GreaseSpot Cafe

Pat Robertson, at it yet again

markomalley

Maybe Pat Robertson is trying to get on the board for CES:

In what has become an annual tradition of prognostications, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson predicted Tuesday that a terrorist attack on the United States would result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

(snip)

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election. Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts. He also predicted Bush's victory for a second term in 2005.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006. Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

Source: AP

Edited by markomalley

that a terrorist attack on the United States would result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

O No! How much money do we have to send to Pat to keep us safe?

Major cities? which ones? at CES they can tell whose nose the spider is crawling out of, he should buy their book

Did he also predict that there will be snow in the Northeast?

Baseball in the spring?

A high profile celebrity who will meet disgrace?

A politician who will be investigated for fraud?

A new war between two countries?

that he will be put on psychiatric medication and taken off the air?

He's the new Jean Dixon with just about the same accuracy.

So what happens when his "message from God" is a miss? Did God make a mistake or was Pat just not listening closely enough? I would imagine that God knows the difference between a tsunami and heavy rains, but maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Pirate1974

This really saddens me. I used to have respect for Robertson and voted for him in the '88 primary. What is wrong with him ? If he had followed it up with asking people to pray for God's protection for this country that would be fine but what is the point of this ? The man needs to do a serious study on wisdom.

I guess Pat doesn't believe the parts of the Bible that talk about false prophets. <_<

What cracks me up even more than his false prophecies is the fact that, as TWIts, we laughed at him and how stupid the people were who believed him. :biglaugh: I'll bet there are folks in the CESpool who do the same thing. :evildenk:

He's the new Jean Dixon with just about the same accuracy.

So what happens when his "message from God" is a miss? Did God make a mistake or was Pat just not listening closely enough? I would imagine that God knows the difference between a tsunami and heavy rains, but maybe I'm wrong.

No miss. He received his cash quata and all the prayers needed for gawd to halt the attack. Simple as that. :confused:

Here is a good one about Pat.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?p...=A5339-2001Nov9

The A.P story adds this quote of P's -

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

On his site he's got a beery letter of condolence posted to the victims of a plane crash in Connecticut, a plane owned by one his "corporations". He definitely missed that one.

He doesn't give predictions or prophecies as much as he gives "judgments". None of his so-called prophecys are specific relating to any date, time or place that would allow for anyone to save themselves. He doesn't even bother to preach a brimstone filled sermon on what the soon-to-be devestated might do for his god to avoid such wrathful events.

All he really does is announce judgments, from "god", for whatever it is he says is wrong. So he's really more of God's Judgment Announcer of Wrath That May or May Not Happen Pretty Soon or Sometime After That.

He's so despicable there aren't words. He pinches out things like "If I'm hearing the Lord right"...... I can't see how anyone can watch his Alfred E. Newman bobble-headed act on TV and not barf let alone send his asinine company money.

Edited by socks

I recall on my interim year, the government or the the world was somehow coming to n end. From TWI . Importently enough to get ready for doom or gloom,PREPARE. I was a WOW, I bought a Jansport D-3 backpack and a fifty pound of millet for my WOW brethen to survive. I recall back in 1972 by Jimmy Swaggert that all of the planets would line up in such a manner and the Lord would return. WHATEVER! Aint noone knows the times or the seasons. We just need to wait! We will hear all kinds of things I reckon. Who is the next contestant as the song goes?

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006. Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.[/font][/color][/size]

It's almost enough to make me believe in deities. It's almost as if god would have redirected all the storms and earthquakes to other parts of the world to make sure Robertson's predictions were completely wrong. I mean, it seemed like a safe bet that at least some strong storms would hit the U.S. after 2005, but the strong winds kept all the storms to the Atlantic last year. He probably got some new converts from Bermuda, but I hope that his "predictions from God" are used against him in the future. He has no credibility.