GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

Yes and Poco, now thats a strange pairing

I think the oddest double bill I ever saw was The Mahavishnu Orchestra and The J. Geils Band in the early 70's.

The crowd was a mixture of the ethereal Buddhist meditator types and colors flying rowdy bikers ....

...I dont know about the capes--could be some super hero thing

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday: Elmer Ferrer Band: This is for those piano lovers... this was particularly mesmorizing!!! I dedicate this one to Dooj...the resident piano lover...David Maxwell: Jonny Lang: This guy we could have watched for hours ... his band was sooooooo tight... AMAZING!!!! I'll post the rest tomorrow night...enjoy!

Edited by A la prochaine

Well I'm Back...for the last two nights ... I can see I've had alot of response on this music thread I'm feelin' kinda' lonely out here... Wednesday Night: Ana Miura : Los Lobos : This guy had us in tears: Randy Newman ................................................................................

.................................................................................

............................................Thursday Night: Robert Cray : I'm done...enjoy!Blue Rodeo :

One of my favorite guitarists is Chris Duarte, I try to see him when he's here in Lincoln every year.

He's on tour now, on the west coast this week, then over to Oklahoma & Kansas. He'll also be touring with Bluestone a Japanese band in September & early October on the east coast then over to Ohio, Minnesota etc.

http://www.chrisduartegroupfans.org/dates.htm

Waysider,Wow... early Van... sweet!Janiva is awesome... is this an old video???I recently got into Van's first album Astral Weeks... amazing stuff. Read a whole essay written about Van's life. 'Them' is certainly mentioned as well as his accomplishments in recording Astral Weeks. A recording feat I'm told that has not been reproduced since.Merci.Enjoy! Here's the essay... by Brian Doyle http://www.harbour.sfu.ca/~hayward/van/rev...doyleonvan.html

Edited by A la prochaine

Waysider.

Wow this woman is powerful... I just read her STORY... she has the god given right to sing the blues... holy schmoly...what a life she had.

Thanks for sharing her... i'm off to download some music...

AND...AND... AND... I checked out her gigs... turns out she was a the Ottawa Bluesfest the same day I was there... POOP... POOP... POOP... if only I had known of her I would have gone to see her.... POOP POOP POOP! :realmad: