GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Wow's in MN??????

vickles

I was minding my own business about ready to pump gas at a gas station/convience store when a bunch of cars pulled up surrounding me. First I notice a couple of good looking young men smiling at me in one of the cars. I thought what nice engaging young kids these are. The one guy gets out and has a notebook in his arms or what we used to call a syllabus. It had bold words in green saying THE WAY across it. I take a look at the cars surrounding me and they are from all different parts of the country.....Florida, Ohio, Illnois...etc. I notice the cars have green bumper stickers on the back of their cars and all of them read THE WAY and something about a biblical research thing.

My son calls from the other side of the jeep and runs to me screaming its 'The Way'. I told him yes it is go back in the car, trying to look non excited.

We were in a small town called Stewartville Minnesota. It looked like they were traveling north on Hwy 63. Now where were they going? What were they doing? And why the heck did they not witness to me????? My son says one girl was starting towards him but he clicked the locks on and she walked away. I guess I'm too old.

One person payed for all of them. When I went in the cashiers were talking about how weird it was to have all them cars get gas and only one person pay for all of them.

Now is this strange? I thought twi was falling? Is there a renewal? Are they doing the Minnesota thing like so many years ago?

All these questions. I did get a kick out of all these twi people. Most of them were young and so exicted. Just like I was in the 70's. They all looked so clean cut and looked very geeky to me. LOL

What do you all think???????? Weird!!!! :blink:

I don't know what's more frightening-that picture or suddenly surrounded by Way bumper stickers. :biglaugh:

"My son calls from the other side of the jeep and runs to me screaming its 'The Way'. I told him yes it is go back in the car, trying to look non excited."

You have a smart, son, there, Vickles. "Stranger danger" becomes "Way danger"!

I was once in the parking lot of my grocery store in Ft Worth with a friend, pulling in to get some bbq supplies, when I spotted a old car, Wowmobile like, with a green Way sticker. Since it had been at least 15 years since I had seen one, even I was surprise my my reaction. My friend noticed that I turned white and started to shake a little, enough for her to ask what was wrong. Of course I couldn't explain it. I just parked as far away as I could, and shopped at another market for a while.

Strange, huh?

Wow, that picture is pretty scary :confused: About the same as being surrounded... :sleep1: lol

My son is 16 years old now and have heard all the stories. I realized that the stories he has heard most likely is the most negative. He probably almost had heart failure to be surrounded like that. No wonder he locked the doors....No one was going to talk him about going in a cult...no way jose... :nono5:

I was rather surprised at my own reaction since I hadn't been around anyone from twi for over 20 years. I'm now trying to figure out if its starting to rise up. Maybe their doing the Minnesota Harvest movement like they did in the 70's.

BTW, where did you find a picture like that? :evilshades:

I hear that there were about 35 adults who went WD. One group (8-10 adults) is going to University Place, WA, so that's probably who you had the pleasure of seeing although I'm not sure why they had to go through MN unless they were dropping some other WDs off in MN?

There is a group (8-10) staying at HQ and working on staff :rolleyes: Must still be having a hard time suckering folks into going on staff... Anyway, this group is going to be witnessing in Sydney. Those poor folks around HQ.... I wonder if they have signs by their doorbell telling TWI folks they aren't interested.

Hmmmm....I looked up routes on Yahoo! Maps and Mapquest. Both places go south of MN and the trip was estimated at 35 hours. When I plugged in going from New Knoxville to Stewartville to University Place it gave the travel time as 59 hours.... did I do something wrong?

Thats about right, Belle. I think. There were a lot of hours and many years of traveling from New Knoxville to Washington State and it took days to get there. So my guess is its about right.

Dear David. I never thought you would respond.

I was thinking maybe they were off to the cities after it was posted about a twi sight that was Bill Standfords. Like trying to get things back into control.... :dance::dance::dance:

But nada, I guess we didn't do too much damage.... :rolleyes:

I had no idea that it changed. I guess since there is no longer a ROA there is no need to send them out in August anymore. Good thinking... :eusa_clap: Now kids can be late to sign up for school.

Oh yeah, TWI doesn't think about kids.. :thinking: