GreaseSpot Cafe

today's dear abby

excathedra

MAN WHO INSISTS ON BEAR HUGS SHOULD BE EXPOSED AS A WOLF

DEAR ABBY:

There's a man in our community I'll call "Uncle Harry." Uncle Harry is in his mid-70s and considers himself one of the finest Christians in the area. Many of us, however, know this to be an exaggeration.

The main problem with Uncle Harry is his insistence on hugging almost all the women he comes in contact with. These "hugs" are not chaste, loose hugs about the shoulders. Uncle Harry insists on bear hugs, where he puts both arms around the woman and presses her breasts against his chest. Occasionally, his hands will also drift to the area of the buttocks.

Several women have complained, and family members have cautioned Uncle Harry about his behavior. He will stop temporarily, and then start up again in a few days. He has convinced himself that all these women want to hug him, but I have seen the expressions on the faces of some of his hug victims, and most are not at all happy. The women are hesitant to complain because Uncle Harry's wife IS one of the finest Christians in the area.

What can be done about Uncle Harry? I see him as a sexual predator, but he insists his hugs are just an example of his fine Christian fellowship. -- NO HUGS, PLEASE, IN ALABAMA

--

DEAR NO HUGS, PLEASE:

Because the complaints have been ignored, a dose of aversion therapy might dampen the ardor of lecherous Uncle Harry. I recommend that the ladies who are offended by his behavior form a "united front." By this I mean, agree to put thumb tacks in your brassieres (facing outward, of course) when you know you'll be seeing him. I predict that if you do, he will hug you less enthusiastically from then on.

Seriously, any woman who objects to Uncle Harry's "hugs" needs to open her mouth and tell him so in no uncertain terms. Enough is enough.

didn't i recently start a thread about wierwille being reincarnated :blink:

:blink:

To me a hug (from the side with the arm around the back and hand on the opposit arm) would be appropriate.

OR -- a full hug (short, IF offered first) would be appropriate. But what you have told EX is well beyond the point of the accepted "norm" of a hug.

This person needs to be told that his behavior is not accepted as offered by him and the way he is doing it. :nono5::nono5:

As much as I'm chuckling about the "thumbtacks in the bra" suggestion, my thoughts about this are:

What the man is doing is assault. He is not ignorant that what he is doing is wrong.

Several women have complained, and family members have cautioned Uncle Harry about his behavior.

Yet he keeps on doing it.

But...

Putting thumbtacks in apparel with the intent to stick them in someone is also assault. Perhaps not the best solution.

The pastor, deacon, priest, whatever of this church needs to have a one-on-one with this guy, and emphasize what he is doing is wrong, it is assault, people will leave the church if it doesn't stop or Uncle Harry will be asked to leave the church, he could be arrested and jailed because of his actions, or even worse, the husband of one of the fondled women might just beat the living .... out of him.

He needs someone he respects telling him how wrong this is.

(I keep thinking about those cone bras Madonna used to wear in her performances. That might work! ;) )

didn't i recently start a thread about wierwille being reincarnated

you did, i was reading this at breakfast yesterday and was thinking the same thing- alittle too strange -especially the name and him being the greatest christian blahblahblah .

I've seen this movie before!

maybe Wierwille really was right about the same devil spirits doing the same things over and over in different people :spy:

Edited by mstar1

What would be appropriate to 'VOICE' in these situations?

'You're hurting my breast'

'Only my husband touches my butt'

'Wife not givin’ you enough at home'?

My husband reminds me of a young woman in the way, who after meeting him for the FIRST time greeted him with a BIG LONG WET KISS, INCLUDING HER TONGUE! (totally unexpected!)

She has graduated from the 17th Corps and lives in Texas with her husband, running a Branch last I heard... being sexual was a BIG part of TWI....

The inappropriate sexual spirit lives on...