GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI was great

Patrick and Sarah

Is CK Mike?

No. Ck is in Ohio (if I recollect correct), and Mike is in San Diego.

Also -- Ck is a young'un (20 or so years old), and Mike is mid 50's.

To Mike's credit --- Ck can't hold a candle to the docvic/ pfal stuff like Mike does.

Mike actually referrences books, etc., while Ck just spews hate.

Fer what it is worth --- I would rather listen to Mike any day of the week.

At least with him, I know where the topic will go,

and what to expect of the thread.

CKM -- this isn't a slam. Was just answering a question.

I promised to be nice -- remember? ;)

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...Let's see here. CK has decided that "thinking" is not a good thing to do. Afterall, utilizing our 5 senses invariably get us into "trouble"...and "listening to our feelings" will put us into harm's way.

I would sure love to know why God gave us 5 senses and feelings. why did he waste our time with that? if no one gives me a good reason, I'm going to quit using them. I'm not going to waste my time any further with such misleading sensory input as what I see in front of my face or read or hear, and screw that whole "wow that's kinda hot" bullcrud! nor are my built-in responses to any of it worthy of my attention! from now on, I'm going to live wholey by the spirit!!

God, where's that "enter" key?

No. Ck is in Ohio (if I recollect correct), and Mike is in San Diego.

Also -- Ck is a young'un (20 or so years old), and Mike is mid 50's.

I was thinking of a different Mike, 23 years old with a similar username somewhere else.

I would sure love to know why God gave us 5 senses and feelings. why did he waste our time with that? if no one gives me a good reason, I'm going to quit using them. I'm not going to waste my time any further with such misleading sensory input as what I see in front of my face or read or hear, and screw that whole "wow that's kinda hot" bullcrud! nor are my built-in responses to any of it worthy of my attention! from now on, I'm going to live wholey by the spirit!!

God, where's that "enter" key?

Free Will or did you forget see God wants you to choose him, he didn't want to make the choice for you. Your 5 senses are there to make your own choice. Figure it out I am not here to hold your hand.

CK

agreed. CK leaves a lot of context out and speaks in generalities, which tends to be boring... I also have a request for you CK: read up on prepositions and how they're used... and another request: until you learn the basics of grammar, punctuation, and usage, could you refrain from any further attepts to infuse philosophical turns of phrase into your passages? they don't make you appear "deep" or "interesting".

Great I will look into that, anything else I have done wrong. Since you are so good at finding error. Pot, I am sure you won't mind if I call you that. You have no control over what I write, though I find it kinda funny that this is the best you can come up with. See I thought you had more passion and feeling, no just a english lesson, you dissapoint me with you lack of knowledge. Your recent posts have showed feeling and anger. You have lost sight of that in your trophy spelling. Try to find that back and maybe we can debate some more. Maybe this will bring back your anger

Dr.Wierwille was a great man who always taught to his fullest, and left no one behind. His light shined into darkness.

He will always be a thorn in the side of darkness, in this case the dark will not prevail

"It is the introduction of light that dispels darkness, not the introduction of darkness" Dr Wierwille

Maybe now you can find some more error in my sentance structure, or do you want to get back to the real issues of you as a person forsaking God. Then we can find out the true meaning of your life.

CK

P.S. Run-on sentences are normal, DEAL WITH IT!!

"The things in my life have no place for facts, just truth".

You see, CK, that is nothing more than "mumbo jumbo". I too remember hearing how "truth is everything and facts are nothing" or something to that effect. Is it fact or truth that you exhale to expell what you have inhaled? Perhaps it is both. If facts mean nothing , try forgetting to inhale sometime. Where exactly is that scripture that tells us facts are useless? The Bible is loaded with facts,CK, such as: "SO and SO" begat "What's His Name" who begat "Some Other Guy"and on and on. These are statements of fact. God must have thought facts to be pretty important because The Bible is chock full of them. Without facts how exactly would one trace the lineage of Jesus? Have you ever read the book that The Way published that shows the chronology of Jesus Christ? It's full of facts. So once again I ask you to simply state for the record what your background and experience with The Way and Dr. Wierwille is. Without doing at least that, it's difficult to really take anything you say seriously. And that's a fact!----BTW. It was God who gave us our five senses. Do you suppose he made a mistake? No one can walk entirely by the spirit . Read the gospels sometime and you will see plenty of examples of how Jesus excersised his five senses. And that's the truth!

Mike knows that I have little to no respect for him, that I think he espouses a dangerous and hateful doctrine.

I say that because I would rather spend a year with no one to talk to but Mike than spend a few minutes having to deal with ck.

Of course, if I ever have a choice like the one outlined above...

put the bullet... right here ---> :blink:

Your recent posts have showed feeling and anger. You have lost sight of that in your trophy spelling. Try to find that back and maybe we can debate some more. Maybe this will bring back your anger

blah blah blah

do you want to get back to the real issues of you as a person forsaking God. Then we can find out the true meaning of your life.

man, CK, this just about laid me out on the floor, I was laughing so hard! you are pretty far off the mark, since I haven't felt one iota of anything approaching anger over your posts. why should I? "the real issues" as you see them aren't a concern for me. "the true meaning" of my life is between me and God, and I don't remember either of us inviting you to the discussion. I'm not inclined to look for any anger that I never felt when I responded to any of your ramblings, believe me I was looking for entertainment only but now I think I'm bored because you don't say anything insightful or fresh. hate doesn't intrigue me.

Resurrecting this from THE SOAP OPERA FORUM for ckm:

Ya know -- having your grammar and spelling corrected or commented on ---

should actually be something to be appreciated, rather than disdained.

(Btw *grammar* has an *a* not an *e* before the final *r* in the word.

Even if that comes from us (with both ignorance blinding and arrogance crippling).

Because regardless of what you think of us (sorry losers that we are),

there's a big wide world out there -- and guess what??

You'll be judged by your words. God help you if they are written, rather than spoken.

You'll be convicted before you have a chance to say anything in person.

This is not a cheap shot at you -- just a friendly piece of advice.

If you were to try to even write a letter to the editor of your local paper (with your spelling and grammar) --

A -- I doubt they would print it; and

B -- if they did, you would be laughed at by the general populace for your vocabulary/ grammar

and spelling mistakes.

Honestly -- I would have NEVER graduated from high school with skills such as that.

So --- regardless of my views (or any of the others here) about docvic,

take the friendly advice from us (OLG GSCafer's) who can write a coherent thought --

correctly. It just makes sense! :)

(ps --- I'm deliberately not commenting on the rest of your post that I quoted.

I promised to be kind --- remember??) ;)

Spelling and grammar are the least of your *issues* (imo),

but they merit looking at and remedying.

But --- only if you want folks to take your verbosity seriously. :)

ck... God called you here to see the error of your ways... I'm glad you're hanging around... the more you do, the closer you come to seeing that error...

look into my eyes ck... look into my eyes :blink:

Your losing it, go have have some special time with a Way clergy man. This must be the best you can do, I mean you trying to come at all angles, but there is no flanking me. There is no way you will win, I have the high ground. Therefore you are talking up to me( Not that I mean talking up like, I'm better). You are fighing a fight that was over before it began. You have no power anymore remember, you can't just command people to change. This is so funny I think I will laugh, this is the best you can do. Every fifth post you have "You are getting closer and closer". What the hell, you have no power and I have no respect for you. What makes you think I need saving? This is just more of your idiot ways taking over. Make sure when you are looking at my signature it remains the same. That my old friend is a show of respect.

CK

man, CK, this just about laid me out on the floor, I was laughing so hard! you are pretty far off the mark, since I haven't felt one iota of anything approaching anger over your posts. why should I? "the real issues" as you see them aren't a concern for me. "the true meaning" of my life is between me and God, and I don't remember either of us inviting you to the discussion. I'm not inclined to look for any anger that I never felt when I responded to any of your ramblings, believe me I was looking for entertainment only but now I think I'm bored because you don't say anything insightful or fresh. hate doesn't intrigue me.

See I am glad you had a good time, before you were showing feeling. Now all we have are words, your boredom happened because of your loss of feeling. Believe me when I came on here before and I lost my feeling there was no need to post but I still did. When you lose feeling you post are blan and usually lame. Anger has a new kind of feeling and love has a feeling. In your post you tried both, neither of them being what you wanted. The reason you keep coming back is to hide weakness. Your weakness if from your lack of believing. Your limping through your post like a wounded animal. Your words are just words, they have no meaning. Your next question is Why am I here? You were driven here by you unbelief. See with myself I have no feeling for you, and I look to my personel hate for words. So there is still feeling, just the kind I dispose of here at GS. So you keep thinking and maybe when you get a brain we can talk.

CK

Love,hate,anger and feelings are all part of your emotional package,CK. They are all part of the five senses realm. So you see if you were to walk entirely by the spirit, your life would be void of these and other emotions. That doesn't sound like a very pleasant way to go through life,now does it?

You have made reference to your signature which states that you are of the conviction that Dr. Wierwille was an apostle. It is customary,when making such a statement, to offer some type of documentation or proof to validate your claim. Simple scriptural reference defining what an apostle is might be a good starting point.

Again I invite you to simply state your background and experience in a factual manner.

Without that, it's difficult to give credence to anything you post.

Merry Christmas,CK.

Free Will or did you forget see God wants you to choose him, he didn't want to make the choice for you. Your 5 senses are there to make your own choice. Figure it out I am not here to hold your hand.

CK

Free will? Is this the same TWI we're talking about?

The same TWI that uses "renew your mind" as a command to "do it my way or else"?

The same TWI that wants you to be dirt poor and not own anything?

The same TWI that used Nazi methods to indoctrinate its followers?

The same TWI who's founder and designated heir were both sexual predators?

Free Will are two 4 letter words at TWI.

The one and only (Thank the Gods) Attack Gypsy

I have no feeling for you, and I look to my personel hate for words. So there is still feeling, just the kind I dispose of here at GS.

CK

wow, everyone! he finally answered the question so many have posed, "why are you here?" and the official answer is GS is a repository for his hate!

I guess if he deposits it here he can hide his true self from the people he supposedly teaches the "Word" to. they'll never know this double life he leads, pretending to be the bishop as described in Titus (and expounded up by Mr. V. P. Wierwille in his study guide "order my steps in thy word" chapter 4) with his alleged flock of like-minded robots while his real self comes out in secret, someone so full of hate that he has to pour it out here upon people he judges worthy only of disdain (did he get all his information about us by revelation I wonder, in order to make his god-like pronouncements regarding our spiritual standing with God?).

CK, according to vpw, I thought leaders were supposed to act the same way everyone (i.e. temperate (mastery of self) and to exhort and convince the gainsayers, not by hate, but by "sound doctrine and errorless teaching"... but see, there is such an error in your practice because the responsibility to confront comes with the adherence to vpw's "family faith" which most of us care nothing for, having left it far behind on our path of personal growth. therefore, your confrontation is a waste of everyone's time. someone in your position should be good to all but especially good to your own little "household". I don't see you doing good here at all, just venting hate. I have never read in the bible or in vpw's books that it's ok to do that.

I agree with many people who tried to point out the right path to you early on, which is to post in other sections of the bbs instead of "About the Way". they graciously pointed out that ATW is for people exploring and recovering from their relationship with twi. your predilection for argument would find a better venue in "doctrinal".

I'm still laughing... the delusional can be entertaining from a distance... but people who are motivated by hate are a complete waste of time and the boredom I feel toward you and your histrionics has taken root pretty firmly in my soul, to the point that even if you say something interesting and apparently loving I'd probably make fun of you, so I think I'll ignore you now.

See I am glad you had a good time, before you were showing feeling. Now all we have are words, your boredom happened because of your loss of feeling. Believe me when I came on here before and I lost my feeling there was no need to post but I still did. When you lose feeling you post are blan and usually lame. Anger has a new kind of feeling and love has a feeling. In your post you tried both, neither of them being what you wanted. The reason you keep coming back is to hide weakness. Your weakness if from your lack of believing. Your limping through your post like a wounded animal. Your words are just words, they have no meaning. Your next question is Why am I here? You were driven here by you unbelief. See with myself I have no feeling for you, and I look to my personel hate for words. So there is still feeling, just the kind I dispose of here at GS. So you keep thinking and maybe when you get a brain we can talk.

CK

CK, I think your hatred and anger is misdirected. It should be focused towards the organization that has secretly neutralized your capacity to reason. And hampered by this acquired weakness you limp through the motions of lashing out at everyone – except for the one most deserving of your pent up anger and hatred – the one who's doctrine has done this to you - VPW. This pattern seems to repeat itself in your posts – and therefore it's appropriate that I repeat my reply to your post below:

Uh, well he said he had his schedule clear for you, in case you have a relapse. To bad you must be a hand full. You know what this is alot better than last time, I just let the stupid GS overwhelm me. Now I can use my anger and hate towads you and blow off steam. Since the anger and hate has more power then your then you in general. Here is a question why should I be nice?? So that when I am loving and kind I get it thrown right back at me. Nope, not this time, this time I am not going to be nice or loving. The people who I am loving to are grateful and meek people. So when you say to me that I am wrong check you bible first.

For it is writtten: And he(Jesus) looked about them with anger.

There are times with your walk with God that you must get angry. This is a perfect example, you know the truth and you avoid it.

CK

There are times as you limp along with your cumbersome idol that you will experience anger and confusion because others have not offered you assistance in carrying such a debilitating load – but rather they have encouraged you to cut it loose. This is a perfect example, of former TWI followers showing you the way to true freedom and you vomit on them.

Edited by T-Bone

CK, I think your hatred and anger is misdirected.

Is it now, see I thought since you were trying to turn me away from the truth you were the enemy. There must be a mistake, I must be wrong. You were so gracious in your ways. "I think" This is the problem when you start thinking all hell breaks loose. Your thinking could have lead to the distruction of TWI all by yourself. You think I should move my hatred and anger towards who VPW, TWI, both at the same time. You want me to put down the truth for your so called facts.

CK

Is it now, see I thought since you were trying to turn me away from the truth you were the enemy. There must be a mistake, I must be wrong. You were so gracious in your ways. "I think" This is the problem when you start thinking all hell breaks loose. Your thinking could have lead to the distruction of TWI all by yourself. You think I should move my hatred and anger towards who VPW, TWI, both at the same time. You want me to put down the truth for your so called facts.

CK

CK, are you serious? When people start thinking all hell breaks loose? Do you honestly believe God Almighty wants us to turn off our brains? Jesus said the first and greatest commandment is to love God with all your heart, soul and mind [Matthew 22:37]!

And to clarify my intentions – I am not expecting you to forsake the truth in exchange for my "so called facts." I don't expect you to change your beliefs over any of my or anyone else's personal experiences with TWI. I am calling attention to the fact of something YOU are experiencing. I have been trying to get you to understand that some of the doctrines of VPW and TWI have "stolen" the truth from you – in that they have not only presented a skewed interpretation of certain passages of Scripture. That is only half the problem. The other issue is that people adopt their shoddy way of processing information. Instead of seeking improvement, questioning, and developing thinking skills - followers typically absorb whatever TWI puts out. This process only perpetuates whatever faults there are in any particular doctrine. Followers succumb to the intellectual straitjacket of TWI - that you can't go beyond what you're taught.

According to your post # 50 on the Apostle or Lord Wierwille thread, Jesus Christ has been eliminated from your circle of trust:

ckmkeon

…You say I came here to be shown the light, you wouldn't know light if it were right next to you. Your failure has caused great confusion, and in no way can you be trusted. There at this time is 4 people I trust

1. My Dad

2. Apostle Dr. Wierrwille

3. My Best Friend

4. God

You quote from the Bible and say you believe the truth – yet it appears to me you have been deprived of the living truth Jesus Christ. With the high regard that you have for VPW as evidenced in your passionate defense of him - it looks to me like you've elevated him to a position equal to Jesus Christ. It is very odd to see in discussions between you and others – a competition between VPW and Jesus Christ. When I read passages about the supremacy of Christ like in Colossians – it looks to me like it is YOU who have forsaken the truth, captivated by certain doctrines of a man, VPW.

Colossians 2:2-15

2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.

5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

When I read the above passage and think of some of your recent posts – some things come to mind. In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge [verse 3] – not in anyone's doctrine or interpretation of the Bible; my faith is to be in Christ [verse 5] – not in anyone else. That there will be people in the world who will try to get me to forsake the truth through beguiling words and philosophies [verses 4 and 8] and I think much of what comes out of TWI falls into this category. Above all, I no longer have to fear demons, hell breaking loose or be afraid of using my brain to think, question, explore, etc. Because I have received Jesus as my lord [verse 6] and hold to Him and He holds me, I am complete in Him [verse 10]. Moreover, He is the head of all principality and power [verse 10] and has beaten those demons [verse 15] that VPW and TWI said I should fear…You say Christians who left TWI have failed to hold on to the truth. I say if there are any Christians who hold on to TWI – they have failed to see the supremacy of Christ.

Edited by T-Bone