GreaseSpot Cafe

The Best of Times

danteh1

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and everyone has their own unique perspective...

From where I view things, I still have to agree with George...

Maybe some folks need to romanticize about the "good times" in order to convince themselves that they didn't waste a significant amount of their lives....I believe that the splinter groups are full of people like that...and good for them.

If you're a decent and caring person, then all the decent and caring things that you have done in your life have value...including the decent and caring things you did while in twi...

...BUT, I for one will not give twi any credit for my own personal decency and caring, nor will I disguise a flim flam organization that used and abused people for anything other than what is was/is.

...but, but, but you say, "the people in my twig were so wonderful and we had such good times."...yeah, and the beast was picking your bones while you were singing "tempted and tried"...

They lied to us in God's name...and for that I will not cut them any slack.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Groucho,

I agree wholeheartedly that

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and everyone has their own unique perspective...

Guess we can agree that we disagree, and our perspectives are different, like in the following points:

Reminiscing is not always romanticizing, although in can be

Being thankful is very different from trying to convince oneself

Greatly benefitting from an alliance is very different from wasting one’s life from an alliance.

Suda

I remember a lot of good times with other believers. Good fellowships. Great times with friends. It was my last two years of collage the the first 1.5 years out.

We all came here for differant reasons. I came here to try and find old friends and remember the good times. Some people come here to work off the hurt and frustration.

Be positive and look at the good things. Sometimes life just sucks.

Yes I got out in 79 before things went bad. Doesn't mean everything was great either. If it had been I would have stayed.

What I'm trying to say is that everyone had a good time at some time. Or why did you stay in?

Coolchef--------You really nailed it for me when you pointed to 1.)love and 2.) good people . I am not the only one in my family to have been involved with TWI, simply the first. When I first saw things i thought were not right I was concerned and reluctant to discuss them with my family. Here is where the fear comes in. They thought of me as sort of a trailblazer and I wasn't really sure my suspicions were any more than just that. I feared they might feel the trail I had "pioneered" for them was not as it seemed. I think the fear of disappointing them definately affected decisions I made. To go home and admit you may have been wrong would have been tough because it somehow says they were wrong to listen to you in the first place.Today, when I apologize to them for getting them involved, They almost invariably tell me they are thankful their involvement introduced them to so many wonderful, loving people. Many of them became lifelong friends.--------The Best of Times?"--------I don't think you will find it on a calender or a clock because they seem to freeze time in one place. " The Best of Times" are the times we stop to reflect on GOD's love and great friends we have met and are continuing to meet ( And yes that includes the ones who live in cyberville)