GreaseSpot Cafe

How many GSers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

sprawled out

Just to be clear, i DON'T mean "how many GSers does it take to screw...in a light bulb." that's a whole 'nother question.

i mean, if a light bulb (no particular wattage, could be incandescent or fluorescent, or even halogen, whichever you prefer. perhaps some debate is in order) were to need replacing (for whatever reason, it could be burned out, or maybe it's too bright, or not bright enough. i don't really know. this will require further discussion), how many (i'm thinking this should be a number. a positive whole number. but feel free to disagree) GSers (a general term for people who post on Grease Spot. do we include innies, wierwillites, waygb, etc? lurkers or newbies? maybe. possibly. another point of contention perhaps) would it take (i.e., would be required, would be necessary) to accomplish (right, at what point does potential energy become kinetic? that's gonna be a tough one) it (the aformentioned replacing)?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be clear, i DON'T mean "how many GSers does it take to screw...in a light bulb." that's a whole 'nother question.

i mean, if a light bulb (no particular wattage, could be incandescent or fluorescent, or even halogen, whichever you prefer. perhaps some debate is in order) were to need replacing (for whatever reason, it could be burned out, or maybe it's too bright, or not bright enough. i don't really know. this will require further discussion), how many (i'm thinking this should be a number. a positive whole number. but feel free to disagree) GSers (a general term for people who post on Grease Spot. do we include innies, wierwillites, waygb, etc? lurkers or newbies? maybe. possibly. another point of contention perhaps) would it take (i.e., would be required, would be necessary) to accomplish (right, at what point does potential energy become kinetic? that's gonna be a tough one) it (the aformentioned replacing)?

I'd love to answer your question, Sprawled, but could you clarify just a few things for me?

- why doesn't it matter what kind of bulb and wattage it is? Are you saying that bulbs are relatively unimportant in the whole scheme of the question? Why are you picking on light bulbs, what have they ever done to you?

- Are we really replacing the bulb or are we M&A'ing it and if so, then what scriptures are you using to justify this?

- I prefer the term GSpotters - does that affect the viability of the question? Does it preclude me from being able to answer said question?

At first I thought this was another friggin' question, but you clarified it as just about replacing light bulbs. As a former light maintenance worker at Emporia, I can definitively say it takes 2 to change the bulbs over the "pulpit" in the chapel ... one to hold the 40 foot ladder, and one really stupid one (that would be me) to climb straight up the ladder (which is not resting on anything at the top). D*n Mo*an showed up to help ... with inspirational words like "holy sheet" or something to that effect.

So 2 is the whole integer, but since d*n helped a little, he counts a half, but since I was probably in your "not bright enough" category, I probably only count as a half ... so we can call it 2, since in your religion you only seem to allow whole integers. (I realize you said we could discuss that, but I recognize that as a subtle ploy to draw out my beliefs so you can tell me I'm going to hell if I believe in real numbers).

We could go on but there is no point in talking more cuz I can see you are a moron and your mind is closed on this subject. I can't believe you brought up such a divisive subject. :evilshades:

At first I thought this was another friggin' question, but you clarified it as just about replacing light bulbs. As a former light maintenance worker at Emporia, I can definitively say it takes 2 to change the bulbs over the "pulpit" in the chapel ... one to hold the 40 foot ladder, and one really stupid one (that would be me) to climb straight up the ladder (which is not resting on anything at the top). D*n Mo*an showed up to help ... with inspirational words like "holy sheet" or something to that effect.

Did you say a prayer before you went up?

A/V crew did before they climbed the tower at HQ.

belle, as much as i appreciate your interest and willingness, i'm afraid that, until i can get this @#$%! lightbulb replaced, i can't see well enough to answer your questions.

i have been thinking, however, that there probably should be an apostle involved somewhere in the process, since they're the ones who bring new light. but that's all i've got.

Sprawled,

You haven't established yet that there is a need for a light bulb. Are we to assume that there is a dark place in need of some light? Are you sure that only one bulb will serve your needs?

Or-perhaps there is enough light in the general vicinity that would be adequete enough for your needs.

IMHO, we need more information before a true answer can be reached (in the context of circumstances, so to speak).

:biglaugh:

God first

Beloved All

God loves you my dear friend

Why change a light bulb when we can go out side and enjoy the sun shine

Unless we live in New Knoxville were the sun does not shine

Then it take us all to break in the door but why would we want too do that and changed their bulbs

so just go out in the sun shine

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Silly - Grease Spotters don't screw in light bulbs...

Grease Spotters screw in hot tubs! :biglaugh:

Is there something I need to hear about??? Details, please. Evidencary photos should also be required!

:evilshades::evilshades:

- I prefer the term GSpotters

Now is that Gspotters...are you making an analogy to L-dotters.

Or is that a reference to the g-spot.

Enquiring minds want to know...

:who_me:

Edited by markomalley

Screwing is serious business and shouldn't be left to amateurs. I did a search for information on the word "screw" and found an online article that starts out with this:

The correct definition of bolt and screw is as follows.

Bolts are defined as headed fasteners having external threads that meet an exacting, uniform bolt thread specification (such as M, MJ, UN, UNR, and UNJ) such that they can accept a nontapered nut. Screws are defined as headed, externally-threaded fasteners that do not meet the above definition of bolts.

Because various organizations have thoroughly confused everyone regarding this simple definition, the remainder of this article dispels several myths and discusses the full rationale explaining the above, correct definition.

The article settles once and for all the truth of screwing. I recommend it to anyone seriously considering a future in it. Although it actually deals with "bolts", there's a great deal of light being shed on the screw and how it's been confused with the bolt. This explains SO much. Obviously if someone attemtps to screw when a bolt is appropriate there's going to be trouble.

This is the link: http://euler9.tripod.com/bolt-database/boltdef.html It's engaging and well written. Highly suggested for those interested in doing any screwing.

Edited by socks

I've been running some field tests on this question, sprawled out. Did a mockup on the computer and a rendering. These are my preliminary findings:

1. The number of GSers likely needed to screw in a light bulb will depend on several factors that form an equation-

the number of years in the Way between the year 1990 and 2004

Divided by the number of years "out"

Plus the number of years "on" GS.

Minus the number of times they've logged in over any 24 hour period in the last week.

Example:

"In" from 1994 to 2002 = 8 years

Divided by years "Out" from 2002 to current = 4 years (rounded off)

= 2

Plus number of years "On" = 4

= 6

Minus number of times logged in = 3

Total = 3

How to apply-

Since it only takes one person to screw in a light bulb under normal circumstances, we'll need to replace more bulbs, burned out or not, since we have a total of "3". Adjust the number of bulbs replaced by the total result each time.

I'm still working on this but wanted to post these findings. The results get really tweezed for pre-1990 years, where we actually seem to end up with a negative number of bulbs getting screwed in, and some bulbs actually ending up screwed out and unaccounted for. More work needs to be done to reconcile these anamolies, for sure.

Edited by socks

....negative number of bulbs getting screwed in, and some bulbs actually ending up screwed out and unaccounted for. More work needs to be done to reconcile these anamolies, for sure.
A refinement may include adjustments for those screwed up or screwed over.

Screwing is serious business and shouldn't be left to amateurs. I did a search for information on the word "screw" and found an online article that starts out with this:

The correct definition of bolt and screw is as follows.

Bolts are defined as headed fasteners having external threads that meet an exacting, uniform bolt thread specification (such as M, MJ, UN, UNR, and UNJ) such that they can accept a nontapered nut. Screws are defined as headed, externally-threaded fasteners that do not meet the above definition of bolts.

Because various organizations have thoroughly confused everyone regarding this simple definition, the remainder of this article dispels several myths and discusses the full rationale explaining the above, correct definition.

Socks -- shouldn't you be picking guitar -- or sumpthin?! :biglaugh:

according to some....as an apostle, Wierwille already brought us new light for our generation, so who needs light bulbs?

according to others...we were screwed in The Way...I'll be d*mned if I'll screw in a light bulb

How many?

• Raf to start a thread on whether it's an "actual light bulb"
  • Oldies to chime in that light bulbs never burned out while he was in The Way
  • Rascal to chide Oldies for implying that the rest of us didn't have some horrible light bulb experiences
  • Mike tol direct us to go back to PFAL, where there are hidden messages about light bulbs
  • CK to tell us that his dad once changed a light bulb and that we should stop being so negative
  • George & Sudo to weigh in with the observation that no one has ever actually seen a light bulb get changed, so maybe they don't exist
  • Jonny Lingo to regale us with a story of how God changed a light bulb for his WOW family after they prayed for a miracle.
  • Mark O'Malley to post the Latin for "change a light bulb
  • Littlehawk to serve up some moonshine so we don't care about light bulbs...or revenoors
  • Moddishwasher to delete all offensive references to "light"

So I guess...11

Edited by Oakspear

dmiller, I'm more than happy to squeeze in some time when and where I'm needed.

Somewhere in the mines of GS archives are 2 threads I did on this very question, so it's near and dear to my heart. Bulb screwing is a huge topic. BIG topic.

Hey...don't forget templelady to state how much more 'brightly' the bulbs burn at her local temple than they ever did at the way

Belle..to back her up with candles in case anyone disagrees with her 'brightness' theory

Abigail to comment that candles are better than lightbulbs anyway, especially if they're in a seven tier candlestick holder.

David M. to screw them back in as Mark S. tries to unscrew them to alleviate global warming

and Wordwolf to read the instructions on the packet 27 times and have you quote them back word for word each time

That makes 15 so far.

Of course - if things follow the usual route the whole project will be relegated to the Doctrinal Forum where:

Sirguessalot - Can question us about whether or not the universe truly needs light bulbs - or are we just substituting light...

T-Bone - can tell us every commentary's breakdown of the bulb screwing technique..

Dmiller - can break tradition and bring up the possibility of serving pineapple while said lightbulb gets screwed in.

Then there's Roy who will blow us all a holy kiss while we work.....

Now I think we're up to 19.....(unless David's been mentioned already)

Edited by doojable