GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Wow's in MN??????

vickles

"looks like it's a suburb of tacoma."

Yeah, curiousity got the best of me and I looked at a map.

I guess I've heard of the place, now that I think about it. And I've no doubt driven right past it on numerous occasions, just never paid it any mind.

Fortunately, it's a good hour or so drive, so it's not likely I'll run into the poor deluded dweebs...

Oh, and yeah, when we drove to the ROA, we'd usually follow I-90 to I-94, then sort of meander south around Wisconsin...

Ahhhh - Google Maps takes you the 94 to 90 route, but Yahoo and Mapquest are different -

Google's route says it is about 40 hours (2,360 mi)

Yahoo takes the driver to I-29N toward Sioux City to catch I-90 avoiding MN altogether

Mapquest takes me through southern MN this morning, but I swear it avoided MN altogether last night on my home puter.

To go that far into MN, they must be following 94 all the way which seems to be going quite a bit out of the way given that 94 merges back into 90 in MT. :blink:

Stewartville MN is off of I-90.

Through the years of traveling back and forth from New Knoxville to Seattle Washington (about 15 years if it) we found that I-90 was the best way to go. I-94 always had awful detours to follow and I-90 was Interstate most of the way.

Hey is there actually a Greasespot bumper sticker? Too bad I didn't have one of those...it might have gotten interesting. Or they would have run..... :biglaugh:

Let's see.....I suppose they couldn't send those poor folks anyplace warm for the winter, could they? Folks from Florida having to tough it out in WA or MI for the winter? :ph34r: Those poor folks don't even own anything warmer than a sweatshirt to have shipped to them.

Now, isn't that spay-shul? Looking out for the household, aincha, rosie? How very Jesus-like. Wonderful, just wonderful!

"looks like it's a suburb of tacoma."

Yeah, curiousity got the best of me and I looked at a map.

I guess I've heard of the place, now that I think about it. And I've no doubt driven right past it on numerous occasions, just never paid it any mind.

Fortunately, it's a good hour or so drive, so it's not likely I'll run into the poor deluded dweebs...

Oh, and yeah, when we drove to the ROA, we'd usually follow I-90 to I-94, then sort of meander south around Wisconsin...

Geo,

I know you know seattle like the back of your hand and I'm wondering if University Place is off of University Ave by the College. That would be more logical to go than towards Tacoma if your aiming at young people again.....But then logic is not one of twi's strong points, now is it???? :rolleyes:

Belle,

Seattle doesn't get that cold like in Michigan but you do need a coat during the winter time. It does rain a lot there. Now that I live in Minnesota I appreciate the weather more in Seattle because it does get ssssooooo cold here. I laugh at these people because they get so depressed when it rains. I feel like dancing..... :dance::dance::dance:

Edited by vickles

Vickles,

No, University Place is about halfway between Steilacoom and Tacoma. It's a bit off of the I-5 corridor, which is why I have never been through it.

I can't imagine how they picked that little town as a place to send their W.O.W.s. Just thankful it wasn't Everett or Marysville or Mt.Vernon, where there's a good chance I'd run into them.

Did I ever mention that I have an irresistable draw on any nutcakes in my general vacinity? It's horribly true. If there's anyone within a 4 or 5 mile radius of me with a rather tenuous grasp on reality they IMMEDIATELY feel compelled to come over and be my friend.

Just lucky I guess...

Quote by George:

"Did I ever mention that I have an irresistable draw on any nutcakes in my general vacinity? It's horribly true. If there's anyone within a 4 or 5 mile radius of me with a rather tenuous grasp on reality they IMMEDIATELY feel compelled to come over and be my friend.

Just lucky I guess..."

ROFLMAL!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh: They're coming to get you Geo!

Quote by Vickles:

"Seattle doesn't get that cold like in Michigan but you do need a coat during the winter time. It does rain a lot there. Now that I live in Minnesota I appreciate the weather more in Seattle because it does get ssssooooo cold here. I laugh at these people because they get so depressed when it rains. I feel like dancing....."

I relate to that statement about dancing when it rains. I remember the freshness of the air when I lived in Portland. I can't wait to go back. There is no place like the Great Pacific Northwest!

Edited by Nottawayfer

Sorry I've been off line for a couple of days.

Geo,

Hey we have a lot in common. They seem to be attracted to me. I think of it as a shedding dog and I get the leftover fur. :blink:

If you remember when twi was huge Wow's went to the little teeny weeny towns. It would be a whole lot smarter to go to the big cities. When I was in Ohio near headquarters we were always going to those little towns to help the Wow's out because of the towns not liking them.

I miss the rain...... :(