GreaseSpot Cafe

how-to question

potato

I know this has been answered, but I searched and couldn't find the information on how to change the text under my avatar. dmiller is FiddlePicker, WordWolf is something cool in latin, and I sound like a mental case for thinking Raf is a weatherman.

how do I change that text?

Potato -- go to *my controls* (top of your page)

Clicking on that gets you to your profile, etc.

Look at the left of the page -- you'll see an area with the heading Personal Profile.

The FIRST setting under the heading is -- Edit Profile Information.

Click on that.

Once that page loads -- the very first optiion you should see is ---

CUSTOM MEMBER TITLE. :)

It's up to you, to fill in the blank -- that's what will show up. ;)

Soooooo -- we're waiting for the new member title!

What's it going to be?? Baked?, or French-fried?

:biglaugh:

(sorry -- hope the instructions work for you!)

Hmmmmmm. Right above *my date of birth* -- I see "custom member title".

Tell you what -- contact Paw, or Greasy Tech, or Doowap --

tell them what you want your *title* to be, and I'm thinking they can change it for you.

That's how I got mine changed back whenever -- but I thought that now (with the new board),

that folks could change their's at will -- meebe not, eh?

(Ps -- I really do see the "custom member title* there -- in my control panel

right above the slot asking for date of birth.)

I believe you, dmiller! maybe I haven't posted enough to have the privilege yet.

thanks for telling me where to look, and I'll see what one of the resident geeks can tell me.

I believe you, dmiller! maybe I haven't posted enough to have the privilege yet.

thanks for telling me where to look, and I'll see what one of the resident geeks can tell me.

Hey -- your posts have all been QUALITY. 300 of yours means more than 11,000 of mine.

;)

well, I only have 196 more posts to go...

PB, I might be half-baked some days, and most days I'm a thick-skinned, crusty fried potato... my grandpa potato was like that... he seemed grumpy as all get out, but he was soft and warm on the inside, like good potatoes should be.

I'm almost never au gratin. too runny.

whipped potatoes, we won't get into, but it depends on the recipe.

The 500 post minimum for changing your title has been removed.

My laptop must be lame then - went to edit profile and it still had birthday followed by URL followed by various chat fields. Tried the F5 refresh for Firefox to no avail. Guess I'll try IE and see if it is different.

Thanks for removing the minimum GreasyTech.

My directions for fixing things:

When I need my car fixed I say "Fred, my car needs fixing," and the car gets fixed and it's very good. (This probably won't work for you, it's a spouse-specific fix.)

When I have problems at the Greasespot Cafe I email and say, "Moderator [they are all nice], please fix this," and the trouble is fixed and it is very good. (This should work for you because private message they get.

Edited by Kit Sober

OK...think I found out how to:

"My Controls"

Left column under Menu, then Personal Profile click the "Edit Signature" option...make it the way you want it & click "Update my Signature" at the bottom.

Nope, signature refers to what I have below here in blue letters - it shows up at the end of every post I post.

I don't know how to change what you want to, but if you figure it out, I'd like to change mine too, now that I think about it. I have no doubt I've had kids and exactly how many.