GreaseSpot Cafe

The twi hierarchy and flow chart.

WordWolf

While I'm on the subject,

let's have a moment to discuss the stratified society that was/is twi,

and the pecking order,

and who salutes who.

We had the spiritual empties-those who never took the class,

or weren't born again, depending on who was teaching that night and in what year.

We had people in twi but hadn't taken the foundational (pfal) class.

We had people who took the foundational, but not the intermediate.

We had people who took the foundational and intermediate, but not the advanced class.

See, here's where my own chart breaks down.

There were wows and advanced-class grads.

There were coordinators of various types.

There was the college division.

Ok, to the twig coordinator saluted to the branch coordinator,

who saluted the territory coordinator,

who saluted the limb coordinator,

who saluted the regional coordinator,

who saluted the trunk coordinator,

who saluted the bod.

THAT part's easy to see.

But where did the other positions-like worldwide outreach-fit in?

Where did those other positions fit?

What about the reverends?

Recognized corp?

wows that went twice?

And other stuff I've never heard of?

Don't forget the wild cards--

(1)Those lower level leaders who are related to high mucka mucks. They have power and protection because of their connections. And they use it.

(2)Believers with wealth, especially inherited wealth, that don't have to work 40 hr a week jobs and belong to country clubs etc. They have more pull than their rank would indicate. Also, they are in good graces because they can afford to go to all the advances etc.

Don't forget the wild cards--

(1)Those lower level leaders who are related to high mucka mucks. They have power and protection because of their connections. And they use it.

(2)Believers with wealth, especially inherited wealth, that don't have to work 40 hr a week jobs and belong to country clubs etc. They have more pull than their rank would indicate. Also, they are in good graces because they can afford to go to all the advances etc.

3) Believers with famous names/name recognition like football players, judges, etc.

They were given awards they never earned (Tony Collins got a wow pin) or got recognition

otherwise (like the judge whom even vpw didnt think was right for taking the stage-

but ok'd him because he was famous.)

As someone pointed out, they were trotted out as if they were

"pfal success stories",

despite them achieving their accomplishments BEFORE pfal.

WW, um, if I may say something.........

How do you expect anybody who knows anything, to contribute here?

By typing and hitting the "post" button.

Bramble seems to have figured it out without difficulty.

Your attitude is contencious.

Pretty much everything I posted came from one thread or another from

the GSC, and can be found here.

And was said by other people, not me.

And a large part of my initial post was questions.

And the "undocumented" part was "the way tree",

which I thought was common knowledge.

Where did I get contentious,

and where did my attitude come in?

(Before this question, I mean.)

When I was in Houston I had a gal in my "WOW team" that was the youngest sister of a "heavy hitter" he was a 4th corps, reverend, in Pressed Down.

She tried to invoke big brotha's name - but it got her nowhere. Even her brother told her to walk her own walk.

This was 1980-81.

Not everyone who wanted to be saluted got saluted. My point is that for some, family of the "heavy revvies" was worth saluting. I personally was never told - as Corps - that I needed to bow to someone because of their family ties. Now, I DID witness that bowing - but this was because some folks thought that spirituality was genetic. I did not.

BTW - I "saluted" no one. If they earned my respect and trust they got it, else they were just another person trying to serve God. Then again, I was told I'd never amount to much as a leader........

Oh well.

Edited by doojable

if you weren't corps (or in a few rare cases, famous), you were at the bottom of the ladder. Not that I was looking to climb a ladder, but we all knew it was there.

I was wow, advanced class grad, twig coordinator, state bookstore manager, PFAL class instructor twice, among other things.

All I ever heard when in my home state was that if i was going to REALLY serve God, I'd go in the corps.

When I moved to Ohio, and Lord help me St Marys for a year (long story), I was as invisible as one could be. I have never been lonelier in my life than when I lived next to way HQ.

The advantage of having a high muck a muck relative( in the nineties, in the area I lived in then) was having an ear to someone higher than the branch/limb corps. If Branch/limb corps tried to come down on someone they were stalled.

For a few years we had that same type of political protection because we had a limb coord who was a pal from the 'old days.' Kept the micromanaging sob off our back.

Also, tale bearing was common in the nineties--it was part of keeping the household clean. Being able to tattle on a limb coord to your supportive Prez cabinet relative--and having subsequent action taken against the LC --was a power card that was played more than once.

People were even reproved for not tattlingas in 'You knew this(weakness in someone's life) was going on!' It was part of what made friendships become distant...and political manipulators could keep the heat on others and off themselves.

Gender was an issue, too. By the late nineties married women were with out a voice or an opinion that could be voiced. Everything was related through the head.

In the late nineties I no longer felt my husband was the head, anyway. Our HFC was. He could make decisions about our budget, scheduling, child rearing...that we were expected to follow .

I remember people, including myself, having what I'll call a "trophy" mentality. " If we could only win over this famous musician or that famous athlete or some prestigious community leader" it would be some sort of feather in our caps. It has since struck me to be a bit like cutting in line at the movies, as if they would automatically qualify for a privilaged rank in the body. In other words, the hierarchy could be fudged( at least at the lower levels) if it was perceived that this would help recruitment efforts. I guess the flow chart didn't always flow in a predictable direction. At least that's my take on the pecking order.

3) Believers with famous names/name recognition like football players, judges, etc.

They were given awards they never earned (Tony Collins got a wow pin) or got recognition

otherwise (like the judge whom even vpw didnt think was right for taking the stage-

but ok'd him because he was famous.)

As someone pointed out, they were trotted out as if they were

"pfal success stories",

despite them achieving their accomplishments BEFORE pfal.

Ain't THAT the truth!

I personally knew some folks (won't mention their names) that had achieved world class recongnition in their field BEFORE entering twi...In fact, at the same time that they were achieving their success, they were denouncing twi as a cult!...Wierwille and Martindale BOTH flew into town to court them...two years later Wierwille was marching them on the main stage at the roa!

...made me sick.