GreaseSpot Cafe

"What Makes Someone Sexy?"

I Love Bagpipes

So what do you think? This is what Match.com discovered.

:dance: :) :dance:

"What Makes Someone Sexy?"

Does sensual appeal come from a glance, a gesture, or a special kissing technique? Find out!

Is it a look, a laugh, the nape of his or her neck—or being able to give a really good backrub? We asked Match.com members what they thought, and we certainly got a wide range of answers. But we also heard one theme from an overwhelming number of people, male and female alike—in a word, confidence! Read on for more readers’ thoughts…

“When someone can find humor in themselves.”

—Kerry, no address given

“A mischievous twinkle in his eyes.”

—Catherine, Indianapolis, ID

“After the initial attraction, the way a man treats his children, family, friends, even strangers, is what really seals the deal. Nothing is sexier than watching a man treat someone with kindness, concern and respect.”

—sweeterthan_wine, Parker, CO

“Once we have gotten to know each another, letting me know he wants me is an incredible turn-on. Of course, I did say ‘once we have gotten to know each other...’ As a single woman dating on the Internet, I can tell you that a conversation that begins ‘Love your picture. You're so hot. Drool.’ is distinctly un-sexy. Why do guys think women want to hear that?”

—wimsey70, Pittsburgh, PA

“Not knowing [or not showing you know] that you are gorgeous is very appealing. Give me humility any day.”

—venus_redux, Gettysburg, PA

“I find a man who explores his understanding of the world without conformist thinking very sexy.”

—dayglowOriginal, Arlington, TX

“Honesty. I am not talking about ‘honest to a fault’ honesty—I am speaking of ‘from the heart’ honesty.”

—dostyla, no address given

“A man who opens doors, chews with his mouth shut, and puts the toilet seat and lid back down.”

—hereiaminnwa, Fayetteville, AR

“A laugh that starts around the eyes and transforms her face into full, uninhibited joy is about as sexy as it gets.”

—Mac, no address given

“Holding hands, soft kisses, unexpected compliments, and small acts of kindness.”

—sweething178, no address given

“Sexiness radiates from the eyes. The eyes don't lie.”

—princeofen, no address given

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems as though the majority of responders were women, so in interest of fairness, allow me to give a more male perspective:

What men find sexy in women, at least to begin with, is all physical. A nice figure, nice complection, and maybe a hint of willingness in her demeanor.

I think what women find sexy in men is physical strength, power, and money (or so it seems to me).

Having said all that, at my age, what the hell difference does it make now?

Edited by George Aar

First off, I would definitely have to say a man's forearms and his hands, I know it's physical but for some reason that does it for me (maybe cause I like to feel safe and secure in a man's arms)

Another one......when he gives you that special look and you know he's totally into you (the kind of "makes you melt" look! You women know what I'm talking about, it makes you feel all queasy inside!

Another biggy.............................when a man has a passion for life and he's not afraid to show it.

And another one, when a man is not afraid to show his true feelings !

Cowgirl

I'm hearing the "honesty" line a bit too much already.

I think women LOVE men to be "honest" as long as it's something they want to hear.

Should it be more reality based, I think a man would be best advised to color up his "honesty" a smidge...

Good observation Geo.

Perhaps "sensitivity" better communicates.

Transparency (honesty) comes later in a relationship.

I don't think any of us are "completely" honest without first feeling loved and secure.

Even then it is difficult.

I think what women mean by honesty is without pretense and that his motives are honest (for the most part...nobody's perfect :)).

Ladies?

Why, having me on their arm, of course. :wink2:

Seriously, there's just too much to narrow it down, I think. I like a great genuine smile that reaches all the way up to tender, nice eyes. Eye contact, intelligent conversation, great bouts of laughter and witty banter will most certainly get my attention.

Cowgirl, I just took a shower after a long day of hanging sheetrock, and I need someone to massage my large forearms and hands after throwing the big boards all day long, and then later we could maybe wrestle some? :wink2:

Where's Mrs. Lingo --- Hmmm??? :nono5:

George I know men don't believe it and that doesn't matter to me.

For me, and it's rare, I know that too, I prefer honesty. Not the 'honey I love you smoochie blah blah puke me a dozen roses' crap. That doesn't last long enough to carry a relationship past the first 3 months or so.

I will never enter into any kind of relationship unless the dude has the balls to tell the truth, every time.

That's sexy, to this woman. The physical stuff fades fast over time.

I've started this 'truth' stuff before and it didn't fly then either.

Me, it's the truth about everything, or it's nothing.

Doesn't fit society, I know that very well.

Hi Jonny, I know you're just joking when you say those things, but I won't flirt with a married man, it's not my style, sorry.

Yea, but you can flirt with me Cowgirl. I am single. Besides I live to far away from you to be dangerous.