GreaseSpot Cafe

Ms. Shroyer on Depression

Mrs. Shroyer,

Send me a PM (Private Message) by way of this forum if you want to talk.

I will send you a PM with my phone number.

I know a bit about some of these things.

I've been through some of what you have.

I've had to see doctors and things like that also.

But I offer a loving heart to listen.

I work second shift mostly.

So I will respond when I get the message.

Always Love,

Clay

Dang - you beat me two to one, Waysider! Good ones! :biglaugh:

Thou hast spoken great truths, Ahen and Ahen.

Waysider and T-bone, careful or this will end up in the Just being Silly forum or the basement for The Soap Opera Returneth. Sounds like something from Whose Line is it Anyway?(as the great Hollywood director from Canada Colin Mocherie would say "crap") :biglaugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The "amazing" part of these kind of claims.. they mostly seem to come from some back-alley somewhere, from little known non-denominational outfits.. with little or no accountability, to anyone.

and this claim brands mental illness with the same arbitrary stigma that existed more than two turns of the century ago.

People have a hard enough time and issues dealing with depression.. why harrass them with this kind of hocus pocus?

I think its a case of "the vicster told me so.."

the big "discerning of spirits" guy there learned (practically) all he knows from the vicster's materials.. thankful for his fader in da word..

• Upvote 1

Why are inmates doing life without parole relatively rarely depressed? I have a few theories..many are narcissistic and just plain think awful highly of themselves. Many believe that they will actually get out, that their appeal will be sucessful. A few carve out a life in prison for themselves by helping others...most inmates have antisocial personality disorder and for those folks, life is cheap, even their own. They had no meaning in their lives on the street and none in jail. What's the difference?at least with jail you get 3 hots and a cot. They had no expectations of sucess and were only ever interested in material things that they had to steal or do other illegal things to get. Murderers are almost never remorseful and all the rapists in jail are innocent, thats another factor. Its amazing what you can make yourself believe if you want to badly enough!

People who are depressed have a fair amount of remorse and regret in their lives based on either their actions, or their response to other's actions. I agree that Anti-socials and narcissists have little in the way of remorse or regret to get in the way of doing what they do. There may be times of emptiness, but I would sincerely doubt if it's the same type of emptiness as the narcissist or anti-social. I think it's a different sort of emptiness, similar to the type emptiness experienced by the person with borderline personality disorder, but on a different level.

• Upvote 1