GreaseSpot Cafe

Were there any actual Biblical Scholars in TWI?

markomalley

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I John 3:1:

QUOTE(jardinero @ Aug 14 2006, 07:57 PM) *

Mark:

Wayne Clapp at the Indiana Campus (dean for many years) had a Master of something degree and was pursuing a doctorate, but I don't think I recall him actually teaching, just getting his freebee education courtesy of the slave corps.

J.

I believe Wayne was a Harvard Graduate. Wayne not teaching, I think you must be mistaken about that. Rev. Clapp is an awesome teacher.

I was in residence from 1984-1986 in Family XI. Actually, Wayne was the dean during that time but did not teach any classes (he did teach an occasional Sunday service). He was the administrator of the academic program as dean and attended classes (towards his degree) nearly the entire time we were there. I was the office manager for the Word Processing dept. during that time and worked closely with his office - - because we typed all the transcripts that went out. I was NOT saying that he was not a good teacher - - he did fine on the few Sundays he was allowed to teach. Most of the instructors during those years were adjunct faculty from the field or VPW himself his last year of his life.

J.

Edited by jardinero

• 2 weeks later...
I remember that Rev. Tr@cy used to say something like this:

The Way is just a bunch of young kids playing church.

I often think about that statement.

:eusa_clap: welp, that about sums it up rather nicely and accurately! :eusa_clap:

Welcome, Imagine!!

Could I buy you a Mint Julep? :wink2:

Imagine, did you take your screen name from the Contemporary praise song "I can only imagine"? Welcome toGreasespot Cafe. May I suggest North Carolina Barbeque?