GreaseSpot Cafe

Gangs

Dot Matrix

Today, I drove out of our neighborhood past one of the prettiest homes with a wooden fence -- there were gang writings all over it.

I drove past other homes with wooden fences and lo and behopld BOLD red spray paint and gang words M13 then I think D Then something saying Moop something.

Our neighborhood was fine until that hurricane in New orleans. Then, our small town put a few thousand people up in a Walmart which shut down. We met some nice people -- but the kids....

Anyone else having problems...

We have to move and frankly, we are running out of affordable safe places to live....

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baton Rouge is 70 mile away.

BR added a few good and a few bad.

All I can say is thank God for Houston.

What happen those that could leave before the storm did.

Some of those stayed here. Then we were full. So when the big surge

with the buses and planes they had to go else where.

i live kind of in the sticks

so no gang problems ...but.... if i had them

can i say it???

i would at the very least take a powerful sling shot to the bastards

up here when i was a kid we ducked rock salt from a shot gun when we raided people gardens

here's a thought, I ran across this nifty device when I was researching how to control 4 footed trespassers, bet it would work on the 2 footed variety just as well:

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0038318660073a.shtml

what would even be better is to hook it up with some pink dye so the vandals would get marked.

Dot,

Call all your city counsel people and urge them to create a grafitti task force. My city has one and grafitti lasts about 8 hours at the most. The people responsible get the message and don't waste their time tagging our city.

This is an excellent idea.

The city council has a stake in the city maintaining a wholesome image. These task forces operate in large cities and small towns. Generally, since local businesses also have a stake in the image and social environment, there can be a plenty of volunteers/donations to hit the graffiti practically as quick as it gets put up. And after a while, when they realize their "monuments" aren't staying for more than a couple of hours, it'll frustrate the taggers and they'll probably stop.

:offtopic:

COW TIPPING

How to go cow tipping

Ayleen Lindahl

Introduction

Cow tipping is an art in itself. It began many years ago, when a young boy of the name of Tipper decided to make a cow more comfortable as it slept. Thinking that standing while sleeping was cruel and unusual, he set out one night to give 'ol Betsy a rest. Tragically, Tipper fell into a thick cow pie as he tried making his way back to his warm bed. He ended up going to the hospital with a severe paranoia of cows. The next day, his family had a big steak dinner.

For generations after, Texans have engaged in this heightening activity. Young children dream of it during their algebra classes, the rites to passage so close and in their reach. As the 16th birthday approaches, all your peers will gather and perform this ritual with breathless anticipation.

Supplies

1. 2 12-packs of Beer

2. Black clothing

3. Boots (Around cow pastures, wear boots that can be hosed down)

4. Wire cutters and a flashlight

5. Your friends Dave and Jerry

Setup

* Drive Dave and Jerry to the pasture, hand them the beer.

* Wait ten minutes for them to finish up both packs.

* Help Dave from truck.

* Help Dave review his lunch.

* Place wire cutters in back pocket, and make sure all black clothing is being worn.

* Quietly approach fence to pasture.

* Ask Dave for the flashlight. Run back to truck and retrieve flashlight.

* Cut fencing and wiggle through.

* Stay hunkered down and try not to giggle as you approach the nearest cow.

* Beam flashlight quickly into the cow's eyes. If no reaction, you are good to go. Skip ahead to Tipping the cow.

* If cow bucks, sending Jerry screaming like a woman back to the truck, go on to next step.

* Run after Jerry, tumble him to ground and hold hand over his mouth.

* Wait 20 minutes for Farmer to look out the front door and Holler at wolves.

* Find another cow, repeating the last 5 steps until you find one sleeping.

Other suggestions

* If the fence is making a buzzing sound, do not attempt to cut. If you do, you will have frizzy hair for the next few days.

* If the fence is making a buzzing sound and may be electrified, do NOT attempt to relieve yourself on it. I have seen this happen. It's NOT pretty.

* Make sure you bring the good truck. This is supposed to be done quietly. Do not have a truck that backfires like a rifle. Cows will awaken.

* Make sure it IS a cow. If it has horns, and no udders, Back off with caution.

* Remember poor Tipper. Beware of cow pies.

What NOT to do while tipping a cow.

* Do not wear red. Bulls are in the area.

* Do not tug on the tail to check on sleeping status.

* Do not make "moo" sounds. This only aggravates them.

* Do not try to ride the cow like a horse.

* Do not try to milk the cow.

* Do not make friends with the cow. Remember, you are there to TIP the cow, not buy it a drink.

* Do not dress cow up in a pink tutu. They like purple.

* Do not eat a burger in front of the cow. They have feelings too!

Tipping the cow

* Have Dave hold the bottom of cow on one side. (Bottom of the cow is right under the ribs, and on the soft part of the belly.)

* Have Jerry beside you, with both palms against cows upper back on opposite side. (See Figure 1)

* Count to three, and PUSH!

* Back up quickly from the cow, as its legs will fly up toward your face.

* Slap high fives to Jerry and shout your success.

* Find out what whimpering sound is.

* With Jerry's help, pull Dave out from under the cow.

* Run from farmer. (Duck when you hear shots in the air.)

* Jump into the truck and speed away into the night.

Congratulations

You have successfully completed your training in Cow Tipping. You are closer to being a true Texan! The next step to your initiation is How to eat cow fries.

Potato, I love that gizmo you posted, and the idea of the pink dye. If I was a vandal, it would stop me.

Last night, we got a flyer from the elementary school across the street. There are no gang signs, but there's a lot of destruction. Some I think was done by our local raccoon population, but its obvious not all of it was. They are forming a neighborhood watch, where if someone sees or hears anything suspicious they call the police. So, if your city won't to a task force, maybe you and your neighbors could do a neighborhood watch. In our area, if there are enough of us, we get signs to put up. It at least shows the criminal element we won't take things lying down.

The flyer also asks us to talk with our children. Sometimes they know more about the activity than what they are usually willing to share.

I live in Houston, so of course we've had an increase. However, the rising murder rate is primarily between gangs. I don't care if one gang member kills another that much.

With all that being said though, there is also a rise in gang activity amongst white middle class teenagers. That doesn't necessarily explain what's going on in your neighborhood, but I would look at it as a possibility. The midwest is having an explosion of gang activity, and it's mostly white teenagers who are getting involved with meth and so bored and without a future that they end up in gangs.

Unfortunately, I've not really seen a good way to combat gangs. It's similar to TWI in some ways...it's a religious cult without the religion.

We called the police because we have a gang task force. We got the phone number and it was no longer in service.... Yeah, what?

We called back and got a different number ....doo dooo doo dooo I am sorry that number is no longer in service....

Don't you think the police should know that?

I drove past other homes with wooden fences and lo and behopld BOLD red spray paint and gang words M13 then I think D Then something saying Moop something.

Dot, be very careful. M13 is the worst gang there is in this country. You can do a google search and find out a lot of info on them. They are a very violent gang. Read up on the gang and let your neighbors know to read too or if they aren't online, you can tell them all the info you found.

The tagging they do is to let other gangs know their gang is in control of the neighborhood. The first part identifies their gang by name, then the other things written after tell what drugs they sell and other things like that. To us it's just graffiti. to gang members the tag tells information to since they know what the different symbols and numbers mean.

I have a nice house in Haines, Alaska. Small town, and from our front picture windows, we have a majestic view of the snow covered Chilkat Mountains, and a southern view of Lynn Canal, North America's largest fjord. Here is the view from my house.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...ines%2Balaska%2

Bphotos&start=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1

I have been renting my house to a wonderful woman by the name of Sally for the past two years. She is single, a pretty woman, and has the nick name of "Hot Tub Sally". Yes, Sally is a bit rambunctious. But hey, c'est la vie! She has always paid the rent on time, and has taken care of our home/investment with great care. Her brother lives with her also, and he is a fine fellow, although a bit timid in that he refuses to shovel the snow off of the roof, like our other renters have. His name is Paul.

At any rate, just about six weeks ago, Sally's 32 year old son was coming out of a bar in some city in California. He was with his girlfriend, and when they were walking to their car, this guy, "Matt", the son of Sally, saw that some gangbanger Mexicans were harrassing a woman and grabbing at her private parts. The girl was terrified and screaming for help. This young man, Matt, the son of my renter Sally, went over and began to ask the guys to "lighten up and leave the woman alone." At his request, one of the scumbag punks produced a pistola and shot Matt and killed him on the spot. Boom! Life over! Take that bitch! End of story. Matt died at the scene...

And so now, Sally, my faithful renter is moving out in April before her lease is up (June), to be with her other children in California. The grief is too much for her. She "breaks the lease" with my blessing. We have sent our condolences, and wish her God's comfort.

The punks that did this were gang members and illegal aliens. It is my opinion that such murderers should be exterminated with extreme prejudice...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Its a good idea to get the graffiti off as soon as the police have documented it. (Have the police been out to see it yet?) Unfortunately, doing that is left up to the homeowner, and they may not have the time, money, or ability to get it removed.

Do you see kids hanging out in your neighborhood? I'd call the police, even if they're doing nothing wrong. The police need to know who is in your neighborhood, and why, and the gangs need to know the police are there.

You can tell the police there are kids loitering, and they'll come.

If you and your neighbors could be outside more, that might help, too. Gang member don't like to be identified, and if there's a neighborhood where people are out doing yardwork, or walking their dogs, they tend to stay away. Maybe everyone could turn on their yardlights?

Gangs are armed and extremely dangerous. They pay no attention to boundaries, property, or your life or any laws about gun control. They kill. Period. If one approaches a lot of gang members, you have to be armed, regardless of the laws in that area. Rather live with a police record than die obeying the law.

Frankly, you now see why gun control is useless. I guess the argument for this should be on another thread. The way to control gangs coming into your neighborhood is an armed neighborhood force with legal authority to act, and shoot to kill if necessary. They used to be called auxillary police before some places said they could be that without weapons and only carry a radio. Watchdog associations do that. But the sad part is police are too busy and never get there in time. The legal authorities in charge should learn to trust the citizenry more. Oh sure, a few abuses of that here and there. But better that than this blight coming over the border.

Edited by Eagle

I found this on M 13

I will have to reread the fence, to see if I read it correctly

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1347306/posts

One said Red Bull Moop not Woop

A few years back we had a home invasion in our neighborhood. The home owner was home and shot the invaders.

That scared me, but then everything was fine -- that was the only thing in 13 years or so....

I sleep with a gun on the night stand and I am licensed to carry. Where I work has become dangerous