GreaseSpot Cafe

Geer Update

On 4/30/2020 at 2:06 PM, socks said:

Really???

damn you can’t say anything around here anymore.  

how weird. It’s like say ing it cant happen because it wasn’t appropriate and offended someone, so it didn’t. 

Tight ship? 

GS is an odd bunch these days I’ll give you that, but that’s the wrong way to go imo. 

put another way - reality’s a bitch but it’s one we know. 

as you were, all. As you were. 

1 hour ago, socks said:

How does that include posts being deleted? 
because you

had a poster who said “.... off” or whatever it was? 

and then all related posts are gone.  

It’s just weird to me.  That’s posturing at Posturepedic best. 

“As you were” simply meant - return to your normal activity. I guess this is it, hey? Good job! 

I know what you meant by “as you were” – I simply keyed off the word “posture” in Rocky’s post, and was attempting to make light of the whole thing; when I said “one must accept the unpleasant results of something they have posted on Grease Spot.” I did not have just that particular post of George M’s in mind – my goofy posts contributed to the mess as well – and besides the fact that I'm usually not self-deprecating enough, I can see how you might think I was singling out just one poster.

I did not mean to threaten your freedom of speech by praising the moderators for running a tight ship… I do happen to read the   revised rules    occasionally…I like rules – probably because I’m gun shy, and afraid I’m going to say something wrong or violate the rules and be confronted over it…maybe I should self-isolate for a bit.  :biglaugh:

"These rules are meant to encourage civil, courteous discussion. They are not meant to stifle your freedom of expression. We want everyone to have a voice here; please use yours wisely and considerately."

As you were, gentlemen.