have your wigs, purses, dresses/skirts and high heels. The pics won't look right if you all are in nail polish and makeup without the coordinating ensembles. :wink2:

Actually I was planning to crash your party. I was hoping that pesky pig Psalmie would be up for some food fight fun and we could trash your room like rock stars. :dance: After all, You all are footing the bill....... :blink: :) :wave:

Oh and if you need more people I can dig a few up for ya from under the 1st street bridge. Of course you would be blessed to cover their expences won't you?

Edited by WhiteDove

ROFLMAO Dove...I can just SEE the headlines now...*mysterious thief makes off with all of the carriage horses in the kc area* ....apb is issued to be on the look out for a suspicious stranger trying to drive a mixed herd of horses in a southernly direction....

Ooops - I was supposed to get back with on the cost of the suite. Here's what I have

Cost of 2 bedroom suite (very comfortable for 6, could easily add in more) Cost including 14.85% tax is $199.51 per night, or $399.01 for two nights. Divided 6 ways, it is $66.50 each for a 2 night stay.

Cost of 1 bedroom suite (very comfortable for 4, could easily add in more) Cost including 14.85% tax is $143.50 per night, or $287.01 for two nights. Divided 4 ways, it is $71.75 each for a 2 night stay.

So, the more the merrier, and the cheaper per person!

Men in G-strings?

That sounds disgusting. But some G-stringed women would be tolerated. Accepted. Drooled upon. Worshipped. Whatever. But almost naked guys??? That's not American.

Somebody go out and wave an American flag quick.

Eagle

P.S.

And another thing. Men are sick and tired of being used as sex objects. It makes us feel cheap.

Sigh. We're having fun already, aren't we? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

OK, so now we've added PFD...but she's not going to stay in the suite...unless she shouldn't drive for some reason...hehehe.

Those of you who are planning to fly in please let me know your ETAs so that transportation to the hotel can be arranged, OK? TYVM!

Also, there was talk of renting a vehicle. Let's keep each other informed so this doesn't end up happening at the airport...or we'll just have to don our robes and, since Belle is wearing bells, do a little dance, make a little noise, get down tonight...hehehe...I'll be you all thought I was gonna actually put in the right lyrics...hehehehe...then White Dove would just have to inform a certain 'hate church' of GGGW. :nono5: (Hint...they lyrics are from a song by K C and the Sunshine Band. Get it? LOL)