GreaseSpot Cafe

The time Capsule

Dot Matrix

When did this happen??

I never heard about it,

nor did I contribute.

What was their timeline, for the *resurrection*?

Am guessing it took place *on the grounds*,

so none will be invited to the *exhumation*,

whenever THAT might take place.

Just ask Doug Mc***** about the price for something similar.

What happens in New Knoxville, stays in New Knoxville.

*Unbelievers* --- not welcome.

You are NEVER welcome at the way --

if you've ever fellowshipped with us in the past. :asdf:

Edited by dmiller

I don't know if it is true but I also remember hearing that a "time capsule" was built into the structure.

I may have heard it at the same time and place as WG. Maybe someone will find it when the building is razed someday and they "roll away" the debris.

So many meetings and announcements,who could keep track?

Time capsule?...Seems to ring a bell with me...Isn't that where they buried the list of all the people that Wierwille plagiarized from?...and the list of names of all of Wierwille's sexual conqusts?...along with a full bottle of drambuie and his glass eye?

...bet that eye would bring some real bucks on Ebay.

In the summer of 1969, John Dawson was looking to showcase his songs while Jerry Garcia was looking to practice his brand new pedal steel guitar. The two played in coffeehouses and small clubs initially, and the music they made became the nucleus for a band—the New Riders of the Purple Sage.

That same year, David Nelson, expert in both country and rock guitar, joined the group on electric lead guitar. Filling out the rhythm section in those early days were Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart and engineer Bob Matthews on bass, who was later replaced by Phil Lesh.

In 1970, Dave Torbert took over on bass and the New Riders played every chance they got. Soon enough, smoky clubs all over the San Francisco bay area were filling up with whooping, foot-stomping crowds as their music got tighter and more dynamic.

They began to tour extensively with the Dead, and in December of 1970, Spencer Dryden, who had previously showed his impeccable drumming style with the Jefferson Airplane, had stepped in on drums.

Jerry Garcia was the first pedal steel player -- and when he left NRPS --

he was replaced by Buddy Cage.

:B)

Woops!! --- this part of the quote didn't make it into the previous post.

One of the many gigs with the Dead included the Trans-Canadian Festival Express with Janis Joplin, The Band, and other American and Canadian artists like Ian and Sylvia, who had with them a brilliant, innovative pedal steel player named Buddy Cage.

When Garcia's busy schedule made it increasingly difficult for him to play with the New Riders, the talented Cage was the perfect choice to fill the pedal steel spot. He moved from Toronto where he had been working in Anne Murray's band, to California in the fall of 1971 to join the New Riders.

With the addition of Cage, the New Riders emerged as a fully independent unit. An excitingly creative band with a special brand of music—sweet country harmonies mixed with pulsing rock rhythms.

Hmmmmm. This REALLY belongs in THE GUITAR THREAD!!

:)

Well...C'mon Chas, you gonna keep us sittin' on the edge of the chair...or are you gonna spill the beans? :)

Ummmm....

Remember the Looney Tunes episode with Michigan J. Frog?

Well... he was found in a cornerstone of a building that was being demolished... :wink2:

(I'm saying that Michigan J. Frog is in the time capsule in the WOW Auditorium cornerstone!)

That's right is was when they built the auditorium.

My WOW pin is in that thing. I think we wrote letters and stuff to the future people. I am sure I wrote something queer about standing on the Word forever or something.

I wish I had written something like, this was once a successful cult.

Groucho - ha your post was funny.