GreaseSpot Cafe

What American Accent Do You Have?

dmiller

awesome quiz!

What American accent do you have? Your Result: The Inland NorthYou may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

P .

In the Southeast, soft drinks used to be called sody-dope or simply dope(because Coke used to have suppossedlt cocaine originally). I say Toe may toe, not toemattoe, and Greacy, not greazy. But your pronunciation may vary differently(BYPMVD) :biglaugh: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
What accent. Eh!
Today Polar Bear we will work on our B's.

"Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak."

Offers "The Northeast"

"The Midland" would be better ... that would be the Midlands in the UK. (he he)

That was an interesting quiz! I'm Inland North.....all that I would question would be the "pop" versus "soda" reference; most people here in WI say soda...my guess would be about 85%. Although, mostly we just ask by the name brand...we are very concious of name brand here....

I got Inland North. No surprise there. I must have got it from my Michigander parents! I personally was born and raised in Nevada. I would have thought that some western accent had caught on. But I dont buy Pop, I buy Diet Pepsi. :rolleyes: