GreaseSpot Cafe

Gangs

Dot Matrix

I grew up in the inner city of CHicago, prodomently Polish and Italian neighborhood..talkin about good food...:)

But, we are talkin GANGS..Our gangs were Italian..dont wanna mess with them..John Trevolta types with black leather cabreta's..the name of our locals were the 'Sharks'..

They kept us safe..but I grew up in a period of time when they integrated schools, and brought in kids from other districts..

My mom said"NO MORE", I was walking back from shopping and some one came up and threatened to cut off my hair. I was a natural sandy blonde, with hair to the bottom of my butt...I was scarred to go to school..we moved to the burbs soon after..

Oh man, I'm sorry but the image of John Travolta as a "gangster"..that's just too funny! I can just see it...he walks up to someone, pulls a gun, and very seriously says....

"Up your nose with a rubber hose"

Rick(Still laughing)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh doh ee oh doh, I dunno. All I wanted to do was tell Dot how to live her life. Why is that so bad? I want her to be forced to live where I think she ought to live. Haven't I said that plainly enough? I mean, didn't you get it when I said, "Dot, you MUST STAY where I tell you to stay!"?

:rolleyes:

That ignorant statement just about sums you up doesn't it.

Rick

And I don't need to check your link, I know that bidness is ghetto. Just wanted you to admit you are that low class.

Rick

Well you know that little girl I helped thru school (well I bought her food and such was all I could do) anyway she is a perfect example of someone that refuses to be held to her area's lifestyle. She's now kicking butt and making a change in her own neighborhood. God bless her. And don't even say words like that to her, oh my.

That ignorant statement just about sums you up doesn't it.

Rick

And I don't need to check your link, I know that bidness is ghetto. Just wanted you to admit you are that low class.

Rick

Oh baby, oh baby! I like it when you talk nasty to me!

Yeah Kathy, it's ghetto speak. Which most of the black people I know REFUSE to let their kids speak.

Rick

I'm not black. Sawwry to disappoint.

You might wanna look up 'merkin' and 'queaf'. There's been lots of fun here at the Cafe with those words. It might help release some tension.

Glad I live in Alaska. The Lower 48 has lost it's mind, allowing the crime that I read about. Up here, in Juneau, the LIBERAL capitol of Alaska, some Jamiacan posse gang dudes came her and tried to start the "crack coaine gang thing" amongst the middle school kids (grades 6, 7th and eighth). And even though the cops tried to stay in touch with these two punks, they finally lost track of them. There was no record of their names on out bound planes, and no record of them boarding any State run ferries (which is the only way to get in and out of Juneau, for we are, for al intent and purposes, and ISLAND).

But finally, the cops received an anonymous message. The message read; "Check the crab pots in Auke Bay" (paraphrase). And they did. They found the half eaten bodies of the crack Jamaican's half eaten by dungeness and King crabs. And, the threat of the gangs halted right then and there. No doubt some commercial fisherman with sweet little children decided that this "gang threat" did not need to flourish here. The cops never really persued the case, for afterall, there were was no need. S hit man, it's a jungle! We do what we need to do to survive, to protect our kids!

And, next post, I will tell what the Fairbanks Hells Angels did to keep the "Bloods" gang from starting a chapter there. It was beautiful man, really. Well hell, I'll tell you right now. The "Bloods", some black gang from Cali, decided that they were going to move into Fairbanks, AK. The Hells Angels, having gotten wind of this, simply sent a message to them and said; "If you try to set up shop here, we will kill you all". Well, the Bloods backed off , and the HA still rules the turf. And, the HA does not run around killing the innocent citizens in FBanks. And the people of Fairbanks were happy wth their local Hells Angels. When people see them at bars, they buy them drinks. Looks like the threat of death to the Bloods did the trick.

Well you know that little girl I helped thru school (well I bought her food and such was all I could do) anyway she is a perfect example of someone that refuses to be held to her area's lifestyle. She's now kicking butt and making a change in her own neighborhood. God bless her. And don't even say words like that to her, oh my.

Words like what? Bidness?

Oh baby, oh baby! I like it when you talk nasty to me!

I'm not black. Sawwry to disappoint.

You might wanna look up 'merkin' and 'queaf'. There's been lots of fun here at the Cafe with those words. It might help release some tension.

CW, I know you're not black but words we use reflect us, I'm a good example of that having made errors more than once on this forum.

Words like what? Bidness?

It's not the words it's the heart of the issue that she is changing. She knows there are choices out there.

CW, I know you're not black but words we use reflect us, I'm a good example of that having made errors more than once on this forum.

It's not the words it's the heart of the issue that she is changing. She knows there are choices out there.

Well, CK, then why say, "And don't even say words like that to her, oh my." if it's not about the words, but the heart?

Glad I live in Alaska. The Lower 48 has lost it's mind, allowing the crime that I read about. Up here, in Juneau, the LIBERAL capitol of Alaska, some Jamiacan posse gang dudes came her and tried to start the "crack coaine gang thing" amongst the middle school kids (grades 6, 7th and eighth). And even though the cops tried to stay in touch with these two punks, they finally lost track of them. There was no record of their names on out bound planes, and no record of them boarding any State run ferries (which is the only way to get in and out of Juneau, for we are, for al intent and purposes, and ISLAND).

But finally, the cops received an anonymous message. The message read; "Check the crab pots in Auke Bay" (paraphrase). And they did. They found the half eaten bodies of the crack Jamaican's half eaten by dungeness and King crabs. And, the threat of the gangs halted right then and there. No doubt some commercial fisherman with sweet little children decided that this "gang threat" did not need to flourish here. The cops never really persued the case, for afterall, there were was no need. S hit man, it's a jungle! We do what we need to do to survive, to protect our kids!

And, next post, I will tell what the Fairbanks Hells Angels did to keep the "Bloods" gang from starting a chapter there. It was beautiful man, really. Well hell, I'll tell you right now. The "Bloods", some black gang from Cali, decided that they were going to move into Fairbanks, AK. The Hells Angels, having gotten wind of this, simply sent a message to them and said; "If you try to set up shop here, we will kill you all". Well, the Bloods backed off , and the HA still rules the turf. And, the HA does not run around killing the innocent citizens in FBanks. And the people of Fairbanks were happy wth their local Hells Angels. When people see them at bars, they buy them drinks. Looks like the threat of death to the Bloods did the trick.

Priceless.

Never said you ARE black. I made that comment because most people ASSOCIATE ghetto talk with black folks. And as I said, most of the black people that I know REFUSE to let their children speak in that low class ignorant sounding "dialect". Including my best friend of the last 10 years who is a black man, and a single father who has raised the most beautiful and well spoken young lady you will ever meet.

I'm going to work now. Maybe you should try it. Might get you out of that ghetto you live in.

Rick

:eusa_clap:

CW, your question of me doesn't make sense.

I don't know how to make the question any clearer.

We have choices in life CW and they are very personal to each of us. If we believe we have to live in the mold of our upbringing that is most sad. Words are powerful but inflections and manners behind the words even more. If that doesn't help then I don't know what more I have to offer at this moment in time.

Oh heck, I'll use an example....

Don W's daughter L told me once that she would prefer to go WOW in NY than in the south. Her reason for that was in the south they would open their doors and even their homes and be all sugary sweet saying "oh yeah we'll come to fellowship" and never show up. But in NY they would answer the door and say "get the f out of here" and you knew exactly where you stood.

Does that help?

Well, what I find interesting is that the google ads that popped up were

• Black History Live
  • Conservative Blacks
  • African American Women

I wonder if they match ads with chat content ...

now in this reply window I have ads for carpet cleaning ... I wonder if I complained about dirty carpets recently LOL

The only prejudice I detect in this thread is more of a PC animosity. I "sense" this in some toward people making any negative statements about the huge problem coming across our borders. It seems the PC police want to be sure we "racists" use only approved terminology and express no anger about the outrages that are occurring.

Of course closing our borders to only legal immigration would be another racist act, but maybe that would give us a better chance at dealing with the homegrown gangs.

We have choices in life CW and they are very personal to each of us. If we believe we have to live in the mold of our upbringing that is most sad. Words are powerful but inflections and manners behind the words even more. If that doesn't help then I don't know what more I have to offer at this moment in time.

Oh heck, I'll use an example....

Don W's daughter L told me once that she would prefer to go WOW in NY than in the south. Her reason for that was in the south they would open their doors and even their homes and be all sugary sweet saying "oh yeah we'll come to fellowship" and never show up. But in NY they would answer the door and say "get the f out of here" and you knew exactly where you stood.

Does that help?

Well, I get this post of yours completely. It's much like part of one of my posts:

Perhaps you prefer to live in these places, for whatever reason I do not.

What do you think I prefer? The violence? Nope. The slum and blight? Nope. The abject poverty? Nope. The people? BINGO!!!!

If I had a choice of being in a room full of 'gangbangers' or a room full of women from the Lady's Society, you bet your bippy that I'd much rather be in a room full of 'gangbangers'. Their intents and purposes are plain to see and one knows where one stands with them. The Lady's Society, on the other, will screw your husband behind your back, crap on your kids every chance they get, stick their noses so far up in your behind that they can see the red, call Code Enforcement if you have a clothes line, and other such Soap Opera behavior. Then they'll bring you pie on Thursday and smile in your face.

I just don't get you saying, "It's not the words it's the heart of the issue that she is changing." right after you said, "And don't even say words like that to her, oh my."

What I understand about gang markings is that it is lack of respect for people and property. What gives any gang the right to mark up property.

And if someone in a gang is from another country, why wouldn't we expect them to exercise respect for our country and it's citizens in risk of them getting deported back to where they came?

If someone comes here from another country (African, Mexican, or European) and they break the law, deporting their azz back to their country is what should happen. We have enough issues with our own citizens, why would we let someone from another country come here and break laws?

By the way, gangs are usually known for breaking laws. If they weren't disrespecting law breakers, then people wouldn't stereotype them. If they don't like the stereotype, then they should change their actions.

I would say this to anyone who fits into a stereotype. If the stereotype fits and you don't like that you are stereotyped, then change.

Edited by Nottawayfer

I would say this to anyone who fits into a stereotype. If the stereotype fits and you don't like that you are stereotyped, then change.

Hopefully you meant to say, "I would say this to anyone who willingly fits into a stereotype.".

not so cool muddy waters

you still did not answer my question

would you shoot the 8 yo gang kid who was trying to do harm to yours

and another question

what gang do you belong to?

imo it's got to be a cookoo one

You've called me the best name yet, cc! Muddy Waters. TYVM! :)

I did answer your question. Go back and look.

I'll tell you my gang if you'll tell me yours. :mooner:

Edited by CoolWaters

In post #59

Cool water response to Dot is in purple, her very first remark is:

"I am glad you have that option in life"

this greatly implies a lack of options for those who chose to live in gang infested areas . no freedom to chose another place, a prison , and a trap.

which I believe is truth. and sad. and desperate . and not healthy .

and a fact of life for you. and you know what eles? Im glad IM not one of them who has no options, other than to live like you describe.

Im not here to change other people chices or options, in fact I know I cant not, other than to live my own life in safety and concern for my neighbors, and that is always the OPTION I will chose to live within.

and it is a good thing.

Having no options is the root cause of much inner city criminal activity.

But I don't think that people really have no options. I think that people don't know that they have options...and don't know what those options might be.

Something I said in an earlier post:

We worked closely with the PD, the city council and the neighbors. Our neighborhood hosted a gang summit. We worked diligently to make the gangs unnecessary by meeting the physical, emotional, economical, and other needs of living life. It's a long and detailed story that spanned 7 years before we won back our neighborhood completely. It would be hard to put it all here in a post. I will say, though, that it took only about a year before the widows started coming out at night again and not only participating in neighborhood activities but hosting many at their own homes.

The most important step (after the violence has been settled down) you said in your post: "Once you know them I'd guess you are accepted and not a threat."

Read that 3rd sentence again: "We worked diligently to make the gangs unnecessary by meeting the physical, emotional, economical, and other needs of living life."

Many of those caught up in gangs have no clue of how to meet their own needs.