GreaseSpot Cafe

Future Wayfers

grand-daughter

Hi, I'm new here and didn't know how to start so I decided here is as good a place as any. I was not involved in TWI per say but was considered a grand-daughter of V.P. After his death as you know many left and started ministries of their own and thats where I come in. Since 1990 I was in what is called River Road Fellowship. I must tell you I have much fear today writing of this. Now over the last couple of days I have been going through and reading a lot of the posts here and am just sickened to see the similarities. I only wanted my works to glorify God but now I am so messed up and scared I don't know what to do. :(

Welcome, granddaughter...have a cuppa joe, have a seat and relax...can't say we're all sane, but, we do have one major thing in common...we relate to you and understand where you are coming from.

That was the greatest thing I found at Waydale. Even throughout all the therapy, the therapists didn't quite understand "the Way" and how complicated it was...and how multi-faceted and divided I became because of it.

I think it is safe to say that most of us, if not all, here understand you fears, concerns and heart of you.

:wave: welcome

Hello.

My general advice to new arrivals is here:

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=7913

As for specific advice, for now, I'd just recommend reading and thinking.

HASTY judgements lead to mistakes that can be avoided.

As to glorifying God, God knows the difference between

doing your best when better can be done,

and

deliberately doing wrong things with a disguise of rightness.

So,

don't sweat anything you've done so far.

Just consider God's love, mercy and compassion from here on.

As someone said once, 'In the end, only kindness matters.'

That's not everything, but it matters a LOT more than the correct

usage of any Greek word I've ever studied.

Learn more, and carefully decide what to do later.

Atrue son as I was taught is one who walks in the ways of hie father such as in the footsteps of Abraham. Victor Benard is who started this group, I don't know if you know him or not but trust me if you know V.P. you know Victor.

Victor B?????????

Oh-my-G!! ---

Yes -- I know him.

wow! He's still around, eh?

post-646-1152459512_thumb.jpgHi there grand daughter...welcome as others have said.

I for one pop in and out (pardon the pun)...I have received a great deal of healing as a result of the GS

There has been genuine love, care and concern for me across these pages from these cool folks, sure can't wait to see them face to face (yes, even Sushi)

I sure do love ya... and hang around, let it out, we've been there....eventually you'll drink the coffee

so in the way that I usually express, "From all of us in Baghdad, welcome"!

John..aka oilfieldmedic...aka Smokey