GreaseSpot Cafe

DHS spokesman arrested in child sex sting

Shellon

????? :blink:

Didn't they do any kind of background check on this guy? ... And they are the same government dept. that is in charge of the nation's security against terrorists?

((shaking my head))

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All quotes taken directly from the above-referenced article:

The complaint was dropped after Doyle's colleagues signed a petition of support, the sources said.

Doyle received a formal warning and was required to undergo mental health counseling before returning to work, the sources said.

How about that!!! Not only has this perp been supported by colleagues, he has also undergone mental health counseling.

Kinda shoots a hole in the theory that if society wasn't so mean and hostile towards them, then "even (potential) rapists and pedophiles can 'lead themselves not into temptation but deliver themselves from evil.'"

Doyle left Time in 2001 and went to the Transportation Security Administration before becoming deputy press secretary at the Department of Homeland Security.

Well I do declare! This ol' boy just couldn't catch a break from society, could he? Poor thang.

Rep. Peter King, R-New York, said Doyle had access to sensitive information and could have left himself open to being blackmailed by terrorists, foreign governments or organized crime.
Oh, yeah, this poor thang was exposing himself to so much danger. Poor thang.
Homeland Security's failure to uncover the Time incident shows "serious deficiencies in the background clearance process at the Department of Homeland Security," King said.

Oh, no, not at all! No 'failure' of anything here. What was there to 'uncover'? No 'crime' was committed. The ol' boy just had a healthy sexuality. Poor thang.

Doyle has been "very, very depressed" after the deaths of his parents and two siblings, said his attorney Barry Hefland, who added that wants Doyle to undergo a psychiatric examination.
That's it! This ol' boy just needs to get some stuff off his chest...relieve some tension...you know...maybe get some decent sexual activity even...as all good ol' boys know and understand. Poor thang.
Doyle told the detective his name, his job and his phone numbers, including the one for his government-issued cell phone.

Of course he did. Doncha see it was a cry for help? He must have known that was a detective on the other side of his monitor. Poor thang.

I realize these new facts seem to ridicule the point being made here by at least two people and I'm not ignorant enough to try and defend this man or his aids in NOT handling this the first time. I won't offer excuses because I feel rather strongly about this whole thing. If found to be guilty then what follows and I don't care give my opinion on except to say if they are released after such time deemed appropriate then there would be guidelines and one would include it IS NOT a 3 strike concept. You mess up you pay dearly! And most important for preventive you are not allowed to have ANY employment that gains you access to children PERIOD! If found employed in such a manner even if you have been a perfect citizen you go direct to jail do not pass go do not collect $200!

This man changes nothing in respect of helping someone with a need before it becomes someone else's nightmare. WAIT I change my mind. He may be perfect for the example, if in fact it was known he had a problem and no one stopped him.

I realize these new facts seem to ridicule the point being made here by at least two people

I have evidently come across as belittling and/or ridiculing.

My last post before this one was meant to scoff at how perpetrators are too often handled.

I have in no way meant to belittle and/or ridicule any person posting on this thread.

If found to be guilty...

That's one great big IF, sad to say.

This man changes nothing in respect of helping someone with a need before it becomes someone else's nightmare.

The concept of 'helping someone with a need before it becomes someone else's nightmare' is a fine concept.

However, a person must want to be helped, must be willing to accept the help and must never cease availing themselves of such help.

Also, the 'help' that is available now is not help enough.

Even with the promising findings that surround MAO-A (discussed in the kiddypics kiddyvids thread, last page), what amounts to 'help' right now does not even come close to prevention.

With no real help available, and no real willingness and stick-to-itivness on the part of the perps concerning help, the problem is not being resolved either proactively or reactively.

WAIT I change my mind. He may be perfect for the example, if in fact it was known he had a problem and no one stopped him.

Please re-read the article. This perp "received a formal warning and was required to undergo mental health counseling before returning to work" prior to the incident(s) he is now being held on.

It didn't 'stop' him.

Which has been my point all along...

Stopping this crime is not happening at all, anywhere, by any means...except, of course, jailing these perps and keeping them from having access to anything (internet, telephone, uncensored letter writing, etc.) that would allow them access to victims.

I brought this here for reference purposes.

I realize these new facts seem to ridicule the point being made here by at least two people and I'm not ignorant enough to try and defend this man or his aids in NOT handling this the first time. I won't offer excuses because I feel rather strongly about this whole thing. If found to be guilty then what follows and I don't care give my opinion on except to say if they are released after such time deemed appropriate then there would be guidelines and one would include it IS NOT a 3 strike concept. You mess up you pay dearly! And most important for preventive you are not allowed to have ANY employment that gains you access to children PERIOD! If found employed in such a manner even if you have been a perfect citizen you go direct to jail do not pass go do not collect $200!

This man changes nothing in respect of helping someone with a need before it becomes someone else's nightmare. WAIT I change my mind. He may be perfect for the example, if in fact it was known he had a problem and no one stopped him.

Now Coolwaters begins but you can't do that quote when it's in a quote.

QUOTE(ChattyKathy @ Apr 10 2006, 11:51 AM)

I realize these new facts seem to ridicule the point being made here by at least two people

I have evidently come across as belittling and/or ridiculing.

My last post before this one was meant to scoff at how perpetrators are too often handled.

I have in no way meant to belittle and/or ridicule any person posting on this thread.

CW, I meant that article and I didn't mean a poster on this board and considering the fact it was Shell who brought it here does it seem likely I would be speaking of her like that? I adore her and everyone here knows it! So I apologize that I did not tie it directly to the article and article only but I thought in light of the fact there was new evidence just brought to the thread by Shell and I said in my opening I realize these new facts seem to ridicule would have defined the text I was referring to. Perhaps in my haste to be here when I had pressing matters got the best of me and if I didn’t state it clearly enough I apologize for that.

I would never intentionally hurt you with words CW, how could I do that? I've not agreed with you but I don't recall my ever being rude to you. I don't intend to start now. You like myself have something in common as well, how could I strike at you with ill intent?

If found to be guilty...

That's one great big IF, sad to say.

I do believe I shall stay away from this place unless I've the time. I was referring to my standard on this type thing. I should have been clearer there without question. I was talking standard of these type things (not the current charges) as an example of where you begin to start paying serious attention to someone's life. If that person is not so far gone they will reach out for help. A place without chastisement and answers that don't fit that man so he leaves with nothing to hold onto but to further drown in obsession. Thank you very much Mr. How May I Help you but you just participated in my next rape!

I do not have the answer but there is something that can be done and I refuse to believe there is not. If I am crazy naïve then so be it! We can kill them when they go bad but we can't make the system work to fix them. Someone needs to get away from the computer and take a long walk with this person and listen to them. I don't have the answer and I am not educated to know either but I know life a little bit. I know a lot of things that allows me the right to speak right now. As do you of course, I'm just drawing my lines in the sand here.

This man changes nothing in respect of helping someone with a need before it becomes someone else's nightmare.

The concept of 'helping someone with a need before it becomes someone else's nightmare' is a fine concept.

However, a person must want to be helped, must be willing to accept the help and must never cease availing themselves of such help.

Also, the 'help' that is available now is not help enough.

Even with the promising findings that surround MAO-A (discussed in the kiddypics kiddyvids thread, last page), what amounts to 'help' right now does not even come close to prevention.

With no real help available, and no real willingness and stick-to-itivness on the part of the perps concerning help, the problem is not being resolved either proactively or reactively.

There has to be away to protect these children and the people that do the harm upon them as well. Although it is by God's grace and mercy I feel any compassion for those who would be my abuser and much worse, unto death. There has to be a way and it isn't to kill them in the end once the children are damaged and sometimes dead. I say nothing new. A way where they could go and honestly be alone with someone qualified to help the problem not the symptoms.

WAIT I change my mind. He may be perfect for the example, if in fact it was known he had a problem and no one stopped him.

Please re-read the article. This perp "received a formal warning and was required to undergo mental health counseling before returning to work" prior to the incident(s) he is now being held on.

It didn't 'stop' him.

Which has been my point all along...

Stopping this crime is not happening at all, anywhere, by any means...except, of course, jailing these perps and keeping them from having access to anything (internet, telephone, uncensored letter writing, etc.) that would allow them access to victims.

This doesn't need addressing because we know it wasn’t this article I was referring to now.

I meant that was the article in my last statment. Sorry! :)

Edited by ChattyKathy

OK, Kathy. I get you now. :D

I apologize for misunderstanding you.

Thank you very much for taking the time to clarify things for me.

There is so much passion, meaning deep feeling, surrounding this subject. Especially for those of us who have been victims, huh?

I get carried away in that passion...and to read my posts..that passion comes across as anger, hurt, mockery, and a whole lot of other things I am not feeling towards any person in particular...but towards the problem...and towards the reality that, with all of the brainiacs in this world who come up with stuff that could not be called anything but miraculous, there has been no satisfactory resolution to this particular problem.

I have no answers, either. My participation in discussions such as this one is more along the lines of 'think tank' or 'focus group'. I want to get the thoughts out there...get everybody's thoughts out there...get the feelings out there...explore those thoughts and feelings...melt things down...shape other things...maybe do that over and over again until there is some formation of even a direction to be heading to look for resolutions to this particular problem.

You've not offended or hurt me at all. I apologize for offending and/or hurting you.

The offenses and hurts I feel have nothing to do with anybody here for sure. I apologize to anybody here that I have hurt and/or offended.

My fervor was never directed towards any person. I apologize for not making that perfectly clear.

We do have some similar thinking though don't we. I guess in a way this place is a hang out where folks that have been thru some rough foot times can put things out there, take things in and while doing so others who just read can learn along the way. Perhaps that is one reason we all return. I've not had the joy of knowing many of you prior to this cafe but since I've come I've certainly felt closeness to this place.

This was good. Working thru things is a good thing ain't it. Thank you Coolwaters. :)

In another article about Brian J Doyle, written by LARA JAKES JORDAN, Associated Press Writer

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060405/ap_on_...DMzBHNlYwM3MDM-

Neighbors in Doyle's leafy neighborhood said they were surprised that the mild-mannered security employee was nabbed in the undercover sting. Doyle's house is just behind an elementary school yard.

This is disturbing...

Looking forward to the May 4 hearing in Maryland~

just scanning

even if you don't have a job with kids, you can "get" kids

um what else ? oh, when does rape or sexual abuse or whatever NOT hurt another sexually or mentally ?

and grieving is not a good EXCUSE to molest at least i don't think

i remember talking to a higher up in twi. i got screamed at like i was lower than a toenail

i reported him and was told he was under a lot of stress doing the will of the lord

excuse me get another *$(#*@#( job or life

even if you don't have a job with kids, you can "get" kids

Someone with history gets NO children, add that to my rough on ideas of what to do with offenders released.

um what else ? oh, when does rape or sexual abuse or whatever NOT hurt another sexually or mentally ?

Where did you read that part please?

and grieving is not a good EXCUSE to molest at least i don't think

There is no good excuse to molest someone.

A cry for help or confidence that little will occur if caught -

EArlier in this thread, someone posed the notion that perhaps it was a cry for help. I still think otherwise. If caught these perps have little to fear

I was reading a story this morning about a teacher in Warren, Michigan who was convicted of criminal sexual conduct for molesting a number of his students. His was sentenced to 1 year and released last month. 10 girls ages 9 - 11 all claimed he held them against their will and groped them.

I wonder how many more girls he will molest before he is caught again?

:realmad::thinking::asdf::asdf::realmad::realmad: