GreaseSpot Cafe

For Singles Only !

Cowgirl

Cowgirl, I peeked even though I am married!!!! heehee I hope you don't mind.... A friend of mine met her future husband through match.com ..... They married in April.

Sorry, but that is about all the help I can give you.

The good, the bad, and the ugly. Sometimes they were all one guy. :blink:

I did a fair amount of online dating before I met my sweetie on a previous job. I would recommend it for almost anyone, with the same cautions you would take with meeting anyone new. Meet someone for the first time in a public place, be sure you take your time chatting before you meet in person. If you don't have a cell phone number, get a track phone or prepaid cell phone and give only that number out.

For me it gave me an opportunity to experience mass amounts of rejection, which I had been afraid to expose myself to, and found out I could still breathe after the experience. It also gave me many more opportunities to meet people than I would have in my everyday life and social circles.

I met some really great guys from online dating. Saddle up and go get 'em, Cowgirl!

I's jes kiddin earlier. Just thought I'd be a little scandalous just for grins... :)

And WWJL, that's pretty interesting. When you mentioned the rejection thing, I spose I know what you mean, but from a different perspective, in that I used to be a door to door "water filter salesman". And after I got used to the rejections which were hard at first, I began to be more and more successful as my "skin got thicker". It seems as if it must be worse to be a woman, and experience rejection in that way though...

My single days pretty much pre-dated the online thing, though I did belong to a video dating service for five years and enjoyed it immensely. I met a few whackos, but most of the women were very nice; a few are still good friends. I know two couples who met online, and they're doing fine.

Are you asking for yourself, Cowgirl? I thought you were "taken."

George

I met my soulmate on yahoopersonals.com. I met a variety of people in the process. I recommend, especially to women, to tell someone before you meet up with someone you meet on the internet. I tell that person every bit of information I have on the person I met up, even their userid and what website I met them on. I would also tell that person to call me at some point to check up on me. It I wanted out of the scenario, I would use the phone call as an excuse to leave.

Edited by Wayfer Not

Hi George!

In answer to your question about me be "taken", no I'm not anymore, unfortunately it just didn't pan out.

I am interested in the on-line dating and have done a bit, I just wanted to hear what people had to say about it, those that have tried it out.

Cowgirl

Hi George!

In answer to your question about me be "taken", no I'm not anymore, unfortunately it just didn't pan out.

I am interested in the on-line dating and have done a bit, I just wanted to hear what people had to say about it, those that have tried it out.

Cowgirl

I didn't mean to pry, I was just surprised. I wish you well in your search. The internet can be a good place to meet people. Walk in wisdom.

George

Oh Jonny, I can do better than that.

Hello Cowgirl in the sand. Is this place at your command? Can I stay here for awhile? Can I see your sweet sweet smile? Old enough now to change your name. (I forgot the rest. Sorry.)

See I can be romantic once in a blue moon or when the wind is blowing just right.

God first

Beloved Cowgirl

God loves you my dear friend

I have try online dating scene and I enjoy it

meet a lady name Pam we became friends

she still stops bye but we are no more than friends

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Ooh Ooh, I found it. My favorite Neil Young song. Cowgirl In the Sand. This is in honor of Grease Spot Cafe's very own Cowgirl. I hope you all won't mind if my singing is a little off key, especially on the high notes, but here goes.

"Cowgirl In The Sand"

Hello cowgirl in the sand

Is this place

at your command

Can I stay here

for a while

Can I see your

sweet sweet smile

Old enough now

to change your name

When so many love you

is it the same?

It's the woman in you

that makes you want

to play this game.

Hello ruby in the dust

Has your band

begun to rust

After all

the sin we've had

I was hopin' that

we'd turn back

Old enough now

to change your name

When so many love you

is it the same

It's the woman in you

that makes you want

to play this game.

Hello woman of my dreams

This is not

the way it seems

Purple words

on a grey background

To be a woman

and to be turned down

Old enough now

to change your name

When so many love you

is it the same

It's the woman in you

that makes you want

to play this game.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

I have a question about this online dating thing.....................I've met and talked to a number of men now and right from the beginning I've let them know the boundaries as in I'm not looking to get seriously involved with anyone right now, I just want to be friends (and that's without benefits), in all honesty I want to play the field and I don't see anything wrong with that, I'm being honest right from the beginning.

What ends up happening is we get to know each other a little bit and they want more involment, more than just friends, but I am not into letting it be more than just friends aleast right now. So what happens is it's either more than friends or nothing! Whatever is wrong with just being friends and letting it go from there, I'm not in any rush, I want to take my time getting to know the person and not be exclusive. And I'm not the type that would go around being serious with one person and dating other people on the side.

Here's a scenario that just happened, I was friends with this guy and told him in the beginning that's all I wanted, I've been invited by someone else to go spend a weekend in their neck of the woods, (he plays guitar, alright I have a weakness for people that can play the guitar) anyways it's just going to be a fun weekend, well the guy I was FRIENDS with doesn't want me seeing anyone else or we're not friends anymore. What is up with that?? I have made my positon very clear and this is what goes on, what is so wrong just getting to know a guy as a friend and keeping it as a friend? Is it so wrong wanting to play the field and being upfront about it?

Is Ann landers out there, or better yet, Dr. Phil??

Cowgirl

Edited by Cowgirl

Cowgirl,

Most guy's on online dating want more than "just friends" (even if they "agree" to be "just friends" up front).

Is that being honest on his part? No. but that's the way it is for the most part (of course there will be a few exceptions). Usually, people on online dating are looking for more than "just friends".

Also, some people tend to be jealous. My girlfriend tends to be on the jealous side (she has nothing to be jealous of.)

Finding the right girl (or guy) to be around is tough at times.

Glad you liked it Cowgirl. If your brothers here can't fix you up, we can at least make you laugh. And that really is my favorite Neil Young song. After reading the words more clearly I can understand why. Thanks for naming yourself Cowgirl so that I could sing it to you.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti