GreaseSpot Cafe

IF A FORMAL APOLOGY WERE MADE BY TWI

LornaDoone

I can't possibly see an apologies forthcoming-ever-that would repair the damage done to so many people.

Those who gave their whole heart and soul to what they believed was right, only to have it ripped away from them-what kind of meaningful apology could there be?

Some people died because of their actions. Some people live's were ruined because of their actions. Some people's family relationships were destroyed because of their actions. And on and on.

An apology-hah! Maybe it would matter for some on the edges, but for anyone in the thick of the destruction it would be an empty and meaningless gesture. IMHO

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be surprised if any high-ranking person in that organization ever made anything more than a token, vague apology. Especially for the newer disciples, it might engender more questions than answers.

"Why are they apologizing? Did somebody do something wrong? Who did it? What did they do? Are they still doing it? How long was it going on? Who else knew about this?"

Anyone asking such questions would probably not get a straight answer from the Way hierarchy. It might even force them to search the Dread Internet from Hell.

You know, in this day and time and hour (intentional trigger words - :biglaugh: ), before I got involved with any kind of group, I'd want to find out as much as I can about their history, especially an organization that claims to have been around for 60 years. I would be suspicious of an organization's website that claims to have taught biblical accuracy for so many years, yet has virtually no historical information available, and hardly even mentions its founder and 1st president or sucessors.

Of course, the vast majority of the people mentioned in any of their past historical records (Way magazine, books [Way-Living in Love, VP and Me - hey who's VP? Who's Me?], SNS tapes, Rock of Ages tapes [Rock of Ages? Whooa, what's that?]) no longer affiliate themselves with the Way, and it might just be too darn embarrassing to publicly admit why the vast number of former adherents no longer "adhere".

before I got involved with any kind of group, I'd want to find out as much as I can about their history, especially an organization that claims to have been around for 60 years.

Kevlar, the fact that these people refuse to research the organization makes me wonder about the kind of people attracted to the current TWI. People who say what happened in the past doesn't matter...ranting about forgiveness...what kind of airheads are these? The information is at their fingertips. I sure wish we had these resources years ago...

I would be surprised if any high-ranking person in that organization ever made anything more than a token, vague apology. Especially for the newer disciples, it might engender more questions than answers.

"Why are they apologizing? Did somebody do something wrong? Who did it? What did they do? Are they still doing it? How long was it going on? Who else knew about this?"

Anyone asking such questions would probably not get a straight answer from the Way hierarchy. It might even force them to search the Dread Internet from Hell.

You know, in this day and time and hour (intentional trigger words - :biglaugh: ),

I think you've got a valid point there - Kevlar...And another thing - right after I read those trigger words - I stood up and began lining up chairs - everybody in the office cafeteria was staring at me :biglaugh: some sort of Manchurian Candidate thing I guess.

Tonto, maybe they're just people looking for easy answers about the bible. Not looking to be a hard-core research geek (sorry about that, Research Geek), and turned off by whatever other religious experience they've had.

And maybe sometimes one doesn't know what are the right questions to ask.

Maybe it's just inertia.

Maybe it's the analogy others have presented here about the frog not noticing the increasing water temperature in the cooking pot until it's too late.

Maybe it's...a lot of things, keeds. :wink2:

That's why I'm thankful there are places like this. For whenever people have had enough.

T-Bone, I'm glad to see your training hasn't deserted you. "Train a child in the way he should go, and, when he is old, he'll wonder what the hell THAT was all about." :biglaugh:

Most people have so much hatred toward TWI they would not forgive them if they went door to door.

CK

sigh....... but I suppose THAT is what tends to happen when an organization is guilty of stealing, killing and destroying.....people tend to harbor a bit of resentment for your group :rolleyes:

Ephesians 6:16

Above all taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Thank God for VPW

..... and the way it's set up, it looks like you're giving docvic the credit for Eph 6:16.

<_<

CK...'wicked' is a bit of a strong term to use don't ya think ?? Maybe the word 'carnal' would suffice.!!

And bless you (btw) I think you have a great heart for God.

I don't understand how worshipping a man who molested his followers (eye witness accounts) and plagerized other men's work, and a host of other indiscretions (eye witness accounts) could be having a "great heart for God".

Just curious Allan, if your pastor was accused of molesting women in your church and proven by eye witness accounts, would that be okay and that anyone who remains stedfast to his doctrine, be extolled as someone "who has a great heart for God".

I honestly don't understand.

Thank you Allan, I think you do to.

You guys just read a part of everything and that is what I mean by this place being wicked. The verse says "Taking the shield of faith wherewith ye shall be able to quench all fiery darts of the wicked

Now since I have been here there has not been one person who has not shot a "fiery dart". Now what I am saying is that I have taken the shield of faith to quench them.

While I have only been learning the bible for about 5 to 10 years I would think that you guys who joined in the 70's would be able to remember one verse... but I guess not. Maybe it is old age getting to you. The verse goes perfectly with the daily post here.

CK

Edited by ckmkeon

This from the guy who launches his firey darts in inch high bold blue letters at the end of every post :rolleyes:

This from the guy who launches his firey darts in inch high bold blue letters at the end of every post :rolleyes:

Take the shield of faith. As the verse says.

Am I seeing double

CK

While I have only been learning the bible for about 5 to 10 years I would think that you guys who joined in the 70's would be able to remember one verse... but I guess not. Maybe it is old age getting to you. The verse goes perfectly with the daily post here.

CK

I've been studying the Bible for 30 years - and have no problem remembering a lot of what I read. Why can't you remember if you've been learning the Bible 5 or 10 years?...And you're right - the verse in Ephesians in small letters goes perfectly with the rest of YOUR post signature in big letters - like the surgeon general's warning in little letters on every pack of cigarettes!