GreaseSpot Cafe

"What Makes Someone Sexy?"

I Love Bagpipes

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the main attributes for a man that a woman is attracted to are: Looks, Brains, Money, and Personality.

I used to have the looks and still have the brains, more money as I age, but for some damn reason always seem to lose out on the "personality" part.

Once on a potential blind date, I had a female friend of mine I overheard tell a friend of hers she was attempting to fix up for me tell her I was "really cute". I thought that sealed it until she responded, "what's his personality like?" She didn't answer that and went on to say I had a nice car. She asked again and she then said I had a good job.

I never did get this girl.

There was another girl I was set up for and had a nice phone voice, but I was not told what she looked like. I assumed she looked hot when I went to look her up at her house. When she answered the door, she looked to have weighed in at roughly 400-450 pounds.

This sounds awful but I panicked.

All I remember was diving into my car thanking God I had the top down that day and leaving in a cloud of dust. The lady should have told me, dammit. I could have at least used the lame excuse of "let's be friends" or something...then never called again.

Judging from that incident I suppose I lost out on the "personality" part due to the fact they thought I was shallow and only judged women on their looks.

There was a time when I decided to break out of the shallow mode and try to date ugly women and see how long I could do it. Looking back, I called it "Hell week."

My wife is beautiful in my eyes, but I like to think I got to really know her before I married her.

I believe now over time my maturity level has increased. I prefered talking to any woman now but found myself gravitating to less physically attractive women at work as friends. I believe this is because I found the very attractive or more attractive women think in obvious manner they are better than everyone else, especially the other women. Some of them, the younger female employees, mistreated the older women verbally. It took me seeing this to get out of the shallow mode. The ones who were supposed to be so attractive, turned out in my experience to be the least attractive and total turn-offs.

Where was my brain in my younger years?

No one answer that. I think I know.

Eagle

Vickles, I am a Taurus, and I am strong like bull! Moooo! Or does that mean I am full of bull? You decide...But Vickles, which "pick up line" do you refer to?

And, I was just teasin Likeaneagle...I'm not sure I can shake the booty like a Chippendale boy anyway! Hah! In fact, I am sure I cannot...Hell, I'm forty nine!

And, for the record, my wife likes it that I flirt, and vise versa. She gets a big kick out of it when we go clubbing, and some cool looking chick hits on me. Makes her proud, because she knows I'm not going to run off with anyone but her...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Hey Pete...Yasou man

I still think it's a finger stuck in the ear that makes a sexy man...

My wife and I were interrupted at dinner one night by an 80-some-year-old lady who had to stop by and say thank you for caring for her sister or some family member when I worked in the hospital...she also said, "You're a purtee man" LOL My wife teases me about that to this day..."if all you can attract is 80 year-olds, why did I marry you" LOL

My husband is sexy. Why? He is senstive, caring, passionate, manly and a drummer. :love3: We are both Scorpios. You know what they say about Scorpios. They are passionate people. That we are, so we enjoy each other a lot!!

Because I am a Venutian Scorpio, I have a tendency to be very verbal in my opinions (some people call it bossy). One day hubby was driving and I tried to tell him where to turn. He didn't do it. Half a block later, I said, "Did you hear me?????" He said, "Yeah, but I'm not doing it." I busted out laughing. I appreciate that quality of my husband. :biglaugh: Any other man would have yelled "Quit trying to tell me what to do!!!!", and all hell would have broke loose. :blink:

The *sexiest* lady I ever knew was

Petite

Shoulder length brown hair

Quiet/ but vocal at times

Introspective/ yet assertive when needed

Knew when to talk, and when to listen

Willing to put up with my music *habit*

Willing to sit in the audience and socialize

Picked some music herself

Found fun in ALL of life's uncertainties.

Enthusiastic about getting out doors, and doing something

but sitting at home was ok too.

She told me she wasn't looking for committment/ marriage.

I believed her -- I shouldn't have.

She is now married to someone else.

Physical qualities are *eye candy* (nice, but not necessary).

Real folks like this, are hard to find.

Match.com..yeah, I am a member but have found that even when being honest with people about your situations, the best way is probably to just relax, be sure that you ARE over your past, learn how to not trust everyone out there, and keep trying (HOWEVER much you fall short) to be honest. (Does that mean I need to not worry about my ex husband anymore...lol....YEP). My ex and I have been seperated for 8 months, and we just spoke about divorce filings...and I told him I was on Match.com...listed as seperated. He thought it was great, if it worked out for me I had his blessings...and although I dont need his approval, I do still think its a great venue for meeting people..if done carefully, and if you have someone that you can trust to forward their information to.

I told my ex that it was probably better for me to be doing that instead of following him around, wondering what he is doing. HE AGREED...

So, as I proceed with it, I will let you know in this post about some of my adventures. Life always has interesting twists and turns, especially on this front.

Have a great day!

Dawn

To me - - what makes a guy sexy is the sound of his voice. It's not tenor or baritone, but there's a certain quality in there somewhere that is very appealing.

If we know each other well enough for a hug - - as in good night after a date or 2 - the way he holds me is the difinitive factor for me. But I'm not really interested unless that quality is there in the sound of his voice.

Brains, and a certain sweetness of heart.

Honesty in day-to-day dealings.

That certain quality of character that tells you that the person would never cheat on you.

Shared goals; shared dreams.

Not a cover model, but not hard to look at, either.

Sense of adventure and fun.

Wait - I'm not answering the question. The question was what makes someone sexy, and this answer is what makes the person a good life partner.

Sexy:

brains, sweetness, manners, has seen the inside of a gym in this lifetime (or looks like he has), a person who is intriguing.