GreaseSpot Cafe

the old same thing

looking for any acknowledgement of STFI's dilemma on their websites, i noticed the centerpiece of their "truth or tradition?" homepage is a link to an article titled "Is Prophesy Biblical?" no references to the current situation, just a nice thick coat of doctrinal whitewash.

there now, that oughta handle it!

I think they are gonna hold onto that little piece of devilishness like a concrete life preserver, but they can't afford to let go- I think PP is about the only one thing that actually distinguishes them from the "rest" of "Christianity".

The Jesus Christ is not God and Are the dead alive now package of goods is held by quite a few groups.

What seems the same to me- it reminds me of der vey, during mass exodus of folks, and the word was that somehow they were "prevailing".

It seems they HAD to believe this, or at least give lip service to it.

"We've abused the heck out of people, and seen no positive results. People are leaving by droves, but we are STILL RIGHT."

If there will be any changes to their websites, it will probably be to the http://stfonline.org website.

I don't expect them to change it until 1/15 after the board meets and the new president is elected. Check here on Monday or Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.

Chrispy

Chrispy -- I agree about the website observation.

And stfonline is where it should have been mentioned already.

It would serve no purpose to post something like this on ToT, or BU.

That's right monday IS a holiday -- Martin Luther King Jr. day.

What was that famous speech of his?? Oh yea, I remember ---

I HAVE A DREAM!

How fitting. :)

my opinion is a huge if it is even addressed it will be a spin like you wont realize.

on the website it has profiles look at JOHN S. says he is married to his current wife no metion of his ex or his FOUR children from that marriage.

all the rest of the folks metion their kids but not JOHN S, hmmm isnt that wierd or a cover up?

they do not it known that he also has been divorced and left a wife with four small kids. or that his current wife is #2, why would somone not metion his kids? all the rest of them do and grand kids even.

what is up with that??? my money is on it was a wicked divorce and the ex wife says if you so much as metion these kids i will sue you for all it is worth and you will never see them again . or that has already happened. we just do not know do we? huge red flag if you ask me. nope not all that sweet and loving in christian land with that so put a spin on it and jsut do not metion THAT again.

for this new crisis and drama that surrounds them all like the bad flu season will be like at our current meeting we elected a new president due to Gods vision for our ministry we are excited and thrilled at this and look forward to all the exciting events coming in the year ... blah blah blah . ]

come on do you really think they will say

we have had in fighting for many months we call one another names we are divided about important issues and we are angry so we decided to fire someone to try to keep control of the situation for a minute longer?

Edited by pond

Pond,

JS had two children, not four, with his first wife and they were not toddlers when they divorced. He has been married to his current wife for nearly ten years and both children are out of college now and on their own. I know some details about his first marriage but out of respect for both parties, I will not bring them up here.

The reasons he does not bring up his children are his own. Perhaps he feels since they are adults, they should have some respect and privacy and he has given them the opportunity to decide for themselves how much they want to be associated with CES/STFI.

John S. has admitted to cheating on his then wife while involved in twi.

o do not wet yourself... WHILE he was working on the study of adultry!!! guess he had to try it to see if it really was sin or not. for real!!!

now he asked for forgivness and all and you know has a new life and a new wife all good now!!

and he did write the paper saying it was wrong and all you know he knows it wasnt right now you know caught up in twi and all.. and no one wants to believe it because he really is a master of hush hush good fit with john L who well just say isnt.

this is what he said on a tape I didnt make this up. something about a young girl of course she had spirts that connived him and boo hoo he subcummed poor john S. this happened in his office while on staff at twi. he talked about it on a tape generated by CES.

most fell for that line of crap then as well and here it is used again and again. his books on sex and scripture and all how could he ??haha do not fool me.

look they do have a right to live life i just want to know why if they want to come off as super gloss christians why in hell they omit a ton of FACTS in their own life while digging others for thiers.

im sick of this

Pond,

JS had two children, not four, with his first wife and they were not toddlers when they divorced. He has been married to his current wife for nearly ten years and both children are out of college now and on their own. I know some details about his first marriage but out of respect for both parties, I will not bring them up here.

The reasons he does not bring up his children are his own. Perhaps he feels since they are adults, they should have some respect and privacy and he has given them the opportunity to decide for themselves how much they want to be associated with CES/STFI.

All of the children are grown so is Marks and Karens and Dans and John l. an they have grands in fact and speak of them (we are all older now) and they were not toddlers hello but they were yOUNG to the fact he has been married TEN years hello do the math did he marry again the day after the divorce?

they were under age still livng at home by far.

it is his business just odd why everyone eles metions their kids and grand kids but he doesnt.

it probably does have alot to do with the fact they do NOT want anything to do with what he is doing!!!

I agree and it speaks volumes on his life of ruins.

just do not metion it that is all because you have the inside poop. give me a break. That profile has been written like that since they put the site up.

John S. at one time counted his step or something in as his own haha probably changed by now!!!

Edited by pond

True, but I think it is controversial. I think CES, and some other offshoots THRIVE on controversy.

it is rebelion and strife it causes that knit the hearts together in a cult, and the idea they have the only truth that they survive on, just like twi.

From their website, front page:

http://www.truthortradition.com/

We now need to examine an aspect of prophecy that is very important, and not well understood by most Christians: when a prophecy is spoken to people about them personally, it is almost always conditional in nature. http://www.truthortradition.com/. This is different from the generally accepted teaching that when God declares something, it is “set in stone”...

Good grief..

Not understood by most Christians.. really?

Same old thing.. "we've got the inside skinny on this thing..."

Funny how they leave this stuff on the front page of their "newspaper".

Same old crap, same old manipulation. Don't tow the line? I'm sure they can come up with a "conditional" prophecy that will tell you what will happen if you don't stay in line..

more from http://www.truthortradition.com/

The fulfillment of the prophecy often depends on the attitude and actions of the one to whom the prophecy is given.

SAME OLD THING. If it doesn't happen, it isn't the "PROPHET's" fault, it's yours.

The Vey tried this kind of thing long ago..

Then again, maybe it's not the same old thing.. I think it's worse.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

You nailed it waterbuffalo! The thing with TWI was that no matter what you THOUGHT you knew, you didn't have the inside scoop. That's how the control is maintained. If you constantly need to be brought into a "more perfect knowlege" then you are forever and infant.

Sheeeeeeeesh! And we bought that load of cra.............

perhaps they shouldnt play victim unless it is well suported by those who do not listen to anything they do not want to hear.

Facts? facts is John S. claimed to have been attacked by this VERY SAME Spirit in a woman while in twi and she was able to trick him ...blah blah blah

he cheated on his wife because of this spirt. so said he.

the fact is he says this on a tape in which at the time sounded and still is sounding like a plea for forgivness and understanding of having the very same problem he wrote a paper on claiming it is wrong.

seems to still be working on some.

you know I do not judge him but when he can not metion his children I want to know why when in FACT every other person involed in the profiles of their ministry gushes about theirs as a important part of their life.

he can not tho. WHY? and why is this sex and scripture such a wonder of teachings for him? when he has struggled with that very sin in his own life so deeply and also been divorced? m

do not sugar coat it either.

I think it is for appearance sake. and you know what he doesnt have to tell people his life story , i know i do not share mine, but when they want people to believe they have some super gloss spiritual inside scoop on how to be a worshiper of God and all truth then begin at home in your own testimony of at least being honest with who you are.

I know people need to think these men do not sin and if the do well gee golly by god they had a super good reason so it just doesnt count as long as you never ever metion it. they are leaders and not to be picked apart but h@ll yeah everyone eles is open field of what they think must have gone wrong .

spit here. now go ahead and do the famous manuver of insulting me and my life and testimony so the circle wont be broken. and those who really deserve RESPECT and HONOR wont play by the same rules as everyone that has to deal with them. because maybe just maybe God will love you more to now!!

yeah i know the way it is done im just sick of it.

but when they want people to believe they have some super gloss spiritual inside scoop on how to be a worshiper of God and all truth then begin at home in your own testimony of at least being honest with who you are.

Good point Pond, I have to agree with you on this.

And it seems any kind of of public scrutiny there (at home) opens an already aching, putrid sore, at least for some.

These are people that have put themselves in God's place for many people.. I certainly would want to know what kind of people I was dealing with, what kind of qualifications a MINISTER brings to the table.

A minister is supposed to be BLAMELESS, and not in vic's definition either.

"we know da VERD" just doesn't cut it anymore, at least for me..

I thought that was one of the qualifications for "leadership" in the church, how well do you take care of your own..

After leaving der vey, I pretty much took "normal" people on face value.. give them the benefit of the doubt..

But these "ministers".. I almost feel like they are guilty until proven innocent.. just too much at stake.