GreaseSpot Cafe

It baffles me

Bramble

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Acts 2:21

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:20-22 (in Context) Acts 2 (Whole Chapter)

Acts 2:47

Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Acts 2:46-47 (in Context) Acts 2 (Whole Chapter)

Acts 4:12

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 4:11-13 (in Context) Acts 4 (Whole Chapter)

Acts 11:14

Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

Acts 11:13-15 (in Context) Acts 11 (Whole Chapter)

Acts 15:1

And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

Acts 15:1-3 (in Context) Acts 15 (Whole Chapter)

Acts 15:11

But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Acts 15:10-12 (in Context) Acts 15 (Whole Chapter)

Acts 16:30

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Acts 16:29-31 (in Context) Acts 16 (Whole Chapter)

Acts 16:31

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Acts 16:30-32 (in Context) Acts 16 (Whole Chapter)

Well that's just Acts STL.

But I was thinking that the Lord does the saving not us.

A certain hearing ear and seeing eye.

That takes time sometimes,

but will happen.

Sonner or Later cause who will change what has been done.

Yet not seen yet.

To search it out takes more then scripture but seen in the scripture when happening. Seen, that is in your mind, from what you know of it, and also what you know of other things and greatly that which you do not know that you will.

I'm interested in scripture but not as a study guide or doctrinal source. But that which comes from the heart of men and women. That will not be chapter and verse but the Word as it lives in a soul. I like hearing from a heart, from what is really inside of us. The kingdom of God is within you. And others.

All I can advise is listen to a few that care. God is Love and Love is God.

And it certainly is not limited to 'christians'.

Is Moses saved? Joshua? Many others?

Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Zionist pigs...lol...

All who call will be saved. And eventually it's the only call left to make.

What these other religions teach is Christ to a great degree.

It's just not called Christ. Don't change what it is though.

What really happened with what one Jesus did?

And why does it say the same yesterday today and forever?

What has been, is. What is, is, what will be is.

Before Abraham, I am. So it's a matter of opening our eyes to it.

Then the seed sprouts, the promised seed within.

Christ is within and without. Surrounding us. Takes some quiet to hear and see it.

The glory will be revealed in us, so where does Christ come from?

it will not be the saved who will be concerned with the fire. Acts is talking to the saved . from what? not death they are already dead by now they are saved from the fire or the second death which is permanent .

Romans 10:9 and 10 covers salvation.

I do not know what temple lady believes so i can not comment on how many miles we have between or within or about.

Abby again i could care less about who is right or wrong Im convinced Jesus is LORD of my life and it is enough for me and IM the only one Im accountable for .

God knows His own temple lady , God knows how to get the job done everyone will have a choice to believe or not. as I stated before some mortals will be raised at the return of Jesus Christ (yes some unbelievers will live in the 1000 year reign, they will be IMmmortal not impersihable like those already saved. and they will live without spirit during the 1000 year reign of Christ, during this time people will be getting born again and having a choice they will have babys and live much like adam and eve did and Jesus wil be the KING in the flesh !!! they will also die they are mortal .

they will have the chance then to make Jesus LORD, or not, like we do today.

it a series of events, a war will take place judgement and rewards will happen the study of the end times is not a little bit of learning and is very exciting. In the very end as we truly enter the Kingdom God makes for our life eternal satan is burned to ash and NO one wil ever be able to die again , Jesus Christ will give the authority over to God once again.

At that point temple lady everyone has had oppurtunity to chose christ as their Saviour or not. Jesus is a very fair loving kind of guy you know. and God is indeed quite capable of taking care of His people .

if your truly interested in the events of the last days and times read the books I suggested such as the Hope by JOHN S. you will have so much comofort for any of your questions concerning scripture and the promises of God.

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Would probably have to meet this Jesus to say he is Lord and believe it...

from the heart....

He will come....

Baptism for the dead.

Should I drop dead in the next 50 years, I personally would have no objection to

having a Mormon, Catholic, Jew, Buddhist, Muslim, Zoroastrian, Pagan , Athiest, Republican,

Liberal, or any number of countless religions 'n cults 'n philosophies praying for my soul.

Actually I find the thought very touching, of a complete stranger making a spiritual gesture on behalf of my soul for its eternal well-being.

Who knows, someone out of that plethora just might hit the secret passcode to activate the gates of heaven,

allowing my lost soul entrance. This will be very helpful should I turn out incorrect in my present conclusions.

TIA.

:)

Danny

Edited by TheInvisibleDan

someone out of that plethora just might hit the secret pass code to activate the gates of heaven,

allowing my lost soul entrance

even if you are never baptized in the hereafter by an LDS person dong baptisms that doesn't mean you won't get to heaven

'in my fathers house are many mansions....."

Christ and God are the judges of mans heart,

"Judge not least ye be judged.....

that is the crux of the matter

I cannot nor may I if i did know judge another--to state that someone else is going to hell because of their beliefs usurps the authority of God and places the declarer themselves in a perilous position

Who should I believe "KNOWS" what God really requires for me to be saved? templelady, pond, or dancing? Each has a different belief.

God knows.

pray about it . it is a relationship, a spirit filled relationship that will fill you up with the the answers to your life , today and for all eternity.

God is real and He loves you very much, just talk to Him about your concerns and he will help you in everything you wonder about.

God cares about you, He wants you to Live forever in eternity with His Son Jesus Christ and and family, talk to HIM he will show you Jesus and you will Know.

Edited by pond

Well, one of my all-time favorite people to listen to is/was Watchman Nee (he died in 1972, but his words live on in books that tell his story).

He was arrested by the communists in China where he lived (he died in prison after 12+ years of imprisonment for being a Christian, and "enemy of the state").

Before he was arrested he had been publicly maligned and ostracized, and he and his wife were outcasts because of the charges laid against him and the communist public laws of associating with enemies of the state.

Before he was arrested, one of his previous supporters, railed on him, and spitting words at him, said, "you are a failure, you have failed God."

Indeed it was a low point in his life.

Watchman Nee asked the Lord if this were true, had he failed God?

God said, "No you haven't failed me."

And that was enough for Watchman Nee. Watchman Nee's God supported him through it all. It was said one could hear his distinctive voice singing hymns of worship and praise from the prison yard.

His wife would die, alone, when she fell in her house and no one was there to help. This occurred only a short time before Watchman Nee was scheduled to be released from prison.

When Watchman Nee heard his wife had died, he died. That was in 1972, I think. Most of his books were written by other people from notes of his lectures delivered before his imprisonment. Much of his published works he never reviewed or approved.

Indeed, although it was much maligned by twi, a relationship with the Lord, and being able to count on His comfort and guidance and strength is how we can keep going through days no matter how dark and dismal.

"Take it to the Lord in prayer" is a catch-all phrase in the truest sense, and it is also a light-hearted casting off of burdens, and it is deeply felt and meant as a solution to the queries of the soul.

Hoping still,

:offtopic: There is alot happening around Samhain. The weekend before there is a teen caravan/party to the Haunted House sites in the area, big fun, and most of them are for charity. Saturday night there is a 'Witches Ball' type party, but I am not planning on going, though I'm sure it will be really fun(and $). Two friends and I plan to get together--my good friend just got custody of her diabetic grandchild and is not able to leave the child with a sitter, so she is hosting and we are having our own little 'do.' She is Dianic, not Wiccan,so that will be interesting.

On Samhain there is an open circle, quite late after trick or treating, we'll see how my stamina holds out!

What are you and Reiki Lady doing?

:offtopic: We just ditched the coven that we were assocaited with, so I'm not sure what we'll be doing. Our company participates in a "Boo at the Zoo" fundaraiser; I usually dress up as a wizard or something with a prominant pentagram around my neck :evilshades:

Reikilady will be doing tarot raedings at a halloween aprty; I may go and help

I may howl at the moon at some point :dance:

The whole' those unbelievers are gonna get it' rejoicing, the gruesome deaths for the ones who didn't pick the right god at the right time, viewing others with different beliefs as enemies..and hell. Why does that appeal to people? What motivates people to believe those things? How do they reconcile it with love or justce?...

...In TWI there was no compassion, at least not after the first few years...I see other Christians who seem to see all the world as a devilish place and I wonder what they get out of it. Does it really make their lives more full and meaningful, bring them closer to their God? Do they sleep better at night, have more success in life?...

Sorry, Bramble – I don't think we've adequately addressed your first post – and it has some very meaty issues that I have wrestled with before! A key passage in Romans usually comes to mind:

Romans 2:4-16

4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

6 who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS:

7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;

8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.

9 There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek,

10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

11 For there is no partiality with God.

12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;

13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,

15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,

16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

…From the above passage it appears to me that: God will judge people – NOT on what they don't know [perhaps never even hearing of the Gospel] but on what they DO with what they do know. There are people who seek after the nobler things in life and usually take the high road. There are also some who are self-centered and whatever truth they do know – deliberately go against it. God will not show favoritism with anyone – but will be just and fair with each according to what they did on earth…

Verse 7 seems to imply that eternal life is given to those who persevere in doing good – in other words getting into heaven by good works. However, as I keep re-reading this section it hits me as beginning with outward appearances – what people do, what we can see – and then goes beneath the surface of what drives them – what is in their hearts – how they responded to that inner moral compass. Perhaps it is God honoring their "faith," their acting on what truth they do know [as God did in crediting righteousness to Abraham]. And I find it interesting that whether or not they heard the Gospel - the person that will judge these secrets of the heart is Jesus Christ! In my humble opinion that makes perfect sense – being the Son of Man [which by the way was how He most often referred to Himself] – He was human, He knows what it's like living in the world – and yet He is the Word made flesh – God's Law/God's Truth Incarnate!

When in TWI I used to be so hasty in writing someone off if they didn't accept my caricature of God, Jesus Christ, Christianity, etc. Now – I don't know – not saying I've got an accurate view of anything now – but I'm very aware of how limited MY VIEWPOINT of things is!!!! I don't think God was surprised when Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden – like He was caught off guard. And I bet God looks at people a whole lot differently than we do – I don't think He's in a quandary over what to do with the Aborigines who have never heard of Christ.

Edited by T-Bone

I'm going to have to read your post again, T bone because there is alot in there.

This probably isn't going to make any sense...but then I test out as one of those random abstract people hahah

The whole heaven and hell thing all comes down to what is good and what is evil...good should be rewarded, evil punished.

If there is One Truth that deals with how humans should live, act etc, and Jesus Christ is the example, teacher of that truth, then that truth has to be able to be applied to situations Jesus didn't live. He was never a soldier, or a politician, or a mother...so the truth has to be bigger than the literal chapter and verse. Something like a world view, perhaps. Attitude of heart.

But if the one truth is eternal...then it existed before Jesus walked on the earth. It would live not as the specific actions, like going to the temple, but more as a certain way of seeing, of a direction from the heart. If the one Truth made lives better, made people better, then there would be those in a society that would notice and speak of it, teach it.

Jesus, or the one truth...it would look different in different cultures or different situations, but it would be the actions, or really, the heart behind the actions that brings the healing, or the peace. The right thing at the right time.

I've met people like that.Some I knew were Christians, some not, some I don't know, but where they were, the world was a better place.

I've known TWIers who were very disciplined yet their influence on other people was just destructive . There's people like that in the pagan community, too, the 'witchier than thous'. Funny, totally different rules, disciplines, but their affect on others is the same type of distructiveness, because it is what is on the inside coming out.

This probably isn't going to make any sense...but then I test out as one of those random abstract people hahah...

The whole heaven and hell thing all comes down to what is good and what is evil...good should be rewarded, evil punished....

...I've met people like that.Some I knew were Christians, some not, some I don't know, but where they were, the world was a better place.

There's a LOT in your post, Bramble - and it makes a lot of sense to me...I find myself agreeing with many of your points....What continues to draw me to Grease Spot is the variety of viewpoints. I no longer perceive viewpoints different from mine as threatening. And really - I must admit sometimes I've even got a subtle nudge to my noggin that I may need to expand my concept of something in the Bible from someone who isn't a Christian! Perhaps I'm stating the obvious if you get the drift of my previous post. :)