GreaseSpot Cafe

I've been thinking.........

Ok here it goes...I've been thinking about hosting a get together for people that are exwafers. Not any bible teaching but a get together for the weekend. Camping. In minnesota next summer. First day would be getting to know one another or catching up with old friends that evening karoke/music. The second day, sitting around a campfire singing (no religous songs, just campfire songs) and sharing our lives. No witnessing to each other whatsoever. Just sharing our lives together. It would probably be the month of july. What do you think? Please let me know your opinions. If not very many people are interested I will scrap the idea. But if there is geniune interest (like you know you can travel to minneosota and it very much is possilbe) let me know and I will start planning. This won't be for just gs people but all that the word gets to about this event will be invited!!!

If it is going to be a big event I will need the year to plan. So think about getting your ole camping gear out and having fun!!!!

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

Wouldn't dare do july fourth, thats family time for sure!!! I'm thinking of a weekend towards the end of the month because of fourth of july. Thats great oakspear!!!

wow dovey its a great idea but sure would be a lot of work. I was thinking of for everyone since most in twi had traveled in lived in a whole bunch of states. I know for me that is the case. I knew people from all over the united states. If I limited to just around here I wouldn't know anyone. I don't know just bringing things up. Maybe its a pipedream.

Here in Arizona...

We have been planning a get together for a while now... icon_eek.gif

And guess what!?!?!

On 19 July it's gonna happen icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

We are getting together in Tucson.

It started in the "state" section in the forums...

As the date drew closer, a "private thread" was started, where we are/were working out some of the details (along with e-mails).

The hardest parts were deciding the "when and where's".

A big thank's goes to Karmicdebt for the hard work she did on makeing this happen. icon_smile.gif:)-->

[This message was edited by Zshot on July 15, 2003 at 10:44.]

I think it's a great idea vickles!

And as to the other ideas... I'm thinking it'd be pretty neat for people to do them as they "feel moved by the" spirits that reside within them... and if folks want to visit from other states or locales... who would mind?

I just want to go somewhere where it's cool... so all of you folks get your "deals" together and I'll visit as many as I can... HA!

... big hitter, the lama...

quote:
Originally posted by wyteduv58:

Zshot how far is Pheonix from Tucson?

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... Dovey

Phoenix is about 125 miles north of Tucson.

Tucson is about 75 miles north of me.

Also concerning temps...

it's cooler in Tucson than it is in Phoenix.

And, it's cooler where I live than in Tucson icon_cool.gificon_razz.gif:P-->

I don't drink the stuff...never have more than a taste once every few years to confirm I don't like it...although I was in charge of the coffee crew for a while at Emporia. (maybe that is what Hope means about writing off that time on her current thread).

You were in twi and didn't drink coffee? Oh my icon_eek.gif Thats funny that you were put on the coffee crew, I'm sure it made you hate coffee even more. icon_wink.gif;)-->

It was probably deliberate, putting a non drinker in charge for a while. One of my few guidelines was not to use too much, and since I didn't have to drink the stuff, I was less tempted to break the above guideline. See my note to Hope on her "It's been 25 years" thread.

• 2 weeks later...