GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Girl: What kind of wife are you looking for?

Boy: Oh um, well... one who's not a mutant.

Girl: [laughs] No dogs, huh. OK. Cool.

Boy: And if it's possible, I'd like to marry someone from Pasadena.

Girl: [laughs] Um, when do you need her by?

Boy: Two weeks?

Girl Well, I can probably get you laid in two weeks, but to locate a non-mutant wife from Pasadena takes some time.

Boy: That's what I was afraid of.

Delightful comedy. In fact, down right funny. Late 90's

Girl: I'm sick of working for that dickhead.

Boy:What?

Girl: You know, a walking penis capable of intelligent speech. A dickhead!

Girl: So for four thousand dollars, all I have to do is drive you to your hotel?

Boy: Uh-huh!

Girl: That's it?

Boy: Yes.

Girl: And I don't have to take a physical in your spaceship?

Edited by Human without the bean

Say, mom?

Yes, dear?

I was wondering, you know, while I was up there and all, I was thinking, well you know, I was wondering if maybe I could meet a girl? I've been thinking about that a little. Just these last fifteen years or so.

Oh Adam, it would be wonderful if you could meet a girl. One who's not a mutant and hopefully comes from Pasadena. Nothing against Valley girls but in my day anyhow girls from Pasadena, I don't know, just always seemed a little bit nicer.

Here's some plot that gets to the heart of the movie

What's that noise?

The locks.

The locks?

To keep us from trying to leave. After an atomic blast there's a radiation

half-life that lasts thirty five years.

Thirty -five years!

Then after that it's safe.

It's safe.

To go up.

To go up.

Edited by Human without the bean

I didn't think it was going to be that tough at first. I tried to give away as much of the essentials without naming the movie but alas it wasn't to be.

Blast From The Past Off beat show about an essentric inventor (Christopher Walken) who builds an elaborate underground shelter in case of a nuclear bomb attack and when an airplane crash lands near his property he goes underground for 35 years. Brandon Frazier plays his son Adam, who goes up to the surface to see if the coast is clear where he meets Eve, (Alicia Silverstone) a valley girl type and eventually they find romance. Very funny movie.

Free Post

1st Jailer: [looking in records] Miriam, wife... Tirzah, daughter.

Drusus: Yes, that's them. Are they alive?

1st Jailer: [examining the records, he is pessimistic] East section... lower level. Cell two. The jailer in that wing will know.

[Drusus is led down various passages into the lower dungeons]

Drusus: How long since you've seen them?

2nd Jailer: Never - and I've been here three years. But they're alive, all right.

2nd Jailer: [after demonstrating a slot in the bottom of the cell door] The food disappears.

I just guessed it because I remember that Ben-Hur was Jewish.

"I do seem to remember a process where you people ask me questions and I give you answers, and then I ask you questions and you give me answers, and that's the way we find out things. I think I read that in a manual somewhere."

"Whether we are based on carbon or silicon makes no fundamental difference. We should each be treated with appropriate respect."

"What is going to happen?"

"Something wonderful."

"I'm afraid."

Dave: Don't be. We'll be together."

"Where will we be?"

"Where I am now."

George

James Duncan: Did you change Doug's electrical specifications?

Roger Simmons: I most certainly did.

James Duncan: For God's sake, why?

Roger Simmons: The reason should be obvious, especially to you.

James Duncan: We've got a fire, and if it was caused by anything you did I'm going to hang you out to dry, then I'm going to hang you.

More quotes:

Doug Roberts: And they're celebrating... a party.

Chief O'Hallorhan: Party? What party? Where?

Doug Roberts: In the Promenade Room, 300 people.

Chief O'Hallorhan: Well why didn't you get them the hell out of there?

Doug Roberts: Why don't you go upstairs and talk to Duncan, he ain't exactly listening to me.

Chief O'Hallorhan: I will.

A total guess on my part. Ive never seen it. Only bits and pieces here and there.

He lets the last Hungarian go. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and then he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they live in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. Nobody has ever seen him since. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. "Rat on your pop, and #@%&&$&$ will get you." And no-one ever really believes.

[i've blotted out this name intentionally] Not that it would matter any. :blush: