"Yeah. Man, that's really old."

"You should meet my father."

"Your father's still alive?"

"No, but you should meet him."

xxxx

"They're a nice middle-aged couple, just like us."

"If they're just like us, they're not middle-aged."

"Of course they are."

"Middle-aged means the middle, Ethel. Middle of life. People don't live to be 150!"

xxxx

"I guess I'd be delighted to have you abuse my daughter under my own roof. Would you like the room where I first violated her mother? Or would you be interested in the master bedroom? Ethel, your boy and I could sleep out back. You could do it right here on the hearth. Like that?"

"You're havin' a good time, aren't you?"

"Huh?"

"Chelsea told me all about how you like to have a good old time with people's heads. She does too sometimes. Sometimes I can get into it and sometimes not. I think you should know I'm pretty good at recognizing crap when I hear it. You know, it's not imperative that you and I become friends. But I thought it would be nice. I'm sure you're a very fascinating person and I thought it would be fascinating getting to know you. That's obviously not an easy task. No. You just go ahead and be as 'poopy' as you want, to quote Chelsea. And I'll be as receptive and as pleasant as I can be. But I want you to bear one thing in mind while you're jerking me around, making me feel like an ....: I know precisely what you're up to. I'll take just so much of it. Okay? Now, what is the bottom line on this illicit sex question?"

"Very good. That was a good speech. Bottom line, huh? You're a bottom line man. All right, here's the bottom line. Okay."

"Hm?"

"You seem like a nice man. Bit verbose, but nice."

"Thank you."

"And you're right about me. I am fascinating."

"I'm sure you are."

"Let's get back to talking about sex. Anything you want to know, just ask me."

"No, I just... I just wanted to clear up that little question. Chelsea and I can sleep together, right?"

"Sure, please do. Just don't let Ethel catch ya."

xxxx

"It just seems like we've been mad at each other for so long..."

"I didn't think we were mad; I just thought we didn't like each other."

xxxx

"Come here, Norman. Hurry up. The loons! The loons! They're welcoming us back."

If the last line doesn't give it away, I'll just post the answer. But I was sure the sex dialogue was the giveaway.

That is correct.

And yes, I went from giveaway to please, you've gotta know this...

1st exschange is between Norman (Henry Fonda) and the teenager Billy (Doug McKeon).

The second is a classic back and forth between Norman (age 80) and Ethel (Katherine Hepburn playing a 75 year old).

The third is between Norman and Billy Sr. (Dabney Coleman), boyfriend of Norman's daughter Chelsea (Jane Fonda).

The fourth is Chelsea and Norman.

And the last one is the opening line of the movie, spoken by Ethel.

"Trust you to buy another tall horse."

"Yeah. He's not as game as Beau, but Stonehill says he can jump a four rail fence."

"You are too old and fat to be jumping horses."

"Well, come see a fat old man some time!"

"What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?"

"I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?"

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man."

"Fill your hands, you son of a b-tch!"

George

That's True Grit. I should think either version would do. The dialog in both is pretty close to the same.

What time is it? It's time for time. Look, the hands are slowing down. Do you ever get the feeling... Yeah. that things aren't as rosy as they appear to be under the surface? What's happening John?

In my humble opinion, we've become involved in Einstein's time-space continuum theory. Relatively speaking, that is. Maybe time's gone on strike. What for? Shorter hours. I don't blame it. It must be very tiring being time, mustn't it?

"I don't know what she sees in him."

"She must be into fungus."

"What makes you so sensitive? She's never been anything but nice to you."

"Yeah she even used to me to make what's-his-name jealous."

"She doesn't even LIKE what's-his-name!"

"Yeah I couldn't really tell, by the way their faces we're stuck together at that country club."

"Oh, that's right. You didn't stick around for the um... exciting conclusion."

"Oh what was that- his hand on her @$$?"

"Her right hook, you think she sprained her wrists doing her nails?"

"She hit him?"

"An understatement."

I'm thinking it's "The Karate Kid." I don't recognize the first exchange, but the second is when one of Ali's girlfriends explains to Daniel that what he saw between Ali and Johnny wasn't what he thought it was.

George

It is.

The first exchange was at the costume party, when Daniel was dressed as a shower.

(Points for originality. However, how can Daniel NOT attend a COSTUME party and

manage to be in disguise and inconspicuous?)

The second is EXACTLY what you remembered. I could identify the movie from the

exchange "What, his hand on her @$$?" "No- her left hook" pretty easily, myself.

Go, George.

Edited by WordWolf

"That gal's got entirely too many brains to have an a-s-s like that."

"How long are you gonna be in town?"

"Not very long."

"That's what I said 25 years ago."

"Really? What happened?"

"I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you. She left me, though. Found somebody even uglier than she was. That's life. Who can explain it?"

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

That's surprising George, your quoting from Road House.

Yeah, horses're fascinating animals. Dumb as fenceposts but very intuitive. In that way they're not too different from high school girls: they may not have a brain in their head but they do know all the boys want to fu&k 'em.

All I ask is that you keep up with me. If you can't, then that strange sensation you'll be feeling in the seat of your pants will be my boot in your a$s!

That's surprising George, your quoting from Road House.

Yeah, horses're fascinating animals. Dumb as fenceposts but very intuitive. In that way they're not too different from high school girls: they may not have a brain in their head but they do know all the boys want to fu&k 'em.

All I ask is that you keep up with me. If you can't, then that strange sensation you'll be feeling in the seat of your pants will be my boot in your a$s!

Speaking of horses did you ever see those Lipizzaner stallions.

What?

From Portugal. The Lipizzaner stallions. The most highly trained horses in the world. They're all white?

Yes, sir.

Yes, sir" you're aware they're all white or "Yes, sir" you've seen them?

Yes, sir I've seen them. Yes, sir I was aware that they are all white. They are not from Portugal; they're from Spain and at birth, they're not white; they're black. Sir.

I didn't know that. But they are from Portugal. [Chuckling]

Some of the things they do, uh, defy belief. Their training program is simplicity itself. You just stick a cattle prod up their a$s and you can get a horse to deal cards. [Chuckles] Simple matter of voltage.

Is it agin' the rules to Google it to get the title of a movie you almost remember? :-)

Here's what I do remember. Maybe it will make it click for someone else.

• It stars Gene Hackman and Denzel Washington (they're the actors who spoke the dialogue above).

• It's a submarine drama involving a nuclear crisis and resultant mutiny

• The commanding officer is a bigot, but also an excellent officer.

• It's NOT the Hunt for Red October, which is the title that comes to mind whenever I think of this film.

Anybody know this one?

Edited by Jbarrax

Here you go Jabbax, this will jar your memory.

Mr. COB!

Yes, sir?

You're aware of the name of this ship, aren't you Mr. COB?

Very aware, sir!

It bears a proud name, doesn't it, Mr. COB?

Very proud, sir!

It represents fine people. Who live in a fine, outstanding state.

Outstanding, sir!

In the greatest country in the entire world.

In the entire world, sir!

And what is that name, Mr. COB?

Alabama, sir!

And what do we say?

Go Bama!

Roll Tide!