GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Lt. Steven Hauk: The former V.P. is a good man and a decent man.

General Taylor: ....! I know Nixon personally. He lugs a trainload of dang behind him that could fertilize the Sinai. Why, I wouldn't buy an apple from the son of a bitch, and I consider him a good, close personal friend.

BTW, can we dispense with the "include the names of the characters" thing until at least the

first 2 quotes drew blanks from the audience?

I could have gotten that one from the characters OR the quotes, that time.

=============================

"BUT HE DOESN'T KNOW THE TERRITORY!"

"Shipoopi!"

"A girl that's hard to get!"

"Shipoopi!"

"HE DON'T KNOW ONE NOTE FROM ANOTHER!

"When a woman's got a husband, and you've got none, why should she take advice from you? Even if you can quote Balzac and Shakespeare and all them other high-falutin' Greeks."

"The Music Man"?

George

Indeed!

A complaint about "Professor" Harold Hill among the travelong salesmen,

"Shipoopi!"

A musical number featuring BUDDY HACKETT singing and dancing.

"HE DON'T KNOW ONE NOTE FROM ANOTHER!

Another complaint about Hill at the beginning.

"When a woman's got a husband, and you've got none, why should she take advice from you? Even if you can quote Balzac and Shakespeare and all them other high-falutin' Greeks."

IIRC, the librarian's Mom was reminding the librarian that it is good to have standards. but standards don't

keep you warm at night, and she might have set her sights too high so that NO man could match up to them.

That was Shirley Jones, and her little brother was played by RON HOWARD.

(IIRC, there was a moment once in Happy Days where Marion said once how the boy in the

original musical looked like Richie. :)

Hermionie Gingold also appears in it. The casting choices were pretty eccentric- except for Preston

reprising his role from the musical.

"All right, we can insert here at the George Washington Bridge, come around the bank just off of Manhattan, land on the far side of Liberty Island, here."

"What about harbor patrol? Radar?"

"If they have anything that can pick up our jet, they deserve to catch us."

"Why do none of you understand what I'm trying to do? Those people down there- they control our fate and the fate of every other mutant! Well, soon our fate will be theirs."

"You're so full of s---! If you're really so righteous, it'd be you in that thing."

"Where am I?"

"Westchester, New York. My people brought you here for medical attention."

"I don't need medical attention."

"Yes, of course."

"Hey! It's me."

"Prove it!"

"You're a dick."

"Okay."

George

It's one of the X-Men movies. The "Prove it..You're a dick" exchange was between Cyclops and Wolverine. I think it was the first one.

Edited by Jbarrax

Don't you think I realize what's going on here, miss? Who do you think I am, huh? Don't you think I know that if I was some hotshot from out of town that pulled inside here and you guys made a reservation mistake, I'd be the first one to get a room and I'd be upstairs relaxing right now. But I'm not some hotshot from out of town, I'm a small reporter from "Rolling Stone" magazine that's in town to do an exclusive interview with Michael Jackson that's gonna be picked up by every major magazine in the country. I was gonna call the article "Michael Jackson Is Sitting On Top of the World," but now I think I might as well just call it "Michael Jackson Can Sit On Top of the World Just As Long As He Doesn't Sit in the Beverly Palm Hotel 'Cause There's No N&**&&^^ Allowed in There!"

Don't you think I realize what's going on here, miss? Who do you think I am, huh? Don't you think I know that if I was some hotshot from out of town that pulled inside here and you guys made a reservation mistake, I'd be the first one to get a room and I'd be upstairs relaxing right now. But I'm not some hotshot from out of town, I'm a small reporter from "Rolling Stone" magazine that's in town to do an exclusive interview with Michael Jackson that's gonna be picked up by every major magazine in the country. I was gonna call the article "Michael Jackson Is Sitting On Top of the World," but now I think I might as well just call it "Michael Jackson Can Sit On Top of the World Just As Long As He Doesn't Sit in the Beverly Palm Hotel 'Cause There's No N&**&&^^ Allowed in There!"

*hums "Axel F" *

This is from "Beverly Hills Cop", when Axel Foley was trying to check in to the Beverly Palm Hotel with no reservation.