Name that Flick

Raf

"Boy. They told me European women had funny ways!"

"I hoped I'd get to nail you one more time. Didn't think it'd be literally."

"Now, would you like to learn to shoot?"

"I can already."

"Oh, I saw. Very American. Fire enough bullets and hope to hit the target."

"I may have been overly rude earlier... when I called you a pirate."

"And I may have been overly charitable... when I said I wasn't. But I try to live in the now... where the ghosts of old wrongs do not abide."

George

"The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." (And women.)

I heard that movie is part of the reason why Sean Connery retired from acting. He was so disappointed with the outcome that he decided to leave acting for good. So far, except for a couple voice acting roles, it was his last movie.

I heard that movie is part of the reason why Sean Connery retired from acting. He was so disappointed with the outcome that he decided to leave acting for good. So far, except for a couple voice acting roles, it was his last movie.

I hadn't noticed, but you're right, he hasn't been on screen since that movie. Of course, he was 73 at the time, so retiring might have had nothing to do with the movie.

WordWolf is up.

George

"I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

"I think I would just cut the wire."

"Always a way out..."

" You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?"

"I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

"Always a way out..."

" You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?"

"This is out of line, Director. You're dealing with forces you can't control."

"You ever been in a war, Councilman? In a firefight? Did you feel an over-abundance of control?"

"They needed a push in the right direction.

They got it."

"Always a way out..."

"This is out of line, Director. You're dealing with forces you can't control."

"You ever been in a war, Councilman? In a firefight? Did you feel an over-abundance of control?"

"They needed a push in the right direction.

They got it."

" Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on."

"They'll come back."

"You really sure about that?"

"I am."

"Why?"

"Because we'll need them to."

"Raise the mizzenmast! Jib the topsails!"

"Kneel!"

"Not today!"

• 2 weeks later...

You know what your problem is?

What?

Your face.

Come on!

You're too good-looking. Girls go out with you and get nervous. They feel dumpy, they don't want to compete. They want a guy...... like me. A guy who'll make them look good.

A basic Neanderthal type.

Yeah, a swarthy type. A man's man.

Yo, Gus. How about a refill?

Yo, Dan. You know where the coffee is.

I'm trying to impress my date.

Then you shouldn't have brought her here.

OH WOW! That was such a totally 80s chick flick movie that was one I knew. Okay!!! Give me a little bit here, Let me think of one...I have a movie in mind, I just have to find the lines.

OKAY... I'm going to start off with this line, then if nobody gets it, I'll give a better one. Here it is....

Don't worry, Mr. Simms. I look weird, but otherwise I'm real normal. Everything'll be cool.

I think I'll do a little bit more.

First you told me he was gonna be retarded, then you told me he was gonna be blind AND deaf. If I'd dug his grave every time one of you geniuses told me he was gonna die, I'd be eating (bleep) chop suey in China by now!

"Mask"?

George

PS: In THIS thread, it's perfectly acceptable (if not actually encouraged!) to start with more obscure lines, and then easier ones, if no one gets it. In "Flicks Remembered from One Line," you're supposed to make the one line as obvious as possible.

"Mask"?

George

PS: In THIS thread, it's perfectly acceptable (if not actually encouraged!) to start with more obscure lines, and then easier ones, if no one gets it. In "Flicks Remembered from One Line," you're supposed to make the one line as obvious as possible.

OKAY George, gotcha! I was thinking about that too, thanks for the help and I'll catch on! :) And YES! It is Mask, lol. Your turn. :)

"I know the presidents' chief scientific advisor, we were at MIT together. And, in a situation like this, you-you really don't wanna take the advice from a man who got a C minus in astrophysics. The presidents' advisors are... wrong. I'm right."

"It is stuck, yes?"

"Back off! You don't know the components!"

"Components. American components, Russian Components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!"

George

Not Fail Safe. Not a bad guess, though.

"You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?"

"You wanna compare brainpans? I won the Westinghouse prize when I was 12, big deal. Published at 19, so what. I got a double doctorate from MIT at 22, Chemistry and Geology. I taught at Princeton for two and a half years."

"I know the presidents' chief scientific advisor, we were at MIT together. And, in a situation like this, you-you really don't wanna take the advice from a man who got a C minus in astrophysics. The presidents' advisors are... wrong. I'm right."

"It is stuck, yes?"

George

Not Air Force One. This might make it easier:

"With the proximity of the asteroid, and no prep time, none of our primary plans can work."

"Why don't we just send up a hundred and fifty nuclear warheads and blast that rock apart?"

"You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?"

"You wanna compare brainpans? I won the Westinghouse prize when I was 12, big deal. Published at 19, so what. I got a double doctorate from MIT at 22, Chemistry and Geology. I taught at Princeton for two and a half years."

"It is stuck, yes?"

George