GreaseSpot Cafe

GGGW-For the Ladies

CoolWaters

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching ticket prices. Hoping SW will release some special pricing soon. Right now the uber cheap tickets are only good through June.

There are some great prices on Air Dove Flights ,but since I'm not invited the heck with you all...... :biglaugh:

Edited by WhiteDove

• 5 weeks later...

Well I can finally breathe a bit easier about it all and say YIPEE!!!!!!!

BTW...

White Dove is now officially invited and doesn't have to come in drag.

I know, I know, I know...

This was for the Girls...

But White Dove just delivered me of some deep stuff...and this was his requested payment.

What is a girl to do?

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds like sooooo much fun!! I said I was going to try to get there but I don't see that happening at this point!!

I am getting so spoiled with this free flying stuff that I cant bring myself to actually BUY a ticket! The flights are incredibly full....its hard to travel 'non-rev' this summer!!

We were supposed to go to Chatanooga Tues/Wed....could not get there...changed plans at the last minute..ended up in Virginia Beach ( :dance::dance: )....but got STUCK there. After an expensive cab ride to the NewPort News airport we got the last seats on a very small plane!!

Husband has a problem w/small planes...it took THREE Jack Daniels to help him out!!

So..unless that flight in really WIDE open (which its not at the moment)....MY thoughts will be with ya!!!

Janet

Last night Coolwaters, The Princess and I went to The Savoy Grill in downtown Kansas City, MO. It is a wonderful restaurant, rich with history. President Truman ate there a lot. They even have on display a job application he filled out for a job he got at a bank. It's hysterical! They asked him if he had any habits that would cause him to live beyond his means and if it was his habit to live within his means! This was the turn of the century, around 1903.

They have a great picture and story of Houdini too.

And the food - oh man, it was probably the best filet mignon I've ever eaten and the chocolate mousse, well, as the princess answered Coolwaters when she asked if her description of it being "pudding made by angels" was accurate, she rolled her eyes to show how dreamy it really was, and said, "It's heavenlier!" She was right.

These pictures are the princess and coolwaters as she told the story The House That Jack Built in a very animated manner and then the princess and me. (Edited to correct the who's who in which shot.)

Maybe we'll just go there for lunch or for dessert and coffee, but we absolutely ought to go there for SOMETHING! The history in the building alone is worth it! They have this stained glass from 1900!!! It is so beautiful! My camera batteries died after 3 pics or I'd have a whole bunch of the building too.

post-305-1152194547_thumb.jpg

post-305-1152194594_thumb.jpg

Edited by bowtwi

We certainly did have a TERRIFIC time, toppie!

Exquisite food, exquisite company, exquisite memories.

Who could ask for anything better?

I was looking forward to GGGW...but with some brooding nervousness about it all. Now I am completely at ease that GGGW is going to be a rip-roaring good time that we're going to be talking about and cherishing until next year's GGGW.

:biglaugh: