GreaseSpot Cafe

How many GSers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

sprawled out

Radar - can tell us how she worked closely with the upper eschelon who just watched people screw in light bulbs

Hope R - can tell us where she found a great deal and saved big bucks on light bulbs

CoolChef - to tell us how hard it can be to find good light bulbs in Maine

Jim - posts how to make your own - after all, he's been doing it for years

Shellon - to hug everyone for their great input and efforts

...how many does that make?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I humbly disagree with the premise that it doesn't matter what kind of lightbulbs we install.

Before the Purchasing Dept. even accepts the requisition for a new bulb, HAP needs to add a few people to discuss whether compact flourescent bulbs would be advisable, or at least whether to install dimmer switches on all the Greasespot lighting devices in conjunction with the light bulb changing project.

This of course will require a detailed discussion on our country's extraordinarily large proportionate usage of natural resources and the effect on glabal warming of various different types of lightbulbs.

This would likely involve HAP, Oeno, Satori, and Wingnut. Dmiller and Sudo would be also involved, but they are already listed.

I think that is 28

Edited by HAPe4me

another point about CK -- who wasn't around when light bulbs were being screwed in,

though he wishes he had been, and is willing to tell us how to do it;

And Mike to exhort all to MASTER the written works about pfal --

(Proper Fundamentals About Lightbulbs;

Or Jardinero and HerbieJuan to argue for growing lightbulbs - (not yer average bulb!);

And Sushi to say --- HEEEEEERE'S LIGHTBULBS!

How many have we got so far?? :spy:

Edited by dmiller

We are still addressing the issue with the assupton that light bulbs are actually needed. Before we expend valuable resources and manpower, I still feel that the premise is faulty until we satisfy the need for a bulb.

'Course, this type of discussion would have gotten me kicked off the bulb committee.

i think we're really getting somewhere on this! it looks like 19 and counting.

but as to the whole question of whether or not a light bulb is really necessary--i nominate topoftheworld to chair that committee.

as for whether or not a compact flourescent should be considered, i'm wondering if that opens a can of worms--is there really any need to conserve in that way? and of course, what about global warming?

carry on!

It would be an honor to handle the screwing dmiller. Of the bulb, of course. If called upon I will execute these duties with honor and dignity.

socks - I hope we won't have to swear our allegiance to you as the

Man To Screw Lightbulbs In For Our Day And Time

If you write us all letters telling us we have to chose - I'm outta' here!

• 2 years later...
Do we have a solid answer on this yet?

I think we need some more light in here.

There's is really nothing wrong with the lights here .--well ....there wasn't ---

until 100 greasespotters with an army of lawyers

and dictionaries decided to fight over just HOW the lights should be changed

and ended up bustin most of the existing lights and covered up the other ones with muck and blood

during the argument

--let em sit around in the dark for awhile.

Im sure there are still a few flamethrowers to see by

:thinking:

GSers arent that good at lighting design....or......changing lightbulbs------leave it to the pro's ---call an architect

I prefer that indirect recessed lighting myself

as opposed to that in your face interrogation style lighting

Edited by mstar1

Screwing in lightbulbs?

How do they get in the lightbulbs? :blink:

Geez, Dooj - you need to review the Advanced Class material...the Illuminati are in everything - you know that! That's why years ago I got rid of every single light bulb in my home. Sure, I can't see what I'm doing - but neither can the Illuminati.