GreaseSpot Cafe

What happened to the Pentagon/hoax thread?

Linda Z

Hi Linda,

After I made that post I took my son and went and saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. And you want to know something?? I couldn't enjoy the movie completely because I kept thinking about that post I made. You made a reply? I can imagine what you said because really... what I said was a little over the top. I kept thinking about it while watching Captain Jack Sparrow. If I offended you, I apologize. I was being arrogant and a know-it-all. :redface:

sudo

Sudo, that was a nice, straightforward apology, uncluttered with excuses. Thank you. I didn't say much...just thanked you for the snopes link and asked why you had to equate faith with gullibility.

I like you, y'know. In spite of your occasional swipes at what I hold dear, I still think you're a decent guy.

So...how was the movie? The only person who would go see it with me is on vacation. :(

I loved the first one, but then I usually enjoy any movie with Johnny Depp in it. What a risk taker he is. Doesn't hurt that he has those drop-dead gorgeous eyes, and those perfect cheekbones, either. :)

Linda,

Re:"I like you, y'know. In spite of your occasional swipes at what I hold dear, I still think you're a decent guy."

Thank you for being so nice about it. I deserved worse but you're always a class act... even to hot heads like I can be sometimes. XOXOXOXO!!

Re:"So...how was the movie? The only person who would go see it with me is on vacation."

We enjoyed it! A real Summer swashbuckler full of fun. If I had one beef about both this one and the original its that you can make just as good a pirate movie without bringing in all the supernatural. Tyrone Power didn't need spectral forces in The Black Swan and Errol Flynn didn't need to battle ghosts in arguably the BEST swashbuckler ever made.. Captain Blood. But in this latest installment (they filmed part 3 at the same time to be released next Summer) the whole thing is about (and I'm not giving anything away) finding the dead yet at the same time very much alive Davy Jones' still beating heart in Davy Jones' locker. Get it? Dead man's chest? Pu-uleeze!

Also.. it runs too long for my tastes.. 2 1/2 hours! Thought my bladder was going to burst and I didn't even have anything to drink during the movie. But.. yeah.. its enjoyable fluff. :)

sudo

So...how was the movie? The only person who would go see it with me is on vacation. :(

I loved the first one, but then I usually enjoy any movie with Johnny Depp in it. What a risk taker he is. Doesn't hurt that he has those drop-dead gorgeous eyes, and those perfect cheekbones, either. :)

Linzee... come on over! I'll go with you! ...also, anytime you want to borrow any Depp DVDs let me know, I think he's to be counted among the top 5 living actors... of course, that's just my opinion, there was a Bio of him on A&E this month maybe it'll repeat...

see ya when you get here!

Exsie:

If Oldies isn't pulling our legs, he asked for it to be deleted. I guess you can do that if you start a thread. *shrug*

It was about the plane crashing into the Pentagon on Sept. 11 being a hoax. There was a link to a video about it. But then Sudo checked it on snopes and it was supposed to be bogus. The hoax was a hoax.

Dear Tom Stranger in the Night and in the Day:

I wish you lived closer, cuz I'd take you up on that! I could buy the popcorn and you could buy the (what else?) Sno-Cones! Alas, you live tooooo far away.

{{Sudo}}

Oh, and P.S. I share your admiration of Johnny Depp, Tom. I think he's the finest young actor on the planet. He's done the roles he wanted to do, he isn't afraid to disguise his incredible good looks, he isn't afraid to make "little" movies. He always knocks my socks off.

Okay, I was interested in Sudo's response to my post to him. Now the whole thing is gone.

What's up?

Yup --- saw it at work, but couldn't view the link.

Got home -- and *Poof* -- it had disappeared. :)

Have seen some *documentary* about this on PACT ---

(Public Access Cable Television) ---

and was curious if this was from the same folks.

Oh well -- won't know now --- eh?

Not So Fast...........

How do we REALLY know it was Oldies? It may have been an imposter perhaps a shape shifter. Did you ask him the secret PFAL password? This may be part of the cover-up. Do we have a video of this request? And what is this guy doing hanging around in the back booth?

http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~mdownes/bdhome/csm1.jpg

Edited by WhiteDove