GreaseSpot Cafe

lcm's "old wineskins?"

sprawled out

dmiller.....I was in Bloomington in 1976 and those tapes were still around then. Speaking of Kris Skeg. I have tried to locate her for years. She was the branch coordinator in Bloomington in 1976 and a wonderful person. Other saints there during that time include S. Morrison, G. Barnes, D. Mullen, S. Singleton, Tim (cannot remember his last name but he was and amazing person for being bold at witnessing) Nan, Rudi, S. Black, G. Smith, P. Farrell, R. Bridgewaters (another saint amazingly bold at witnessing) T. Kelso, S Hesley, K. Heatly, Joan, Beth, Nick, Karen, Liz, Irma, Terry and many others including the people you mentioned.

I know the tapes were still there in 1977 when Dean and Laura E. from Joyful Noise became the branch coordinators and K. Skeg. went into the Corps. The following year, C. Preston became the branch coordinator and Dean E. returned to Joyful Noise. It would not surprise me if those tapes are not somewhere in Bloomington today. I know several people still living there and if I track them (tapes) down I will let you know.

Those years 1973-1978 was an amazing time in Bloomington Indiana and Word was hot!!!! People were getting born again. We were young and living the Word was fun. It was a fun time to be in the Way.

It is a good memory/reminder for me......I can still have that enthusiasm for the Word of God today. It is all a matter of how I think about it and make day by day decisions by looking at the big picture namely that.... 1 Thess 4:13-18 is true (....comfort one another with these words) and if I make my decisions remembering that truth everthing will be ok. Inspite of my weakness and sin, Jesus Christ is coming back and Revelation 21:1-5 is going to happen in the future.

Well......now that I have given myself a little motivational reminder...

Other saints there during that time include S. Morrison, G. Barnes, D. Mullen, S. Singleton, Tim (cannot remember his last name but he was and amazing person for being bold at witnessing) Nan, Rudi, S. Black, G. Smith, P. Farrell, R. Bridgewaters (another saint amazingly bold at witnessing) T. Kelso, S Hesley, K. Heatly, Joan, Beth, Nick, Karen, Liz, Irma, Terry and many others including the people you mentioned.

Paradiseden --- WHAT A BLAST FROM THE PAST --- hearing all those names again! :spy:

I recognize most of them. :) P. Farrell and Irma used to hang out with my ex (Mary V.) a lot.

Rudi gave a car to Mary and I, when we didn't even have a wow-mobile!

Who can forget Terry ---

driving the old 1960-something VW microbus, with the Transcendental Meditation bumper stickers!! :biglaugh:

Remember the coffeehouse that Dean played at?? The Runcible Spoon?

I recollect a lot of us went there to hear him play on weekends.

Those were some mighty fine times. ;)

Toward the last of our involvement, I got the distinct impression that anyone who was around who got involved with TWI in the 60's and 70's was an "old wineskin." I distinctly remember the smug, giggling little MOGGIE wannabe in the last place we "fellowshipped" saying in a BR meeting that he didn't think any of us oldsters had the strength to handle the present truth. Nope, he thought we'd all have to go. And he set about ruthlessly kicking to the curb anyone who wasn't fit to stand forth boldly and fearlessly....in other words anyone who wasn't a close personal friend of his, anyone who had "problems" with children, etc. It was like a communist purge. The next meeting, a few families would be missing, and you knew they had been M&A'd overnight, consigned to the mists of outer darkness by the nasty little LCM-wish-I-was.

Only slightly :offtopic: :

I got news for ya, pal, problems and weaknesses are what make me strong, because then I have to rely on the strength of God. And I expect by now, being a little more of a grown-up (I hope), you have come to realize that everyone has problems, sickness, rotten kids, discolored teeth, bad breath, etc, in their own lives. It's called being human, and we all are just that, imperfect human beings, with problems and weaknesses. We are only strong when we admit we don't have many answers and need God to strengthen us, love us up, and teach us how to love each other.

God bless you, D & R M***er! I hope you come to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior 'cause I don't think you had a clue back in E*****, W*********.

WG

Don't forget that plain getting revelation eventually became an old wineskin.

In pfal, vpw makes a special note that God will tell YOU FIRST on anything pertaining to you,

and MAY tell someone else LATER to tell you if you're not listening.

He gave examples of people supposedly relaying messages about running off to minister

to people who he claimed God told to go THEMSELVES rather than tell HIM to go.

He also gave the Paul-going-to-Jerusalem example

(God told Paul, then people he ran into in passing, then sent in Agabus the prophet)

on the same subject.

lcm said that all decisions had to come down from leadership-

that THEY would get revelation concerning everyone's personal lives,

and not THEMSELVES.

Of course, when you got in trouble for following their instructions,

it was supposedly because NOW you were supposed to be listening for

revelation and missed it-the leadership was NEVER to blame,

no matter how stupid their instruction.

i'm not at all surprised to learn that craigsy-poo became an even more incredible a**hole--i had first-hand knowledge of what a jackwad he was--but it's hard to believe how he messed with such fundamental things. and got away with it! and i thought things were bad when i left in '87!

so what's become of these "new wineskins" since he got the heave-ho?

We are only strong when we admit we don't have many answers and need God to strengthen us, love us up, and teach us how to love each other.

WG

THAT is beautifully said.

WG

[/quote}

God bless you, D & R M***er! I hope you come to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior 'cause I don't think you had a clue back in E*****, W*********.

WG

I think that That is what happened with a lot of us in twi....our pride in our knowledge took the place of a relationship with Jesus with disasterous results :(

I agree WG I had to admit that my so-called knowledge of the Bible and leadership's constant instructions had replaced Jesus Christ as my Lord when it came to my daily walk.

BTW As of less than a year ago--loy's book was still being sold in the bookstore and I never heard ANYTHING he taught refuted before I left.

Well, when I discovered the actions of LCM it seemed to me best to act in the way he had taught us - that is, Athletes somehow just jumped straight into the fire.

Recommendations for The Red Thread, anyone?